PDA

View Full Version : the playstation 2 i need help...

silverjunky
08-01-2004, 06:09 PM
okay im gonna get a ps2 so i can play ff7 onwards but there are a few things i need to know seeing as i know nothing about it:

1. firstly does the s2 come with a graphics card installed, cause the one on my computer is not all that fantastic...

2. whats this memory card stuff, are they to save a game on how many should i get what sizes???

3. im assuming i can just plug it into the computer screen to play?

see i really know nothing about it and i need help, if theres anything else you think i need let me know, cheers silverjunky.

Cz
08-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Your PS2 will come with absolutely everything that you need to play. Just hook it up to the TV and you're ready to go.

As for Memory cards, a single 8MB card should be enough for your PS2 games, but for the PSOne titles (VII-IX plus compilations) you'll need a 1MB PSOne memory card.

So to recap, a PS2 straight out of the box, a PS2 memory card and a PSOne memory card will be all you need. :)

Rand Al'Tor
08-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Just stressing you plug it in the TV-SCREEN, not the computer screen.

DJZen
08-04-2004, 02:35 AM
Also notice, FFVII-IX are PS1 games, not PS2 games, which is why you'll need a PS1 memory card. No, you CAN'T plug it into a computer monitor. Computer monitors use completely different signals than TVs. That said, you CAN buy an adapter for a computer monitor, but I don't know why you'd want to.

Now I must ask, you do know that PS2 is for playing video games on, right?

nik0tine
08-05-2004, 03:44 PM
lol.