PDA

View Full Version : why is sephiroth still...? [spoilers]

Eminem
08-03-2004, 03:07 AM
if sephiroth died in ff7 how is he alive in ff7 advent children?

BG-57
08-03-2004, 03:27 AM
Bear in mind that he may only be appearing in flashbacks.

If he appears after the events of the game then he could be:

1) Jenova in disguise.

2) A clone.

3) A figment of Cloud's imagination.

4) Resurrected.

TheAbominatrix
08-03-2004, 03:31 AM
You may wanna mark your spoilers.

Anyway, it isnt shown what capacity he appears in. He could be just in flashbacks, or somehow have survived what happened at the Northen Crater (lame, but possible).

And those three silver haired guys are not Sephiroth, just as a heads up.

Big D
08-03-2004, 04:57 AM
*Changes thread title to avoid spoiling stuff*

Some early announcements about Advent Children said that the "Sephiroth lookalike" was connected to him, but not actually him personally.

Also, some of the publicity pictures strongly indicate that he'll appear in flashbacks, as Ashley and BG-57 have said. There's one photo which seems to show the famous "walking into the fires" scene...

lankster
08-04-2004, 05:52 PM
this is one of those times where waiting to watch the film is the best bet.

chu52
08-04-2004, 06:05 PM
That pansy is a clone of Seph. And it is possible for Seph to live, think freeza from dbz.

Wilder
08-04-2004, 07:00 PM
What I´m Waiting for is the mistery of the chair person covered, I´m star thinkin about a mutant Genova , or... oh god, Do They Bring Aeris To life !!?

Ultima Shadow
08-04-2004, 11:51 PM
What I´m Waiting for is the mistery of the chair person covered, I´m star thinkin about a mutant Genova , or... oh god, Do They Bring Aeris To life !!?
I actually think the "chair person" is Sephiroth.

mr. anderson
08-05-2004, 12:01 AM
me too and also when i watched the trailer over i saw the wheelchair person was missing its right arm. safer sephiroths right arm is all wacko and his left arm is normal

Wilder
08-05-2004, 12:12 AM
I Think It´s too obvious think that the wheelchair "thing" is sephiroth, That strange gray-hair guy kneel down is the clearest clue, but, thats all ?, that´s all the mistery with this character ?, I would laugh and feel dissapointed if in the movie he jump from the chair and says " I´m Sephiroth !", I´m just hoping the Storyline give him the credit he deserves, but please " put something unexpected on that wheelchair !. Sephiroth was killed so many times in the game that i would be surprise if he appears alive , his soul and his body were killed , what dou you want !, well, I´ve been thinkin about a horrible deformed shephiroth sitting in that chair, that would be awesome.

kikimm
08-06-2004, 03:56 AM
As much as I hate it, and as much as I think it's a lame idea, it probably is sephiroth in the wheelchair. I don't think they would make this movie without him. Yes, we know that the baddies are the three shm, but they're obviously working for someone bigger, and who else could he be. Although I don't think SE would go to the trouble of keeping the identity a huge secret if it was only Sephiroth...*shrug*. I'm happy just waiting and seeing it when it comes out. If it is him, I'll be pissed, buy I'm sure that SE will bring him back in a way that isn't ultra cheesy.

:D

Ouch!
08-06-2004, 05:26 AM
I hope SE isn't stupid enough to make the guy in the wheel chair Sephiroth. There would be no possible way that his body could be recovered in anyway after what we saw happen to him at the end of the game.

The three guys, who one would think are clones, Yazuu, Loz and Kadaj, will hopefully be the only baddies. I believe in the translations of one of the trailers that I have it said that "they" (most likely the Yazuu, Loz and Kadaj) have recovered JENOVA's head. I don't quite know how this is possible, as I thought JENOVA Synthesis was JENOVA's head.

If that is indeed correct, then if they could recover her head after that, it is quite plausible that they could recover Sephiroth as well.

I think lankster is right. We won't find the answer to this until FFVII:AC is out, so all we can really do is wait.

Ryth
08-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Well I think it is flashbacks and ther is a guy who looks like Sephiroth but he isn't he is the leader of the Silver Hair Gang (retarded name) and I guess he is the main emeny of Advent Childern that's my opinion.

Cloudane
08-13-2004, 09:58 PM
It's pretty widely accepted now that the 'silver hair guys' are Sephiroth clones, I think it was as good as stated by Square at some point.

