PDA

View Full Version : About Cid..

xxYunalesca
07-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Can someone tell me...because I am a dork..and haven't played into FF so much like the rest of you old hands...but has Cid been in everygame? Because to me it loooks that way..and what the heck is his purpose other than being a character you can play in the early games? :confused:

UltimateSpamGrover
07-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Cid is in every FF except FF1

DJZen
07-29-2004, 08:37 PM
He's also not in FFMQ, but some people don't count that as a Final Fantasy game.

Rase
07-29-2004, 09:34 PM
The Final Fantasy series has a handful of mainstays: Chocobos, Moogles, Airships, and, most important, men named Cid (with the exception of the first game).
In all his apperances, Cid is usually an older man, usually a father figure to the main male or female antagonist, and almost always a scientist, usually associated with the creation and maintenance of airships.
Even the movie The Spirits Within featured a prominent scientist character named Sid, voiced by Donald Sutherland. He was, of course, the father figure to main character Aki Ross.

Jebus
07-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Yeah. He's in all of them except FF1. His purpose is usually something with the airship. In II, III, IV, V, VII, IX and X at least one of the airships is his property/he found it/or he fixed it. In VI he worked in the magitek factory and had nothing to do with airships. In VIII he was headmaster at Balamb, which flew, so that kinda counts. And in FFT there were no airships, but T.G. Cid owned anyways.

Hiei5639
08-05-2004, 06:26 AM
Was Cid in Crystal Chronicles?