PDA

View Full Version : Omg Its Omega Weopon

chu52
08-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Did anyone have trouble with that thing?
I pesonally didn't, of course it was after I beat overdrive sin in fact I think it was a breeze after crawling around the omega ruins for so long. I was hopeing for a challange with a name like Omega weopon, but it wasn't so anyway what did you guys think?

aeris2001x2
08-02-2004, 05:27 AM
well i have the PAL international version in which he has an extra 900,000 hp :eek:

while he is not hard in the grand scheme of things, my team got crushed time and time again because i had prepared for a 99,999 hp boss. my team was no where near finished the sphere grid, never mind stat maxing.

so while i got close many times, the constant bombardment of ultima and nova finally got me. in the end i HAD 2 use Zanmato.

in the pal version at least he is the hardest thing in Omega ruins(yes harder then great malboro) and outside Penance, Dark Aeons and Monster Arena, the hardest boss in the game.

i,d also Say the Pal version Omega is harder then ffVIII omega (though still weaker then ffV omega).

kikimm
08-02-2004, 07:23 AM
The first time I went to try and beat him, I got killed, but the second time he was weaker than I had expected. But then again, after running around the ruins for probably 20 or so hours (I was weak when I first went in, and trained around the save spot), I wasn't expecting a tough battle. He was a little more than disappointing though. He wasn't much harder than Ultima. But I AM talking about the regular version. International...that's another story.

:D

UltimateSpamGrover
08-02-2004, 08:35 AM
I went up to him with all aeons with full overdrive bars, killed him easily, but I have the N/A version

Jolts
08-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Did anyone have trouble with that thing?
I pesonally didn't, of course it was after I beat overdrive sin in fact I think it was a breeze after crawling around the omega ruins for so long. I was hopeing for a challange with a name like Omega weopon, but it wasn't so anyway what did you guys think?
His name only implies that he's at the end of the Omega Ruins. Omega = end.
I made the mistake of thinking "omega" meant something powerful, but I was informed otherwise. That would also explain why Ω, ω (capital Omega, lower case Omega) is the last letter in the Greek alphabet.

chu52
08-02-2004, 04:07 PM
I have the american domestic realese and the only max things I had where: Aurons can due 9999 damage, Yuna/lulu have holy, Lulu has flare/ ultima. Here was how I went into battle: (the characters I used)
Tidus: about 6500 hp 114 mp with strength+5% zombietouch and peircing
Auron: about 7500 hp 146 mp Peircing, counterattack
Lulu: 2180 hp 91 mp sensor magic+10% amgic +5%
Yuna: 3180 hp 214 mp half mp cost magic +10%

I used no summons and cast hastega on my party, when lulu lost all her mp (or had about 37 i think) I switched with Yuna (she had half mp cost) I used her holyto eat the hell out of it. Only two of my characters got knocked out and it lasted only a couple of minutes.

aeris2001x2
08-02-2004, 10:13 PM
I had a somewhat tougher team then that and got whooped, god damn international version :mad2:

ohh Dark Aeons and Penance? oh brillant international version :D

chu52
08-02-2004, 10:37 PM
But international has Eternal Calm, (a video that I own anyway) so that is cool, and I would have prefered a tougher version of omega.

aeris2001x2
08-02-2004, 10:40 PM
still, even the international version was nothing to what essentially was a gold Omega-Nemesis :D

Ultima Shadow
08-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Well, I beated Omega on my first try... however, when Omega casted Ultima only Auron had enough HP to survive (with shell) so I had to revive the other 2 every time Ultima was casted. But Omegas cooldown after casting Ultima is so slow that you can still hit him many times before he does his next move.

aeris2001x2
08-02-2004, 10:57 PM
true, whichi is why i survived for long periods. but in the end i would run out of Aeons and resources. i,d do about 900,000 hp damage, but then he would start casting Ultima and Nova after eachother :eek:

in my opinion the PAL version was a worthy boss.