There was a good post on adventchildren.net (pinned, I believe) breaking down the theories supporting various characters being in the wheelchair and Rufus was the strongest of the theories. It mentions such things as:

Freeze frames from the FMV of his office being blasted by Weapon show his figure with his arm either missing or pointing directly at the blast, tying in with the seemingly missing arm. His reflection on the desk shows him falling, most likely just injured from the force of the blast and not vaporised or anything like that.

It's never actually proven or stated in-game that Rufus is dead, it's simply presumed / hinted-at. However he'd probably be badly burned and still recovering.

His shoes are apparently very similar (though I thought they looked so simple anyway it's impossible to tell)

Square have shown a scan of the clones sitting on vehicles on top of the Shinra logo and said that the logo is no coincidence.

The Shinra tower where Rufus was is still standing in the scans, so it wasn't completely destroyed.

Something about his coat being white and his collar showing in a certain way (or that might've been support for the Hojo theory which is the next strongest and they both wear white)

Rufus, as like a secondary villain in the game (just after Sephiroth and Jenova) and with his greed, manipulation skills and general 'rufusness' would be a logical target for Jenova to take over now that her first 'puppet' (Sephiroth) is dead and Cloud is probably no longer succeptible. It wouldn't take much for the pair to promise things to the clones such as immortality or bringing their 'big brother' (Sephiroth) back to life, causing them to kinda 'worship' him, in exchange for their co-operation in reuniting Jenova.

etc...

ISRviper
08-23-2004, 06:24 PM
what I want to know is will this movie mean a sequal to FFVII or what? because why did they suddenly decide to make a movie for FFVII and not for VIII (or maybe they will make one in the future for VIII)

Ouch!
08-23-2004, 07:34 PM
As far as we know the movie is the movie. They're doing two prequels from what I understand: the cell phone game featuring the Turks "FFVII: Before Crisis" and I heard something about another one featuring Vincent.

As for FFVIII, there wasn't really anywhere left to go with the plot. It also didn't do anywhere near as well as FFVII. They chose FFVII because it was the most popular, and they could make the most money off of it.

louby_4eva
08-23-2004, 09:43 PM
There was a good post on adventchildren.net (pinned, I believe) breaking down the theories supporting various characters being in the wheelchair and Rufus was the strongest of the theories. It mentions such things as:

I've completed the game, but it was ages ago, and I know that this mite sound stupid but..........who's Rufus?? and wot happened to sephiroth?? I really cant remember.

TheAbominatrix
08-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Rufus was the President of Shin Ra (after his father was killed)
Sephiroth was defeated by the party and killed by Cloud.

ISRviper
08-24-2004, 07:51 PM
but rufus died after he fired sister ray at weapon and weapon fired missile back right before he got hit by sister ray

Starcrest
09-16-2004, 02:56 AM
yeah man he got blown away man it was messed up. But I highly doubt he'd still be alive after the tower got hit by all those shots man....did you even see how many there were? several, and one or two of them a direct shot

Mo-Nercy
09-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Rufus may still be alive. The damage sustained in the building didn't look that bad. It's not like it imploded and bodies were flying outta the windows. It also looked like Rufus voluntarily hit the ground when the energy shots came.

It also looks like Shinra's still around in AC. Why? The Turks are still around and the world doesn't seem to be in a dark age without electricity, thus someone is still pumping Mako through those reactors. I don't think Shinra would have survived very long without Rufus since everyone else was either spineless (Reeve) or dead (Hojo) or stupid (all the others)

But Rufus being the wheelchair guy? I don't think so.

Personally, I don't mind who the wheelchair guy is. As long as it's not:
a) Sephiroth
b) Aeris

Wuggly Blight
09-16-2004, 04:49 PM
I doubt its aeries, Im just positive. It may be sephy, as in the clip it says "I dont want to be just a memory" ohterwise theres no other real support, I think its rufus myself. It could be Reeve, but why would he turn bad? As for Hojo, he is dead cloud finished him himself, If vincent tagged along he will say rest in peace.

They never say rufus is dead, they presume it and say hes missing, but thats about it, well thats the excuse square would make as when they made it they had no idea they would be making a movie, so I guess they have to use what they got.

§håd0w
09-16-2004, 09:30 PM
IMHO, I wouldn't mind as much if Sephiroth was in the wheel chair. Aeris in it would piss me off seeing how she is D E A D !!!!111!!!shift1!!!1 . And if either of them were brought back to life, then I would shun Square for the longest time. But then again, FFVII never directly states Sephiroth was killed, but just mainly it shows him being absored into the Lifestream. So if he comes back from something like Mako Poisoning, it'd be fine. Seeing how as when Cloud recovered from Mako Poisoning, the doctor said he recovered quickly. So if that were the case, I wouldn't mind, though it'd still be lame. If Aeris ever came back, that is where I'd draw the line. Heh, who knows.

