PDA

View Full Version : Fun

Vaprice
08-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Any ideas on anything I can do to have fun? I'm level 8 and it is becoming extremely annoying getting killed. I hate it when I get to level 8 thats when I'm dying like crazy...ARGH!

So anyone have any ideas? Anyone? :greenie:

UltimateSpamGrover
08-01-2004, 10:58 PM
travel somewhere, what country did you start in?

EDIT: I traveled the whole world (except Kazham) with 4 people at level 8, it took all day and it was a blast

Vaprice
08-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Sandoria for my mage. And Windy for my Monk. Maybe I should take a little break of the game and when I get back I'll be dying to play. No that's stupid.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Take the Selbina/Mhaura ferry, or travel to Bastok, or Jeuno, take some friends around your level, do quests/missions, play Tetra Master, hope that helps

Vaprice
08-01-2004, 11:07 PM
I heard tetra master wasn't all thaty good. Do you have it? I would like to know if it's worth some extra cash.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Tetra Master is good if you want a break form FFXI, have you tried partying in LaTheine Plateau/Tahrongi Canyon yet?

Vaprice
08-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah I've already partied with one of characters who I have deleted in Vlakrum Dunes. Scary place without a map. But yeah, with the characters I have now I dont think we would be making much exp. Seeing as one of them is 9 and the other is 8. I've started so many characters and deleted so many xD.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-01-2004, 11:15 PM
stop deleting characters, its easier when you're a RDM XD

Vaprice
08-01-2004, 11:16 PM
HAHAHA yeah I know. I was a red mage. He got up to 12 and then deletion. But I'm gonna try tetra master. And I've already said that I will last through with each remaining character.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-01-2004, 11:23 PM
dont get attached too much to TM, its only $1 a month, and FFXI is $12.95 a month

Vaprice
08-02-2004, 02:29 AM
Yeah. Maybe I should start hunting around the entrance to LaTheine Plateau. But I must say that traveling buisness you speak of sounds very fun.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-02-2004, 02:31 AM
yeah, Vana'diel is huge, I'm talking about HUGE!!!!!!!

Big D
08-02-2004, 09:15 AM
If you guys wanna chat, EoFF's got its very own chatroom (http://www.eyesonff.com/chat), or you can use the PM system. Please don't hold conversations in threads.;)

Mikztsu
08-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Start one more character and make it final - tarutaru. Tarutaru is answer to all your problems.

I never regretted that I made my lv 42 character a "jeuno mule" and started over with taru. It's been huge since then. The whole game is very different when you're a taru.

Ouch!
08-02-2004, 06:25 PM
I agree, tarutarus are awesome, but he already has one, his black mage, I believe, right Deeds?

Anyways, the early levels 1-5 are always fun your first go around, as it's got the whole new game freshness to it. You've started and deleted, I think you said, nine characters. It's overkill. You've gone through the first ten levels more times than I have in a period of nine months, and you've had the game for just under a month.

Just stick with it. When you get good parties it's always fun. With Valkurm, you're always going to be wading through a sea full of idiot newbies, but if you get with some experienced people (look for people with advanced jobs, even some people with subjobs can still be idiots, but most aren't) and partying should be much better.

Start a craft, go fishing, mine, harvest, farm, whatever. You'll have to get stronger to do all that stuff. Find something you like and work towards it. Just remember, if you want to have access to everything out there, you're going to have to level up so you have safe access to the more dangerous areas.

Vaprice
08-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah my black mage is a tarutaru. But right now I'm at the level where evrtyhing is difficult. The period when I am hoping a white mage is around me. Where I am looking for everything that can agrro me. I maybe becoming paranoid about orcs and such trying to kill me. I'm just wanting to go out and mine, maybe farm. I'm already getting into planting in my moghouse but ya know.

Thanks guys that really helps.