PDA

View Full Version : The Water Temple

Dixie
07-30-2004, 06:04 PM
In The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time(N64)I don't know how to get past the Water Temple! It's so confusing! I need help!

Rainecloud
07-30-2004, 06:24 PM
Which part are you stuck on?

I've have a fairly good recollection of the entire temple, so I'll probably be able to help you out.

Dixie
07-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Which part are you stuck on?I don't know! I'm so confused!:(

Trumpet Thief
07-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Have you met Ruto yet?

Dixie
07-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Have you met Ruto yet?Yeah.

Trumpet Thief
07-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Well, then I got no clue.

Dixie
07-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Well, then I got no clue.Oh dear.:(

Rainecloud
07-30-2004, 06:49 PM
xD

Just use this guide: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/file/zelda_64_spoiler_free_a.txt

(It's spoiler-free).

Dixie
07-30-2004, 07:29 PM
It won't let me.:(

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-30-2004, 08:16 PM
All right, just so you know, when this game first came out it was discussed for about a solid month in class, swapping information on keys. Search for the gamefaqs site, then enter and search through it until you find the proper walkthrough, it is a very complex dungeon.

m4tt
07-30-2004, 08:38 PM
It won't let me.:(

It's cause gamefaqs doesn't allow direct linking. Here, I copy/pasted it:

=================
13.) Water Temple
=================

- Go to the main room of the temple by discarding iron boots.
- Use the iron boots to sink and go to the door on the right.
- Follow Ruto to the top of the water, Zeldas lullaby changes water level.
- Go to the door and defeat all enemies, then get the treasure chest.
- Go Back and then jump into the enormous hole.
- Light the 2 torches (dins fire).
- Enter the next room and kill claw creature.
- Get to and open up the treasure chest.
- Go back to the big pillar room.
- Climb the block, then push and get in the hole.
- Sink down to the bottom using the iron boots.
- Go through and come back up hitting the diamond switch.
- Enter the next door on the other side.
- Hit the switch and then go up through the gate.
- Go to the first big room you were in (main).
- Use the shot to get into another passage and hit the diamond switch inside.
- Go back to the same room as last time.
- Go around and enter the next door (by the pillar).
- Raise the water level all the way up and go through the tunnel.
- Push the red block into set position.
- Go back to the same room as last time and before.
- Go to the waterfall room, and go down to bottom platform.
- Use the hookshot to get to the next door.
- Raise up the water level.
- Get across to the statue.
- Lower the water level.
- Now get over to the platform.
- Get to the other side of the statue.
- Raise water and go up with the statue.
- Get across spikes and enter door.
- Fight Dark Link and enter the opposite side door.
- Get the longshot out of the chest. Play to the block.
- Fall into the river through the hole.
- Get on the platform and shoot the eyeball.
- Longshot to the chest, then fall down into the hole.
- Go back to the room you went back to before.
- Shoot the eyeball switch to open the gate.
- Use the block to help you enter the passway.
- Go back to the same room as before.
- Go down and enter the passage, then get over the spikes.
- Kill all the enemies and them get across the river.
- Bomb the walls and then go to the tunnel with the block.
- Use the block to keep down the underwater switch.
- Enter the next door and go to the right.
- Sink and go through the tunnel.
- Go in and get the chest, then go back to the same room as before.
- Get out of the room with water level changes.
- Now fight Morpha the boss of the water temple.

It's in steps, so just highlight as you go.

I've always had trouble with that Temple, but I had the Versus Books Guide.

Dixie
07-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the guide, Proto Man! :D

Rainecloud
07-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Sorry about that, I don't normally use GameFAQs.

Good luck with the temple.

Shlup
07-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Argh... I hate the water temple.

Storm
07-30-2004, 11:13 PM
Argh... I hate the water temple.

Try playing the Stone Temple in Majora's Mask. That, is absolutely infuriating.

Oh right, so was the Snow Temple and Water Temple in Majora's Mask.

m4tt
07-31-2004, 12:46 AM

Water Temple in MM wasn't too hard, in my opinion. Not nearly as hard as the Water Temple in OoT.

Kirobaito
07-31-2004, 01:01 AM
I hated every dungeon. Except for the Deku Tree. THere was an easy, straight-forward place.

