PDA

View Full Version : Opera Song

Lost Heretic
08-01-2004, 02:29 AM
I was just playing the opera portion of FF6, and I strangely recognized the combination of the Symphony's music and the crude midi-speaking.

It sounded quite a bit like Aeris' Theme in FF7...yet another reason for me to call it FF6-2!

ChocoboRider
08-01-2004, 02:32 AM
which part of the opera are you talking about? the intro, with the warrior, or Celes's part?

Big D
08-01-2004, 09:13 AM
There are often some melodic similarities in Nobuo Uematsu's different scores. The intro to Celes' aria is slightly similar to Aeris' theme, but that's all, really. Both are rather beautiful, although the aria sounds better in the live instrumental version played in the FMV after the ending of the PS version of FFVI.

Edgar
08-04-2004, 11:12 AM
It sounded quite a bit like Aeris' Theme in FF7...yet another reason for me to call it FF6-2!

Most FFVI's who hate FFVII try to put down FFVII by saying that :p

Depressio
08-06-2004, 01:48 AM
i noticed that aria de mezzo caraterre (the song celes/maria sings) sounds a lot like aerith's theme also... but they're done by the same composer, so that explains it... and i find that when it's orchestrated (in the "grand finale" CD) it's absolutely beautiful... (i'm a big fan of classical music)