Mo-Nercy
09-18-2004, 02:22 PM
I do recall someone posting a screen of the wheelchair guy and directing us to take notice of certain parts of the picture that showed a hint of a pink dress, the Aeris-esqe boots, the girly hands etc.

If someone has that picture. Post it. I'd like a second look at it so I can prove it wrong. :D

§håd0w
09-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Check in the AC thread that was originally marked Sticky. It's bound to be there.

BUt wouldn't you think that her boots and skin would have rotted away after being in a pond for two years? That's reason enough for it not to be her.

Mo-Nercy
09-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Check in the AC thread that was originally marked Sticky. It's bound to be there.

BUt wouldn't you think that her boots and skin would have rotted away after being in a pond for two years? That's reason enough for it not to be her.
Nar. I do specifically recall it being made as a seperate post entirely.

And to back up your theory on the rotting, the mere fact that she's in the Lifestream at the end of the game tells us that she has in fact 'returned to the planet' and thus no longer has a material form.

§håd0w
09-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Touché. Wasn't thinking about that at the time. I merely assumed that her spirirt returmned and her body stayed in the lake.

Tidus StarWind
09-22-2004, 03:19 AM
Ok I was looking at this picture after reading this thread and I noticed what I think is a Shinra logo in the upper right conner on a glass window or something is there...

Wheelchair (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10001)

BackRoomKid
09-29-2004, 06:17 AM
[QUOTE=Wilder]I would laugh and feel dissapointed if in the movie he jump from the chair and says " I´m Sephiroth !"QUOTE]

lmao...and then a chorus comes out of no where and the movie is not a movie, but a musical !!! :mog:

Starcrest
09-29-2004, 08:07 PM
ummm.....yeah

§håd0w
09-30-2004, 01:54 AM
Would you move a little bit to the left? Yeah.... that's great... :p

I'm actually thinking the wheelchair person maybe Hojo, since in the new trailer (From TGS) it shows the person is wearing a white collared shirt. And Hojo wore white collared shirts.

Starcrest
09-30-2004, 02:02 AM
anyone could wear a white collard shirt

§håd0w
10-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Very true you are... but as I recall, everyone in every Final Fantasy had some sort of trademark clothing, and that was all they wore. Specifically in FFVII, the only people who ever wore white were Hojo and Rufus. Who knows, I may just be completely wrong, but we [U.S.] won't know until next year.

Rostum
10-01-2004, 11:58 PM
anyone could wear a white collard shirt

Not in Final Fantasy VII! You wouldn't dare to be the same there.

SpaVVn
10-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Sephiroth shouldn't re-appear in AC (only as a flashback or maybe showing more details of his past and relation with Cloud, Hojo, Jenova, etc).

But he CAN'T be alive. The battle between him and Cloud had an epic ending, the eternal struggle between Good and Evil ended with Human will succeeding against chaos and destruction.

AND THAT'S ALL!!

If Sephiroth appears the magic from that untie would vanish!! Real foes appear only once and always die in a dramatic battle. That's exactly what makes them last in our memories.

Evil was not beaten. It always will return. But not the same way! Sephiroth will, of course, have a very important role in the film (who knows how...) and i'm really glad that SquareEnix brings us again one of the best characters ever created in a videogame. But I think is a complete failure to bring him alive cause the enchantment of the story could be seriously damaged.

§håd0w
10-15-2004, 12:43 AM
But he CAN'T be alive. The battle between him and Cloud had an epic ending, the eternal struggle between Good and Evil ended with Human will succeeding against chaos and destruction.

Two things wrong with that...
No where does it say he died, he was only absorbed into the Lifestream. He could just very well have a serious case of Mako poisoning like Cloud did, and hence be the person in the wheelchair.
It never says whether or not Meteor hit. So we're not entirely sure if Meteor still struck, or if the Lifestream stopped it.

So therefore saying what you just did is a little unjust IMO.

Starcrest
10-15-2004, 03:00 AM
but if meteor hit like u say, then the world wouldn't be there, and Nanaki and his kids wouldn't b there either, think about it a moment

Ouch!
10-15-2004, 04:11 AM
We can safely assume that because Midgar isn't just a giant crater that Meteor never made contact.

As for Sephiroth being the guy in the chair... I would have argued about who it was a while ago, but with the information given, i.e. the wheel-chair guy being refered to as Mr. President, I think we can safely agree it's Rufus.

