PDA

View Full Version : How long are individual FF games?

FinalBob42
07-30-2004, 09:53 PM
I'm interested in 1-9 especially. Does anyone have some estimated playtimes for each?

Cz
07-30-2004, 10:20 PM
If you only want to complete the main quest, each game should take about 30 hours. However, if you want the reap the rewards of completing sidequests, it can take over 100. The earlier games are slightly shorter, but they're still many times longer than your average title.

Breine
07-30-2004, 10:38 PM
30 hours is kinda an understatement. 40 hours is more like it, but that's only the newer ones.

Sefie1999AD
07-30-2004, 10:52 PM
Here are the estimated times needed for beating each FF. Note that it takes a while longer if you level-up a lot or do all the side-quests.

FF1: 15-20 hours
FF2: 15-25 hours
FF3j: 25-30 hours
FF4: 20-25 hours
FF5: 25-30 hours
FF6: 30-40 hours
FF7: 40-50 hours
FF8: 30-40 hours
FF9: 30-40 hours
FFX: 40-50 hours
FFX-2: 30-40 hours
FFT: 40-60 hours

I don't know about the completion times for FFMQ, FFTA or FFCC, and I'm not sure if you can beat FFXI.

-N-
07-30-2004, 11:26 PM
I'd say S1999AD's estimates are slightly over - I could knock off at least 5 hours on his lower limits. Perhaps that's my playing style, though. I'll give my estimates on the games as well for you.
[td]FF[td]~10 hrs
[td]FFIIj[td]~12 hrs[td](hardtype much longer to level up)
[td]FFIIIj[td]~12 hrs
[td]FFIV[td]~17 hrs
[td]FFV[td]~35 hrs[td](i always get carried away with jobs)
[td]FFVI[td]~26 hrs[td](first play ~45, dropped later)
[td]FFVII[td]~35 hrs[td](first play ~50, first play doing everything ~68)
[td]FFVIII[td]~40 hrs[td](including leveling up to 100)
[td]FFIX[td]~30 hrs[td](like ripping off a band-aid :p)
[td]FFX[td]~35 hrs[td](~100ish if mastering everything)
[td]FFT[td]~35 hrs[td](~50+ if superizing)
[td]CT[td]~15 hrs[td](i always seem to fly through this, NG+ or not)
[td]CC[td]~30 hrs[td](without time shifter)
[td]XG[td]~60 hrs[td](~80 if doing extras)
[td]XS1[td]~35 hrs

I threw in the last few (CT/CC - Chrono Trigger/Cross, XG - Xenogears, XS1 - Xenosaga Ep. 1), because although they're not Final Fantasies, they're often favorites of those who also play Final Fantasy. You seem to be new to the series, so I thought I'd throw those in. ;) I wish I could answer about KH, I know S1999AD can, but I haven't played it, and apparently I should, from what I hear from other people.

Well, I closed my table tags and everything, so there ya go. I can answer more in-depth about VII and X, as those are the only ones I have played recently (as in the past two years :p).

Sefie1999AD
07-30-2004, 11:46 PM
I'd say S1999AD's estimates are slightly over - I could knock off at least 5 hours on his lower limits. Perhaps that's my playing style, though. I'll give my estimates on the games as well for you.

My estimates were so that you'll still play the game normally and won't rush through it. Besides, your first times through the game were not just slightly, but way over my own estimates. :p

I threw in the last few (CT/CC - Chrono Trigger/Cross, XG - Xenogears, XS1 - Xenosaga Ep. 1), because although they're not Final Fantasies, they're often favorites of those who also play Final Fantasy. You seem to be new to the series, so I thought I'd throw those in. ;) I wish I could answer about KH, I know S1999AD can, but I haven't played it, and apparently I should, from what I hear from other people.

I think pofdarknez's estimates about Xeno games are now a bit over, especially when I've heard Xenosaga is very short, lasting maybe 20 hours. Anyway, I'm not too good with estimating Kingdom Hearts' duration since I played it for like 70 hours on my first time through, doing lots of side-quests and leveling up. Even 70 hours made me feel like the game ended too quickly, though. I'd estimate it takes about 40-50 hours to beat KH with normal gameplay.

-N-
07-31-2004, 12:03 AM
Perhaps - I guess I took a while on XS1 trying to make it last longer... :p But I'm pretty sure it takes at least 50-60 hours to get through Xenogears. And I guess why I initially thought my stuff was under was because I've played them so much (e.g. FFVII) that that's what happens - I forget about the initial playthrough. :p Although my first time through IX and X, I did beat them in ~33 hrs... I still don't know why FFV takes so much longer compared to the other SNES FFs... just job classes can't be the only explanation. Oh well. Best way's to find out!

FinalBob42
07-31-2004, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the info!

UltimateSpamGrover
07-31-2004, 12:59 PM
FFXI is going to take well over several months to beat