PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Northern Cave

FinalBob42
08-03-2004, 12:41 AM
My characters are around Level 55. Many of the enemies are easy, but some of them kill you in one hit (especially the Master Tonberry). What can I do to protect myself against theses guys? Also, it is always mentioned that you can level-up in the Final cave by killing Magic Pots. It's also said that you need an elexir to kill them. Why exactly is that so?

mr. anderson
08-03-2004, 02:34 AM
all you really need is ultima weapon for cloud and a double cut materia,and for the tonberrys just run away or prepare a bunch of pheonix downs because at your level there pretty hard and take a while

FinalBob42
08-03-2004, 03:18 AM
Newb Question: How do you run away from battles? I can't avoid Master Tonberry going down a tunnel.

Raistlin
08-03-2004, 03:21 AM
55 is kinda low...I reccomend leveling up in the forest outside of Mideel for a little while. That should make some of those monsters easier.

BG-57
08-03-2004, 03:22 AM
Press and hold R1 and L1 together to run away.

Edit: Also equipping the Safety Bit accessory or casting the E-Skill Death Force protects you from instant death spells.

Dark Matter
08-03-2004, 04:48 AM
Newb Question: How do you run away from battles? I can't avoid Master Tonberry going down a tunnel.
If you don't mind wasting MP, you can try using Exit materia.
...I always escape from battles.... :shame:

McCheeze
08-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Instead of heading to Northern Cave why not do the loads of little extras the game has to offer. Killed the weapon yet? Found out about Clouds history? it takes a while but before you know it you level has increased loads,

Del Murder
08-07-2004, 04:56 PM
If you attack a Magic Pot before using an Elixir on it it will go all nuts and not give you the big EXP and AP bonuses.