There is a chance that Sephiroth is alive, but when you slowly degenerate into nothing, I think you're dead.

The way I see it is that there's only one way to plausibly bring Sephiroth back to life: a perfect clone was made. Perfect in the sense of a complete genetic replication. Yazoo, Loz and Kadaj obviously are successful clones, but hardly perfect ones.

iluvpenelo
10-15-2004, 08:07 PM
The guy in the wheelchair is rufus. coz Kadaj calls him "Mr. President" in the trailers

as for sephiroth, i think SHG is working for rufus to revive shinra or something like that. that disease thing can only be cured by geostigma so rufus hired kadaj and co. to retrieve jenovas head so they could clone seph. and stop cloud from stopping them. once they have geostigma, they can charge whatever they want coz ppl will need it to cure that disease thing so shinra could restart on the basis of that.

thats what i think anyway,

§håd0w
10-15-2004, 09:04 PM
but if meteor hit like u say, then the world wouldn't be there, and Nanaki and his kids wouldn't b there either, think about it a moment

I'm not arguing that Meteor did hit, but Red XIII was on the Highwind when, or if Meteor ever made contact.

Ouch!
10-15-2004, 10:27 PM
From what I understand of the information that came out of the Venice Film Festival is that geostigma is the disease, a disease that effects those who have JENOVA cells. It's a last attempt by the Planet to get rid of JENOVA.

Starcrest
10-16-2004, 05:44 PM
but even if meteor hit, wouldn't the highwind get blasted by the debris?

§håd0w
10-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Quite possibly, but remember how it made those other daring escapes from the Northern Crater?

Starcrest
10-16-2004, 06:30 PM
if the planet BLEW UP, debris would b everywhere, much larger then the northern crater's debris i think

§håd0w
10-16-2004, 07:02 PM
True, but the Planet didn't blow up. But that still doesn't mean Meteor didn't cause any damage; judging by the way the Lifestream and Holy were struggling to fend off Meteor, my assumption is the Meteor still made contact, just not full force like planned. Then again that's just how I perceived the ending to be.

Starcrest
10-16-2004, 08:55 PM
ok if meteor hit, and didn't cause as much damage as it was supposed to, then why isn't there any meteor debris?

BackRoomKid
10-16-2004, 09:03 PM
There probably are debris....we only have lil' clips of the movie so no one will probably know until we get better footage or watch the movie

§håd0w
10-16-2004, 09:17 PM
In addition, all that is left of Midgar is a rubble. So assuming it hit, Midgar would in turn be a pile of rubble.

Starcrest
10-17-2004, 02:47 AM
i guess

Ouch!
10-17-2004, 06:31 AM
If it hit, I'd assume there'd be a giant freakin' crater with nothing but flattened pieces of rubble. Obviously a lot of Midgar is still standing, therefor, I conclude that Metoer did not make direct contact except for those giant tornado thingies.

§håd0w
10-17-2004, 03:30 PM
I think it's safe to assume that. So now we end this argument.

BackRoomKid
10-17-2004, 06:51 PM
yes, let's

sayen
10-18-2004, 03:50 PM
cloud killed sephiroth twice dident he so sephiroth could come back as his will was the thing that prevented him from returnnig to the planet he could also posses the sephiroth clones so im not to sure about that

also it might be possible for the planet to resurect aeris with all her memoris in a diffent but similer body to make a warning that sephiroth isent realy dead and he has gaind enught strenght to posses a sephiroth clone but this is only a theroy it might be prity accuate thought

and they lost communication with rufas wich means he might not have died wich is why the turks tried to kill you that last time befor you fought proud clod and hojo

GarrickBurke
10-19-2004, 02:33 AM
cloud killed sephiroth twice dident he so sephiroth could come back as his will was the thing that prevented him from returnnig to the planet he could also posses the sephiroth clones so im not to sure about that

also it might be possible for the planet to resurect aeris with all her memoris in a diffent but similer body to make a warning that sephiroth isent realy dead and he has gaind enught strenght to posses a sephiroth clone but this is only a theroy it might be prity accuate thought

and they lost communication with rufas wich means he might not have died wich is why the turks tried to kill you that last time befor you fought proud clod and hojo

Is it possible that you could use a little punctuation once and a while?
You are running around in all sort of threads without using any capitals, full-stops, or otherwise.

