PDA

View Full Version : Limit Levelling

Jolts
07-30-2004, 07:31 AM
Where do you usually go to level up your Limit Breaks?

Possible (I don't know if you'd call any of this spoilers, so I'm just being safe) I usually get to the part where I get Vincent, then travel back to Fort Condor and fight in the forrests around there. The fights there have 2 (rarely), 3, or 5 enemies at a time, and by then, one Matra Magic should get rid of them all (with an occasional miss here and there). Then, after I've gotten all of the first parts, I go back to Cloud and Tifa's hometown (can't remember the spelling) and fight until I get those purple demon things with wings, manipulate them, and have them attack whoever needs to use his or her limit break to get the second parts of their limits. Then, after I get Cid, I do it all over again (it's good for gaining money and AP that early in the game).

I'm playing it over again, and that's where I am in the game right now, and Cloud is already at level 33 with Meteorain (two or three more uses to get Finishing Touch).

P.S. For those who don't know, you get the second parts of limits by using the first part 8 times, and you get the next level by defeating enough enemies (it varies between characters).

Zante
07-30-2004, 08:14 AM
I always get my limits by fighting the rabbit-like monsters (jumper?) near the chocobo sage's house.

Dragonfire
07-30-2004, 10:12 AM
i level cloud and barret early....

usually in that cave after the midgar zolom. there's a spot where you keep fighting 4 or 5 monsters every fight, so that makes getting the next level pretty easy for early on. Also, at this point the monsters are powerful enough to effect the limit gauge, so it works out pretty nicely. It's nice having those two have their limits at Level 3-2 so early in the game.

Sefie1999AD
07-30-2004, 10:25 AM
I get my limits by fighting the monsters near Mideel. They always appear in groups of 3 or 4, making them good for learning next-level limit breaks. The green enemies also do quite a bit of damage, and with Fury status and possibly Cover materia, you can easily get a limit break for whoever you want.

Ultima Shadow
07-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Well... I just do it... don't do it on any specific battle. Somehow I just level up the limmits to 4.

Dark Matter
07-30-2004, 11:01 AM
I go to Mideel.
And then, I have one of my characters equipped with HP<->MP, the others with Enemy Lure, Manipulate.
Just manipulate the enemy to damage the character with HP<->MP.
I don't know why, but the limit bar will go to the full in no time.
One more thing, I don't equip with good armour.
It's very dangerous to go to Northern Cave with maxHP < 999.

m4tt
07-30-2004, 03:47 PM
I just gain them as I go along. I don't like to run around in circles all that much in one area unless I really have to.

Raistlin
07-30-2004, 07:50 PM
The forest around Mideel is the second best place to level up in the game. Period. For exp and AP.

The first best would be deep inside the Crater.

BG-57
07-30-2004, 10:55 PM
I go to Mideel.
And then, I have one of my characters equipped with HP<->MP, the others with Enemy Lure, Manipulate.
Just manipulate the enemy to damage the character with HP<->MP.
I don't know why, but the limit bar will go to the full in no time.

I suspect that the filling of limit breaks is based on damage incurred proportional to maximum HP. I've used a similar technique except I use Cover on the character with HP <-> MP and let the monsters attack physically.

-N-
07-30-2004, 11:09 PM
The forest as soon as you exit the Mythril Mines. Enemies routinely appear in groups of 3-5.

UltimaLimit
07-30-2004, 11:15 PM
To build up a limit break, I usually go to Junon with Fury and Cover on the person. Then I find some SOLDIER 2nd classes and cast Haste and Berserk on them. Just let them pound away and heal as needed. But Jolts is right, the area near Fort Condor is great for netting kills.

The place to go for most AP/EXP/Gil with the least effort earlier in the game (late disc 1) is the Sleeping Forest. You can kill the Malldancers and Boundfats with one hit and they net you around 200AP a fight. Obviously the Crater is best, but Sleeping Forest is most reward for least effort, and you don't have to worry about sudden death. Just be on guard for Slow and Darkness.

Raistlin
07-30-2004, 11:39 PM
200 AP a fight in the Sleeping Forest? Are you sure? I'm going to have to check that out.

Dragoon Kain
07-30-2004, 11:41 PM
i just used aeris' limit break fury brand to help the other get theres

Jolts
07-31-2004, 11:20 AM
Man, a lot of you get your limits late in the game. I'm just about to go into Ancient Temple for the first time (after I do some other minor things), and everybody already knows the highest level they can (except Cid, but I'm working on that). Cloud = 3, Barret = 3, Tifa = 3, Aeris = 4, Red XIII = 4, Yuffie = 4, Cait Sith = 2, Vincent = 3, Cid = 1. They are all also at around level 40 (Cloud's at 45 or 46), and I almost maxed out on Hi-Potions without buying a single one :lol:.

