PDA

View Full Version : Classic NES-Final Fantasy?

Seryn Kai
07-31-2004, 09:57 AM
As I'm sure many are aware, Nintendo have recently rereleased a range of classic NES games (Mario, Zelda, etc.) on the GBA to celebrate their 20th anniversary of the NES's release. My question, or proposal is a simple one. Why is there, or why can't there be a Classic NES rerelease of the NES FF's in either the current line, or any future runs of NES rereleases? There has already been a second line of Classic NES titles in Japan.

Sure, SquareEnix have remade I and II in a collection cardridge for GBA already which will reach the west soon, which is all well and good. However, I was only 1 year old when the first game came out, and was obviously unable to play it. Personally I would like to be able to play the untampered with originals translated straight from the Japanese editions, so that I can see these classic games how they were to start with, and I'm sure others like me would too. I'm not saying no to the remakes. I'd just like to see the originals in addition.

Cz
07-31-2004, 10:54 AM
I'd love to see it, but it's never going to happen. :(

Dragonfire
07-31-2004, 11:31 AM
because of the GBA release of 1 and 2, I doubt it. If they were gonna release a NES version of it for the "classic games" thing, they would only release FF1.

Seryn Kai
07-31-2004, 04:51 PM
My hopes of the original uncut NES FF's being released on GBA arn't high, but I've always believed in voicing opinions just in case somebody decides to change their plans on what others have said. I know that Square has spies on the internet, so there's a one in a million chance they'd look here, and THEN decide to release Classic NES FF's. Of course, I'm not that blindly optimistic enough to believe that this will work, more that I'm suggesting the idea on principle.

Martyr
07-31-2004, 05:10 PM
It would be so awesome if I could play the originals on a better and more modern system. I mean, it would probably make the original NES stuff worth money for antique value, and I would be able to play FF1 without beating on a nes, scrubbing the insert area with a dust brush and then giving the cartridge a blow job. I'm so finished with sucking up to these machines!

Besides, there isn't really any sense in modernizing an old game. Especially not graphics wise. If you're going to make a new game, then I say you make a new game. No sense in changing an old one that everybody liked just fine in the past.
Er, especially in this situation. I still don't know why FF1 was changed. Were there complaints? I can hardly use my old FF1 anymore. But another game under the title of FF1 doesn't help me much. It obviously isn't the same.

It would be cool if there were add-ons. Like the expert mode, sure. But I don't approve of changing the graphics. And I certainly don't think that the old style should be erased entirely.

I say that there MUST be an old school trilogy! Or at least a revival of the nes FF1. I want the entire Origins thing erased and redone. But since it's been done, logically, my dreams probably won't come true.

DJZen
07-31-2004, 10:38 PM
You'd be suprised what Nintendo will do for a quick buck. Anyway, if Nintendo did another Classic NES series, the games would be merely a small sampling of the Japanese mini-famicom games, meaning it's basically up to the Japanese market. I'm jealous though, they got a LOT more games than we did, including some much better ones.

Trumpet Thief
07-31-2004, 10:50 PM
I think they should; It woulod be a fun experience for all the gamers. But that wouldn't necessarily mean that that is going to happen. :(

Flashback007
08-01-2004, 02:28 PM
They definantly should do. I never played the very original FF 1 and 2, but I have Origins. But I miss it, I saw the original on some screenshots on websites. It just looks a lot cooler then the Origins version.

auron_790
08-01-2004, 07:12 PM
From what I heard FF1,2 and 3 will be released on the Gameboy Advance but Square-Enix were also planning to bring FF4,5 and 6 on the Nintendo DS or PSP

Demerwen Owns
08-08-2004, 07:27 PM
I'd love to see nintendo release the NES trilogy on gameboy as many such marketing ploys have been succesful in the past and would most likely prove to be profitable not only to the nostalgic gamer but to the company as most FF7+ fanboys would want to at least try them out.