And another thing, I can't find this picture of Aerith!!!!!

sayen
10-19-2004, 03:36 PM
so what if i cant spell or use puntuaition properly (dident spell that right did i?) most of the stuff i post in varius threads is my veiw theroys and how i did certain battles. see truble beating deathguise

§håd0w
10-19-2004, 11:51 PM

Sephiroth was never killed. He merely impaled Cloud and Cloud managed to lift him up and throw him into the Mako Reactor. Sephiroth then flowed through the Lifestream and was frozen in a Mako Crystal in the Northern Cavern. What Cloud and everyone else saw throughout the game was puppet being manipulated by JENOVA. As for the end, Sephiroth may have been killed, or he may have not. The game doesn't tell us; it just shows him being absorbed into the Lifestream.

No no no no no!! Aeris is gone for good, she was killed and has returned to the Planet. Her body remains in the pond near the altar at the Forgotten Capital. As mentioned by Bugenhagen at Cosmo Canyon, when one dies their spirit returns to the Planet and their body stays.

'Tis a possibility, since the wheelchair man is referred to as Mr. President. The Turks still fought you however because they were still working for Shin-Ra. Reeve, Scarlet, and Heidiggar were all still alive, so I'd assume either Scarlet or Heidiggar would obtain power of Shin-Ra; assuming that their governing rules are somewhat the same as democracy, which I highly doubt.

Xyphox
10-21-2004, 07:36 AM
guy's i think i figured out who's really in the wheelchair. It's gotta be a flashback to cloud. http://media.adventchildren.net/scans/ps806_4.jpg check out that screenshot. That's the same bed next to the wheelchair and the
same windows.

But then again the guy in front of him looks like a silver haired guy. Maybe one came and saw cloud during the game while we were following tifa.

Strawberry_Mew
10-26-2004, 10:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/Ayamaoko/wheelchair2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/Ayamaoko/WheelChair.jpg

Here are some good quality pics of the wheelchair person.. It may help solve who is it? My theory is it may be Rufus... Though Juding by looking at some Rufus Pics that I have it really does look like it.. Though as some say it may Aeris it does'nt look like it. For when did Aeris loose her left arm? Pluz Rufus may of lost his left arm from the attack from weapon. Though Who Knows. we will just have to wait for when it ever comes out for us the u.s.a. :(

Rostum
10-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Here are some good quality pics of the wheelchair person.. It may help solve who is it? My theory is it may be Rufus... Though Juding by looking at some Rufus Pics that I have it really does look like it..

How can you tell? He's under a blanket.

One winged angel of death
10-27-2004, 07:34 PM
from what i've heard Sephiroth is that guy who fights cloud again! he didn't dieand if he did....Jenova cells brought him back....because he's still a puppet!

10-27-2004, 07:38 PM
i think jenova brought him back....JENOVA.....she is a pain in the *** if ya know what i mean.....

Strawberry_Mew
10-28-2004, 04:48 AM
I would'nt mind if Sephiroth did come back but if he did it may be in a flash back and etc it would be really cool though.. and another i still think it is rufus in the wheelchair cuz hearing the translation the guy is saying "Mr. President". O well Just have to wait for it n.n

10-29-2004, 10:49 AM
intrigueing......hahahahaha....Sephiroth needs to take care of rufus once and for all......ha ha ha...ha....heh... i wish on the game i could've finished rufus off...oh well i'm glad sephiroth took care of the pig....(president Shinra original)....i love the way he did it...a sword impaled into his head....HA ha ha ha...

§håd0w
10-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Wasn't it in his back?

10-29-2004, 11:55 PM
nope right through his skull and out of his mouth! hah i loved it!

§håd0w
10-30-2004, 12:29 AM
...Yummy...

10-30-2004, 05:06 AM
it was awsome! i loved it i also liked the music the trail of blood. so creepy and yet calming.

Strawberry_Mew
10-30-2004, 05:10 AM
hehehehehehehee yes very yummy n_n I never liked the first president anywayz :P But GO SEPHIROTH ALL THE WAY! If he is in the movie I wonder who does the voice acting n_n -ish now very curious-

10-30-2004, 02:02 PM
hn....he's in kdh you can hear his voice there. i only heard a little bleep of it before he killed me. he was saying "sin harvest" but then i died! oh and they played a very cool version of one winged angel!

Starcrest
10-31-2004, 01:16 AM
ok dude the masmune got impaled in president shinra's back, not through the head

10-31-2004, 01:44 PM
look closer next time you play.......the graphics are bad but i can tell it's in his head/neck. that would kill someone instantly if stabed through the back there was a 45% chance of survival and he would've moved parcially away from the desk but if impaled through the throught or the skull he would've instantly died face down on the desk like you find him. please i've seen my friends do it over and over again and i've done it over and over again so i should know...i've probably seen it oh about....20 times...

