PDA

View Full Version : The expansion pack

Vaprice
07-30-2004, 03:50 AM
Heya, I was just wondering not giving it much thought till now. What the expansion will be like? The monsters, the lands, traveling, quests/missions. Jobs, all that jazz. Could anyone give me any info that'd help.

Ive already seen some new monsters they are adding.

Ouch!
07-30-2004, 04:01 AM
Your best bet would be to look at the stuff that they have on the Play Online Viewer. I think they've introduced four new important NPCs. There's a good amount of new areas as well.

The main bit about the expansion is the introduction of a second, dark god, Promathia who was bound by chains, hence the title Chains of Promathia, to contain his power, or something like that.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-30-2004, 05:58 AM
not much news about it at this moment, revive this thread in a month or two, and we can give you more info

Rostum
07-30-2004, 07:01 AM
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/promathia/

Be quiet Grover, that is all I have to say.

Lionx
07-30-2004, 08:43 AM
Actually if you read the story, Promathia is the one that made the beastmen..at least thats what i think to remember at the time, they are just prolly exploring the gods that created the world we are roaming in at the moment. Interesting to say the least ^^b

UltimateSpamGrover
07-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Shadowlord made the beastmen

Kegsay
07-30-2004, 05:50 PM
McDonalds made the Beastmen.... O.o

Umm what Zaphier says sounds familiar. I also think Promethia is a chain of islands? (correct me if I'm wrong by all means).

Ouch!
07-31-2004, 01:55 AM
I went and checked out the stuff on Play Online Viewer, and it said Promathia bound himself in chains to put limitations on his power. There was no mention of him being the creator of the beastmen. He may be a dark god, but his official title is God of the Twilight, which does seem to imply that he's evil, but there's the chance he's not.

I'm more interested in the Emptiness and the Empty monsters. They look freakin' cool, and the screen shots of the Emptiness just look absolutely awesome.

Garland
07-31-2004, 05:08 AM
The Shadowlord didn't create the beastmen, I think. The Shadowlord was causing trouble, as someone with that title is pretty much obligated to do, and while the playable races allied to defeat him, the beastmen allied with him. I wonder about the degrees of loyalty each had to the shadowlord. Goblins have both good and evil amongst their ranks - some even offer you quests. They couldn't have been too strong in their beastmen ways. Yagudo are willing to hold a tenuous peace, and there are a handful of peaceful ones. Orcs Gigas's and Quadav seem pretty much entirely hostile. I've yet to encounter Tonberries, Anticans and Sahagin yet, so I can't comment on them. There's definitely varying degrees of beastmen though.

Lionx
07-31-2004, 08:59 AM
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/adversary/dark/index.html

This page shows existing beastmen.

The Demon section is pretty interesting, this means that all the Kindred Seals you got are actually something to do with the Demons...i have yet to know much about them besides that they are pretty tough to go through without a decent group.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/location/history/index.html

Thats the story of FFXI i read a while ago..dug it up again.

Grover i dont even know if you play the game for real...you just keep saying things with one sentence that i dont see written anywhere.

Now read the section about the Memories it said something to this effect:

"....the goddess Altana awakened and saw the ruin that had once been Vana'Diel. Saddened, She wept five divine tears. When the five tears fell upon the earth, they gave life to the five races of Vana'diel.

But the god Promathia saw this from His place in the shadows. Promathia saw fit to condemn her work, cursing the people with eternal conflict amongst themselves. He created terrible beasts, and spread them across the world, commanding them to fight the people of VanaDiel and occupy their minds. Never again would they think to open the gate of the gods."

Hence i remembered right that Promathia is an evil god, and that he did create the beastmen forces. Because although it did not specifically state Beastmen in this paragraph, the next section immediately talks of beastmen, hence why to me, it is inferred that the beasts noted here, ARE the beastmen.

Why is he bound in chains? I have no idea exactly...=_=;;

You can also read on about how Windurst got magic, and how the SanDorians tried to take over the Quon continent(with such bastardly ways) and how Bastok kicked their asses and screwed them over.

And not to reveal too much, but i hear from higher lvl players that the Shadolord is just a puppet of greater evil so dont count on it after he falls thats it.

So yea the stories here really drive me to finish the game..^^ but i try to take it one step at a time. :)

EDIT: About the Islands i am pretty sure they are Tazvania, anyone that does WHM AF knows that there are far away places for Tazvania and i THINK thats where the opening movie was showed. Thats all i can say about the matter.