PDA

View Full Version : FFIV challange (Freaks only :D)

Ultima Shadow
07-30-2004, 11:36 AM
This is not the hardest way to beat FFIV... but it's alot harder than it normaly is + it's still fun.
As soon as the game begin, unequip everything but the weapons. Now, beat the games without armour, helmet, accesory and sheild. Also you won't change the weapons, the characters will have their start weapons. It can really be hard enough at some times.

Dragonfire
07-30-2004, 12:32 PM
what bout magic? allowed or just weapons?

though it's certainly a challenge either way. It could become kinda boring too.

Ultima Shadow
07-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Well, magic is allowed since it would be boring to not be allowed to use magic. However... the problem is the extra dammage you'll take + the attack command will became more and more useless... but it CAN still be usefull even in the end of the game.

Trumpet Thief
07-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Yes I knew you would make one someday! Alright, I guess I could do two Ultima Challenges.

By the way, for the FFVI game, is it mandatory to get all the optional characters?

zddbmb
07-30-2004, 06:33 PM
i havent played through ff iv in a while, but what about cecil. when he goes through the palidan change, doesnt he have to equip the 'legendary sword'? should the people doing the challenge stay with that weapon for the rest of the game? also, this should make it be even easier on money. you wont have to buy equipment, so that should help some for the many items you will need :)

Dragoon Kain
07-30-2004, 07:34 PM
what about kain? when he leaves he comes back with new weapons and stuff?? how would you do that?

Ultima Shadow
07-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Yes I knew you would make one someday! Alright, I guess I could do two Ultima Challenges.

By the way, for the FFVI game, is it mandatory to get all the optional characters?
No, worry. You can get all the characters you want.

i havent played through ff iv in a while, but what about cecil. when he goes through the palidan change, doesnt he have to equip the 'legendary sword'? should the people doing the challenge stay with that weapon for the rest of the game? also, this should make it be even easier on money. you wont have to buy equipment, so that should help some for the many items you will need :)

what about kain? when he leaves he comes back with new weapons and stuff?? how would you do that?
The auto changing weapons are acepted. What you shouldn't do is CHANGE the weapon. When you just get another weapon equiped, then keep it.

Trumpet Thief
07-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Boy I sure wish I got some Ultima Points to get started... *cough* :rolleyes2

Ultima Shadow
07-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Boy I sure wish I got some Ultima Points to get started... *cough* :rolleyes2
You get 100,000 Ultima points when you complete a normal Ultima challange.
And you get 250, 000!!! for beating both Emerald and Ruby Weapon without materia.

Ok, I give you 10,000 for now. :p

Trumpet Thief
07-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Well, what about me getting some Ultima Points for participating in all your challenges thus far, and going more than halfway through your FFVI challenge?

Ultima Shadow
07-30-2004, 10:24 PM
LOL! Very well, for you being such a "good player" (not many people get to be called that from me) I'll give you 75,000 Ultima points! Oh, and I change the Ruby thing to 350,000 points... since Ruby will be a hell!

Trumpet Thief
07-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Yeah!!!! Thanks!

Dragoon Kain
07-30-2004, 11:29 PM
The auto changing weapons are acepted. What you shouldn't do is CHANGE the weapon. When you just get another weapon equiped, then keep it.

but wouldnt that make kain so much stronger than everyone else? not that thats a bad thing hehe :p

Ultima Shadow
07-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Well, Cecil atleast get the Paladin sword and Kain really need it later on since he only can do attack and jump (phsycical based attacks). Cecil have white mag, Edge trow and ninja, Rydia Black mag + summon and Rosa white mag.

Takara
07-31-2004, 01:57 AM
Or what you can do is right before triggering an event that you know will make one of your character leave the party (especially when you know you'll get that character back later), you unequip them, and when they come back, you give them the stuff you unequipped before.

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2004, 02:42 AM
Or what you can do is right before triggering an event that you know will make one of your character leave the party (especially when you know you'll get that character back later), you unequip them, and when they come back, you give them the stuff you unequipped before.
Yea, that could be done... but I prefere the other stuff, to ballance the characters alittle. And normal attacks will be as good as completely useless later on... and it's funnier if they atleast can be of any use at all. Well, that's optional.

Storm
07-31-2004, 04:36 AM
io90east should learn how to edit the FFIV ROM and make it as difficult as his FFVI Expert Version 2 ROM.

Now that.....is a challenge.

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2004, 03:09 PM
io90east should learn how to edit the FFIV ROM and make it as difficult as his FFVI Expert Version 2 ROM.

Now that.....is a challenge.
Hmmm... do you think that he could edit the later ones as well? FFVII, FFVIII etc.

Rase
08-03-2004, 08:12 AM
Wow, going to have to try this, since I love this game. :D

Quick Question, dies it count for both the SNES and PS1 versions or just the SNES or just the PS1?

Ultima Shadow
08-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Wow, going to have to try this, since I love this game. :D

Quick Question, dies it count for both the SNES and PS1 versions or just the SNES or just the PS1?
That's up to you. However... I prefere PS1 version since it has the orginal difficult level. :D

Dragonfire
08-04-2004, 12:36 AM
can you use underwater materia for that emerald/ruby challenge? otherwise it's just about impossible for emerald.

Ultima Shadow
08-04-2004, 12:45 AM
can you use underwater materia for that emerald/ruby challenge? otherwise it's just about impossible for emerald.
Well, this is about FFIV, not FFVII... however... nope, no materia at all. And it IS possible with level 4 limmits (Omnislach etc) + you can set the battle speed and even at the max speed, the countdown time won't change.
(It's not suposed to be easy) :p

Rase
08-04-2004, 01:53 AM
That's up to you. However... I prefere PS1 version since it has the orginal difficult level. :D

Well, I only have the SNES version so.... :D

Ultima Shadow
08-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Well, I only have the SNES version so.... :D
Either one works. It's still a very good challange.

ps: I just bougth the PS1 version some days ago.