Also, those purple demon things I was talking about earlier (if you read that)...I still don't know their names, but their "Dive Kick" (or whatever it's called) deals 1/4 MaxHP damage to the target, so it's very helpful at building the limit bar, no matter how high your MaxHP is. What's even better, if 1/4 of you MaxHP results in a decimal, it rounds down. So, you could possibly use it four times and still have 3HP if necessary (like when building them level 3 limits ;)).

P.S. I can't remember if you can even get Omnislash on disc 1, but who'd waste all that money to gain enough GP to be able to fight enough to get 32,000 BP? That's just ludicrous, I'll just wait until I can race in the Chocobo racing to get nearly free GP ;) (gotta' buy the stall(s) and greens...'course, I'll probably just buy one Sylkis Green and duplicate it :D).

P.P.S. For those who don't know (which probably isn't too many), using a Hyper on any character will put them into Fury status, and if you use it outside of battle, you can put them in Fury even when they're equipped to protect against that.

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 04:00 PM
Am i a freak for having Clouds level 3 limits before the cross dressing section in midgar and eventually having Barret, Tifa, RedXIII and Aeris level 3 on the midgar zolom?(as well as beta, its funny to kill the big fish and jenova birth in like 1-2 hits)

...ok i know i train up 2 much in ffVII

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Am i a freak for having Clouds level 3 limits before the cross dressing section in midgar and eventually having Barret, Tifa, RedXIII and Aeris level 3 on the midgar zolom?(as well as beta, its funny to kill the big fish and jenova birth in like 1-2 hits)

Yea... that's freaky! :eek:

m4tt
07-31-2004, 05:35 PM

How can you have beta BEFORE you fight the zolom?

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 07:44 PM
i dont recall saying that. i said i learned it on the zolom the first time i met him. its so cool because with beta you are like a god 4 a large part of disc 1 and coupled with meteorain from an early point the game was so easy (though hardly ffVIII easy).

Del Murder
07-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Sunken plane.

Trumpet Thief
07-31-2004, 07:53 PM
Early in the game I just fight as much as I can in the Temple of the Ancients, and then get Cloud's Omnislash later. Or if I want his LB's earlier, then I just go anywhere really, just as long as I have got Enemy Lure equipped.

mr. anderson
07-31-2004, 09:33 PM
i train at cactuar island! :D

Jolts
08-01-2004, 02:11 AM
I didn't get Beta early in the game (in fact, I still haven't gone back to get it), but I got Aqualung before fighting the Jenova right after Aeris dies. When you have the buggy, travel in the desert around Gold Saucer until you fight a griffon looking thing (don't remember the name...I'm bad at that :lol: ). I can't remember if you can manipulate it or not, but that doesn't matter, it seems to like using Aqualung when its HP start to get low. I also learn Trine from the Materia Keeper as soon as possible (don't know if it can be learned before that or not).

Now, back to the topic. aeris2001x2, no not too crazy...a little too early for me, but whatever floats your boat (I'd prefer to limit level at the world map, so I'd only have to hold right+R1 to run in circle...or left+L1). mr. anderson, why on Cactaur Island?

aeris2001x2
08-01-2004, 02:17 AM
yep Aqualung is fantastic 2 and i normally use that 2 beat the turks in one move and stuff.

well i,m so ffVII crazy my Cloud is lv 65 at the end of disc 1 and like 50+ hours in :eek:

UltimaLimit
08-01-2004, 02:27 AM
those purple demon things I was talking about earlier

You mean Valrons? You know, the things that cast Demi3 on you? The griffin thing in the desert is a Harpy. By the way, is it possible to fight those things after your buggy goes away, or do you have to rely on Sea Serpents to get Aqualung?

And yes Raistlin, I'm sure. 200AP a fight on average single growth in the area where you get the Water Ring. (The first part after the trees, NOT further down the path where a certain Aeris scene occurs). I don't remember how much EXP and Gil you get. (It's not a huge amount, but it all adds up.) Slow and Darkness start to get really annoying, so I recommend Ribbons.

Jolts
08-01-2004, 02:49 AM
I just got done fighting through that aread, but I don't remember the EXP or Gil amount. However, I do remember that I got 240 AP in one of the fights.