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-31-2004, 02:00 PM
It was his back.

10-31-2004, 02:42 PM
i think it was in his neck between the head(my first observation) and his back(your observation) but who can tell? the graphics man the graphics.....

Starcrest
10-31-2004, 05:33 PM
the neck seems alright, but i think it's more of his back but oh well

11-01-2004, 12:44 PM
yeah somewhere around that area.....hmm....don't mind the pic i have now....cloud is just playing dead *cough cough*

sayen
11-03-2004, 11:54 AM
I beat sephiroth on kh and his voice dident soud very evil :-). But the ver of one windged angel was cool:-). Oh well and I think that the president shinra was stabbed in the neck down the back:-).

11-03-2004, 12:39 PM
wow really? i didn't really get to hear sephiroth....but the song was awsome! hm...i agree about the president. oh and sephiroth i think retreated back into the life stream and come back 3 yrs later...wait! that would make cloud 24! and tifa 25

Ouch!
11-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Cloud and Tifa were the same age. Aeris was a year older.

BackRoomKid
11-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Have you guys ever looked at the credits of Kingdom Hearts...you know who does Sephiroth's Voice....LANCE BASS
I'm assuming but you never know...lol, someo other guy might be named that but is that the Lance Bass from the infamous boy band N*SYNC???
They must have had to alter that guys voice...

§håd0w
11-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Cloud and Tifa were the same age. Aeris was a year older.

Actually, Cloud was 21 and Tifa was 20.

Ouch!
11-07-2004, 01:46 AM
Have you guys ever looked at the credits of Kingdom Hearts...you know who does Sephiroth's Voice....LANCE BASS
I'm assuming but you never know...lol, someo other guy might be named that but is that the Lance Bass from the infamous boy band N*SYNC???
They must have had to alter that guys voice...
I think he did a good job. The only reason people get upset about it because he was in N'Sync. So what? Who cares? Just because he was in a boy-band doesn't mean he can't be good at something and it automatically makes Sephiroth's voice uncool.

Actually, Cloud was 21 and Tifa was 20.

I could'a sworn they were the same age. Eh, it doesn't matter, my point was that Tifa wasn't the older one.

Rostum
11-07-2004, 11:30 PM
I could'a sworn they were the same age. Eh, it doesn't matter, my point was that Tifa wasn't the older one.

Yeah I just checked in the FFVII manual and it says Cloud is 21, Tifa is 20 and Aeris is 22.

Strawberry_Mew
11-08-2004, 07:57 AM
Well even if Lance Bass did Sephiroth's voice on KH, it was'nt bad though the only bad thing was u could barily understand what he was saying or if he was talking at all... :(

11-08-2004, 08:58 PM
lucky ppl!!! oh and i really don't care about tifa and cloud's age...dose it matter??? i'm probably wrong...oh and sephiroth was dissing cloud it looked like in the trailer i finally got to see! i got a new comp. wow...that guy from n*sync plays sephiroth's voice?? *scary image* ahh! i'm scared...

SomethingBig
11-08-2004, 10:41 PM
oh and sephiroth was dissing cloud it looked like in the trailer i finally got to see!
Which trailer are you talking about? *Watches available trailers online* I see no Sephiroth.

Palindrome
11-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Well i am sad, lonely and have no life so i watched the trailer frame by frame and noticed that the wheelchair dude was wearing a white suit with a yellow tie. If i am not mistaken that was Rufus' outfit.

Dynasty115
11-09-2004, 12:34 AM
It could heidegger but he wore a green suit in the game my thoughts are it is Hojo he injected himself with jenova cells at the sister ray he also regenerated body parts easily. he also wore a white labcoat which you can see under neath the cover if you watch carefully. I also think Hojo couldve created the SHM because he was trying to do that throughout the game.

Strawberry_Mew
11-09-2004, 08:14 AM
lucky ppl!!! oh and i really don't care about tifa and cloud's age...dose it matter??? i'm probably wrong...oh and sephiroth was dissing cloud it looked like in the trailer i finally got to see! i got a new comp. wow...that guy from n*sync plays sephiroth's voice?? *scary image* ahh! i'm scared...

Yes it is a very scary image in everyones head...... :O_O:

Rostum
11-09-2004, 08:54 AM
oh and sephiroth was dissing cloud it looked like in the trailer i finally got to see!

