PDA

View Full Version : The Manchurian Canidate

Thunday Man
07-31-2004, 06:36 AM
I wont spoil anything, but other people might. Beware

I just saw it half hour ago. Pretty good I thought. The story line is pretty deep. It all comes together in the end really well. I never saw the original, so i cant compare it, but Denzel did a fine job of acting I think. The movie lacked alot of action, but the plot and suspense made up for it easy.

Id give it 4 out of 5 and I'd reccomend it.

/end movie critic

Strider
08-01-2004, 11:52 PM
I give this the Strider Seal of Approval. Everyone should drop everything and go see this movie right away.

Denzel is, without a doubt, the strongest presence in the whole movie, and his performance is the best of any I've seen this summer.

The Captain
08-02-2004, 02:21 AM
I'll stick with the original which may well be the greatest political thriller ever made. Each and every time I watch it, I'm left wondering if perhaps there is a second conspiracy involving Sinatra and his lover. That's the mark of a great film, in that every time you watch it, something new pops up.

Don't get my wrong, Denzel is probably one of our greatest actors, but this film did not need to be remade.

Take care all.

Casey
08-04-2004, 12:47 AM
I want to see this movie, almost any movie with Denzel Washington is a good movie. I heard the original was with Frank Sinatra, and ebert and roeper gave it two thumbs up.