I know you can fight the Harpy outside of the desert, but you could also end up fighting something else. In the desert, then only enemy I ever come across is the Harpy, so that makes it much easier and quicker to find. Yes, Valrons, now I remember, but for some reason, they used Demi3 only on Cloud when I fight them, so I just manipulate them and use Dive Kick on whoever needs their limit break.

FFFFsephychibi
08-10-2004, 12:16 AM
Welp... I usually battle inside that plane that sunk under water... Genkila... or something... And most of the time I fighting in the mideel forest place... yeah...

Hey... you get great ap... when you have cid and cloud equiped with apocolase and sciptimar..... or whatever there called....

UltimaLimit
08-10-2004, 02:13 AM
You can kill the Malldancers and Boundfats with one hit and they net you around 200AP a fight.

Sorry, I was wrong. Earlier on, it takes two or three hits to kill them. They have around 600HP. If Darkness is a problem, use Matra Magic twice.

I don't remember how much EXP and Gil you get.

They net you around 2000 EXP/Gil per fight. Happy leveling.

escobert
08-10-2004, 03:05 AM
Well... I just do it... don't do it on any specific battle. Somehow I just level up the limmits to 4.
Same here.

Jolts
08-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Hey... you get great ap... when you have cid and cloud equiped with apocolase and sciptimar..... or whatever there called....

The Scimitar, assuming that's the name of the triple growth for Cid, isn't really better. Sure, it has triple materia growth, but it only has two slots. 3 * 2 = 6, so it'd be about the same as using six normal growth materia slots. Unless you're merely using it to level up certain materia at three times the rate, but overall, it's not really a good choice. Cid also has a weapon (name escapes me) that has five double growth slots. 5 * 2 = 10 ;). As for the Apacolypse, it's better than eight normal growth slots, but only by one, 3 * 3 = 9.

P.S. I don't think you're all stupid and don't know math, I just like to be specific.

Omnipotent Archmage
08-10-2004, 08:54 AM
It's called the Javelin.

mr. anderson
08-10-2004, 09:00 AM
well i only train at cactuar island to test out the limits, i am making sure on my new file that i have everyones final limit before the the temple of the ancients....well aeris,yuffie,redxiii, and cloud, everyone else will have there sixth limit, great gospel is such a good limit too bad you only have it for a limited time since aeris dies

Jolts
08-10-2004, 09:17 AM
I'm not sure you can get Omnislash until disc2. If memory serves, it'll tell you it's out of stock.

mr. anderson
08-10-2004, 09:19 AM
darn, i spent all this time getting gp and you tell me i cant get it untill disc TWO! Im gonna go crazy!!!!! i mean gp for entering battle square,......i suck at battle square :cry:

Jolts
08-10-2004, 09:23 AM
I said that I'm not sure if you can. You might be able to, ask someone else who knows, or try buying it. If you can't, at least you can get two Champion Belts, they're pretty decent (especially that early in the game).

The other nice thing about the Javelin (thanks to Omnipotent Archmage for the name), is that it has two sets of linked slots :D. I think Vincent has a weapon like this too (again, the name escapes me).

mr. anderson
08-10-2004, 09:33 AM
yeah i should just get two champion belts,but for me it isnt really worth it because since i suck at batlle square it will really lame if i manage to get all that bp and not get omnislash......i really hope i will be able to get it

Jolts
08-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Well, if you do accumulate 32,000 BP, don't waste it. Once you leave the room, it drops back down to 0.

Omnipotent Archmage
08-10-2004, 02:31 PM
You can get Omnislash on Disc 1, after getting the Tiny Bronco, for 51 200 BP.

aeris2001x2
08-11-2004, 06:28 PM
yes the Archmage is correct. before you enter the temple of ancients. enjoying omnislashing Jenova Death for killing Aeris

mr. anderson
08-11-2004, 07:52 PM
i WILL enjoy slaughtering the fiend MWA HA HA HA HA

Jolts
08-12-2004, 03:38 PM
So, it costs nearly double the BP on disc1? I'll just stick with getting it on disc2, when I can race Chocobos for GP.

Del Murder
08-14-2004, 07:31 AM
Yeah, GP is a pain to get before you can race your own chocobo. I always wait until disc 2. Meteorain tides me over until then.

aeris2001x2
08-14-2004, 12:39 PM
but u owe it to Aeris to unleash your anger at Jenova Life!. you must add your own story by symbolising Cloud's anger, using Omnislash!

well i do anyway cause i,m a nerd with no life, but hey...

Jolts
08-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Yes, you are a nerd with no life :p (so am I, don't worry :lol: ). I got a question. Why does everybody keep saying Meterain only does four hits? Comet2 has only done four hits when I use it, but Meterain seems to do almost 12 hits.