That's not Sephiroth, that is Kadaj (I think that's how his name is spelt, correct me if I'm wrong). He is a part of the 'silver haired men' gang (which consists of three guys).

Ouch!
11-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz, yup.

I can only assume you're refering to the scene where Kadaj taunts Cloud while they're surrounded by all the children, maybe children from the orphanage Cloud lives at.

The only scene with Sephiroth thus far is the flash-back of Sephiroth walking through the flames at Nibelheim.

11-09-2004, 07:35 PM
okay then...I'm sorry! I only found out about last month around the last month! i'm so behind.....you know after I wrote that guy from n*sync scared me last night. i had a nightmare....*shivers* i'm blind now!!! :( oh and I got bit by a brown recluse....POOR ME!! :cry:

Strawberry_Mew
11-10-2004, 08:53 PM
okay then...I'm sorry! I only found out about last month around the last month! i'm so behind.....you know after I wrote that guy from n*sync scared me last night. i had a nightmare....*shivers* i'm blind now!!! :( oh and I got bit by a brown recluse....POOR ME!! :cry:

Yes well said on the n*sync type deal... very scary.... :eek:

11-10-2004, 10:22 PM
very very scary.. i hope sephiroth dosen't sing bye bye bye

TheAbominatrix
11-10-2004, 10:34 PM
If none of you knew who did the voice, you wouldnt have a problem with it. Yes, it was Lance Bass. He uttered all of 10 words. He didnt do anything wrong with it, and if no one had told you you never would've known. Lord, save us all.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
11-10-2004, 10:50 PM
N*Sync?

MROE LIKE N*STINKOMGOROFLLLLL

11-10-2004, 11:06 PM
still it scared me i dream about sephiroth singing the song "Bye, bye,bye" a minute ago.....i'm scarred for life... :cry:

Starcrest
11-11-2004, 01:23 AM
ok um wow u've got some issues. i agree with TheAbominatrix on this one, if you didn't no who it was you'd probably have NO problem with the voice

Rostum
11-11-2004, 06:11 AM
still it scared me i dream about sephiroth singing the song "Bye, bye,bye" a minute ago.....i'm scarred for life... :cry:

Grow up, please.

11-11-2004, 12:33 PM
hey hey hey I was twelve when i wrote that!! now i'm 13!!!! :mad2: oh and yeah...i parcially forgot that....and well.....will sephiroth really come back in the advent children??? i'm still not sure if it's him or a clone....or if it's both...

TheAbominatrix
11-11-2004, 01:07 PM
hey hey hey I was twelve when i wrote that!! now i'm 13!!!! :mad2: oh and yeah...i parcially forgot that....and well.....will sephiroth really come back in the advent children??? i'm still not sure if it's him or a clone....or if it's both...

:rolleyes2 Maturity is measured in actions, not in years.

Anyway, no one knows yet. Sephiroth will appear in a flashback, aside from that, it hasnt been revealed.

Strawberry_Mew
11-11-2004, 11:09 PM
-shivers- no not bye bye bye ..oh dear god anything but that -faints...- :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

11-12-2004, 12:20 AM
talk about it....oh and well....hmm....i wounder...how many sephiroth clones there are...(GIVE ME UR E-MAIL ADDRESSES....I HAVE SOME PICS OF THE BROWN RECLUSE BITES AND I CAN SHOW YOU WHAT MINE LOOKED LIKE) (AND IT SHOWS YOU A PIC OF THE THINGY TO LOOK OUT FOR> MINE WAS LIKE THE FIRST PIC) if ya don't want to it's fine with me.

Starcrest
11-12-2004, 02:33 AM
still jsut cause u were twelve, hell even if u were 20 it wouldn't matter, it's just not a nice thing to say. yeah it's good to voice ur opinion, but hoenstly, do you think anyone really cares if u were scared for life by a FRIGGIN SONG?

11-12-2004, 02:37 AM
whatever....ur a mean person....

Starcrest
11-12-2004, 02:51 AM
not really sry was in a mood angry with some ppl had to take it out on someone, so, im sry

BackRoomKid
11-12-2004, 05:02 AM
wow...everyone is still on this topic about Lance Bass??? I just brought it up as an interesting fact....lmao...and now I see all these people argueing...my badd

11-12-2004, 02:17 PM
i'm not continueing with the arguement anymore...i'm not even mad.. umm..so anyway. wouldn't be a twist if sephiroth disguised himself as the guy in the wheelchair? and he was just acting it out, for the clones to weaken cloud then he attacks?