But seriously, I commited suicide my first time through the Water Temple.

crono_logical
07-31-2004, 01:13 AM
The Water Temple was the only place to give me trouble with an emulator in this game :p

Due to the lack of precision of using digital controls i.e. keyboard, I was forced to temporarily use the mouse to get past one section, since the mouse acted as an analogue device so allowed better precision at positioning Link in the exact correct direction required to fire the hookshot, since the distance it needed to traverse was such that such higher precision was required for that one section than offered by the keyboard, otherwise, this game emulates very nicely in Project64 :monster:

None of the temples were as hard as people in this thread is making them out to be though :p

Rainecloud
07-31-2004, 08:02 AM
Water Temple in MM wasn't too hard, in my opinion. Not nearly as hard as the Water Temple in OoT.

I agree. I stormed through the "Water Temple" in Majora's Mask.

None of the temples were as hard as people in this thread is making them out to be though.

Quite right. In order to beat the Water Temple, you have to use your inbuilt Zelda knowledge (IE - shoot the eyeball with the arrow and put the block on the switch type logic) and head for any doors you haven't already opened. If you follow these basic rules, you won't have many (if any) problems.

SeeDRankLou
07-31-2004, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't call the Water Temple hard so much as labor intensive. It's just kind of big, and you have to keep changing the water level. It's not difficult to figure out, just tedious makes you want to pull out your hair. The only difficult thing about this dungeon was Dark Link. My first time playing I went through two fairies before I barely beat him with my third set of hearts. Almost as difficult as he was in the Link's Adventure.

Ouch!
07-31-2004, 06:40 PM
I found Dark Link fairly easy, all you do is use weapons he doesn't have, i.e. the megaton hammer and he won't be able to mimic you.

I agree that the temple wasn't difficult as much as it was long and irritating. It just took forever to do what with changing the water level and all that junk. The good thing about Zelda games, is if you open the wrong door, it doesn't mean you lose. They've always been very careful so that you can take any path you choose and still be able to finish it in the end. Of course, some ways will be harder than others, but if you generally stick with it, you'll find your way through.

Levian
08-02-2004, 01:59 PM
The key I always forget is in the middle tower, where you can get to the upper levels when the water is down.. I always go in there when the water is down, but if you go inside when the water is up, a wooden thing will float up, allowing you to go into a passage you couldn't be before. I guess that's where most people were stuck.. stupid temple :(

zacks_clone
08-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Water Temple OOT=Evil

Majoras Mask=Evil

Stupid Stupid Navi=Evil. Gr.

The Water Temple is quite amusing when your half asleep,or just to out of it to care to much to pay attention. I noticed that the more I tryed to pay attention and remember the temple the first few times through it-i got horribly lost.The third time i was to completly...numb i guess to even notice i was halfway done and really hadnt given it much effort. Now I got the darn thing memorized.I breeze through it.The boss is fun though :D I love it.Hehehe...The Shadow Temple though-thats a diffrent story.

Erased
08-02-2004, 06:28 PM
I think we're all overlooking the coolest(and possible only cool) part in the water temple. DARK LINK! the only other cool part in this dungeon was longshot, whoop di doo(though longshot is pretty fun... :tongue: ) Water temple is by far the most annoying temple in that whole game. Stone Tower sucks, like water temple. though OoT is deffinately worth beating... I loved it(no, I don't have a LoZ sig expressing how much I like Zelda...) XD

gokufusionss1
08-03-2004, 04:41 PM
maybe you guys can help me then, i'm on the second level of the water temple shooting an eyeball to open the gate but it closes way too quickly for me to swim across and get past the gate.

Dixie
08-03-2004, 09:25 PM
maybe you guys can help me then, i'm on the second level of the water temple shooting an eyeball to open the gate but it closes way too quickly for me to swim across and get past the gate.I think I'm at that part.

zacks_clone
08-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Run and jump?X.x...I cant remember that part well.You probably have to do something else first.Or-if you have the hookshot/longshot maybe you can link over to the other side

sephxangel
08-04-2004, 11:37 AM

I hated the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time...The Water Temple in Majora's Mask...tried it...and quit shortly afterwards out of frustration. and i even had a walkthrough...*sigh*

gokufusionss1
08-04-2004, 12:12 PM
i now officaly hate the water temple, stuck again this time it's trying to get a key from a room that you get into from the room with the metal dragon but it's too damn high.

GrimmReaper
08-04-2004, 11:25 PM
hm. I remember my cousin got stuck in a distinct spot in this temple for some reason. He couldn't do anything but reset his game either. =/

I tried looking for this spot. Went through the entire dungeon in a breeze, no problems at all. odd.

Chzn8r
08-05-2004, 01:57 AM
Water Temple is INSANELY confusing the first time you do it.

The keys to getting through the place smoothly are 2 things: Remember where all the water level changers are and how to get to those places, and making sure you have checked every spot on the map to get each and every key.