chu52
08-02-2004, 11:00 PM
He can use Ultima? I never saw him use that one^^

aeris2001x2
08-02-2004, 11:05 PM
lol, u killed him 2 fast :D

oh yes, ultima did about 8000+ to every one, while Nova did abit more. What a b*****d. it was those moves that made the Pal version dificult, but even the wimpy Ntsc one has it. he is just dead before he can use it :greenie:

chu52
08-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Ahhh, my ultima was dealing 9999 but I only used holy for mega magic, still that did 9999 but it was a let down in the North american realese, I need to get anima

Ultima Shadow
08-02-2004, 11:10 PM
in my opinion the PAL version was a worthy boss.
Worthy, yes... but still a little to weak.
Squareenix must stop joking around with the weapons! *cough* FFX2 *cough* :rolleyes2

chu52
08-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Vegnagun vs. Omega winner neither, cloud came and he is god of destroying weopons

aeris2001x2
08-03-2004, 04:42 PM
well Omega PAL version was weak yes, in comparison 2 almost every super boss in existence. however it was still harder then that ant Omega from ffVIII. u know, the one u can beat blind folded at lv 7 :D .

i just wish i knew he had an extra 900,000 hp. then i would have prepared a bit instead of rushing in there. seriously my team at the time was not exactly great.

chu52
08-03-2004, 04:45 PM
My lulu had only 91 mp when she got there, her ultima cost 90 mp. But my yuna had plenty had of mp and holy so...

Jolts
08-03-2004, 04:55 PM
What really kinda' sucks is that, if you fail you get Nova from Omega, you must then learn it from Nemesis.

chu52
08-03-2004, 05:09 PM
You use Kimari enough to care about that?
I only sed him until I got Auron, (and in that Biran and Yenke fight) but that is it. And
why'll I'm on the subject I hate Wakka!!! God he is so dumb, arrogant, annoying, and who fights with a ball.
To kinda quote Lotr
You have my sword
And you have my lance
And you have my spells
I got a ball ya.

Ultima Shadow
08-03-2004, 11:28 PM
When you face Ultima Weapon (the one before Omega). 1) Mug him to get alots of Door to tomorrow= trio of 9999.
2)Don't kill Ultima! Yes... you heard me! DO NOT KILL ULTIMA... BRIBE him! If you Bribe 1,400,000gil... then you'll get 99 Pendulums. Yea, that's rigth... you can bribe him, and he will go away without battle and give you 99 Pendulums!

What the **** is Ultima Weapon going to do with 1,400,000gil anyway? :eek:

square_is_the_best
08-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Been there done that. I got some awesome overdrive to AP weapons.

I also beat Omega weapon first time. But my charecters were A LOT tougher than yours chew. Auron could do around 20000 a turn. Double cast Flare, holy here, holy there. It was over before I knew it.

Trumpet Thief
08-04-2004, 02:57 AM
I don't have the International version, so he was truly a dissapointment. I was hoping for something tough. Well, sadly, when I borrowed the other version (With the Dark Aeons and Stuff) Penance shut me up for good.

But if you mean the normal version, then he was beyond easy. Took me about a few turns to kill him. His HP was low, his attacks were pathetic. Oh yeah, and Ultima Weapon was REALLY easy.

Jolts
08-04-2004, 08:11 AM
You use Kimari enough to care about that?
I only sed him until I got Auron, (and in that Biran and Yenke fight) but that is it. And
why'll I'm on the subject I hate Wakka!!! God he is so dumb, arrogant, annoying, and who fights with a ball.
To kinda quote Lotr
You have my sword
And you have my lance
And you have my spells
I got a ball ya.
The only character I've ever refused to use is that damn traiter, Cait Sith. However, I'm starting to come around to forgiving him...

Snappie88
08-04-2004, 12:15 PM
To kinda quote Lotr
You have my sword
And you have my lance
And you have my spells
I got a ball ya.
It's Sword, Bow, Axe ;)

Bt you're funny too :P

aeris2001x2
08-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Ultima weapon is a sissy in either version.DEFINITLY weakiest Ultima ever (then again there have only been 2 super boss ultima weapons (ffVIII,ffX-2).

when i met PAL omega, only Auron had finished his Grid and ppl like Lulu were no where near Ultima. however i had not started the Don tonberry lv up method, so i could have got hard enough 2 crush Omega in an hour, IF i,d known he was diff to the NTSC version.

still, the fact that even Dark Valefor is harder then PAL omega really puts him in perspective.