Ouch!
11-12-2004, 02:51 PM
If Sephiroth is the man in the wheelchair, I will break the DVD. At this point, I think we've ruled out all other possibilities aside from Rufus.

11-12-2004, 05:26 PM
i mean he's acting....he really isn't in the wheelchair he's acting.

Ouch!
11-12-2004, 07:33 PM
What the duece? Are you saying that Sephiroth is acting as the guy in the wheelchair, or the guy in the wheelchair is disguised as Sephiroth? Either way, it's obscure and wouldn't make much sense, even as a hypothetical 'what if?' statement.

Strawberry_Mew
11-12-2004, 10:16 PM
I still think itz Rufus.... o well

11-12-2004, 11:53 PM
it would be ironic right?

Strawberry_Mew
11-13-2004, 12:29 AM
it would be ironic right?

I just wish I could find out who it is -gets head ache from thinking to hard- I want the movie now ....blah

SomethingBig
11-13-2004, 06:38 PM
wouldn't be a twist if sephiroth disguised himself as the guy in the wheelchair? and he was just acting it out, for the clones to weaken cloud then he attacks?

If Sephiroth is the man in the wheelchair, I will break the DVD. At this point, I think we've ruled out all other possibilities aside from Rufus.
I'm sorry, but that would be the worst twist ever. Sephiroth was a God in FFVII and he has enough pride to finish his work himself. If he was the man in the wheelchair, I would burn my house down.

11-13-2004, 08:55 PM
i know...i beat him again D*m*it....hmm..well....i have no idea....but i'm sure the real sephiroth will probably show up...(i hope not in just the flash backs)...

Strawberry_Mew
11-13-2004, 09:05 PM
i know...i beat him again D*m*it....hmm..well....i have no idea....but i'm sure the real sephiroth will probably show up...(i hope not in just the flash backs)...

I really hope that Sephiroth will show up. cuz a FF7 movie or anything of FF7 would'nt be the same without Sephiroth in it. I also hope that the flash backs is'nt the only time Sephiroth would'nt show up...

SomethingBig
11-13-2004, 09:33 PM
That would be awful. It would be stupid if Sephiroth were revived. If they brought Sephiroth back, then they'd have to bring Aeris back, as well, and that would just butcher the whole story. It'd be WAY too predictable and cliche.

Rostum
11-14-2004, 12:30 AM
If he was the man in the wheelchair, I would burn my house down.

I will do it for you.

11-15-2004, 08:44 PM
well...who knows....anything could happen! *I mean there could be an odd twist* not with aeris inclueded.....*so what if my spelling sucks!*

Rostum
11-15-2004, 11:02 PM
well...who knows....anything could happen! *I mean there could be an odd twist* not with aeris inclueded.....*so what if my spelling sucks!*

Showing spelling and proper grammer will note a more competant person.

11-18-2004, 12:47 PM
well... Cloud could be attacked by the clones and one become possessed by sephiroth and then cloud fights, hypothetically, sephiroth once again....

SomethingBig
11-19-2004, 02:11 AM
I hope that Sephiroth only shows up in the flashback.

Strawberry_Mew
11-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Flash Backs would be nice but still I wish Sephiroth would be in the movie n_n

Starcrest
11-23-2004, 02:03 AM
yeah but how many times does he have to DIE!!!!!?????????

Strawberry_Mew
11-23-2004, 03:49 PM
yeah but how many times does he have to DIE!!!!!?????????

Dat's True o.o...

11-25-2004, 09:08 PM
well let's see...jenove (1,2,3,4,5) yeah 5 times for jenova i think. and sephiroth with jenova cells (1,2) by far twotimes but he could come back a 3rd time and try to finish off his job....but i don't have the slightest clue.

§håd0w
11-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Where is this fifth battle with JENOVA that you speak of?

11-25-2004, 09:26 PM
i uh...lost count....-_- i never pay real attention to video games and everytime i thought jenova was right after i woke up. but like 4 times...so seph should possibley come back a 3rd time and so ya have it but really i don't know i'm not God.

§håd0w
11-25-2004, 10:18 PM
i'm not God.

:eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!1111shift1!!!!! Who have I been blindly following then, for all my useless life.!?>!?>!>>!!!!?!?!?

11-29-2004, 02:27 PM
If ya beat the game you'd understand why sephiroth could come back, yet.....It might be flash backs.

Strawberry_Mew
12-01-2004, 07:47 PM
If ya beat the game you'd understand why sephiroth could come back, yet.....It might be flash backs.

Thats True n_n... I want the movie n_n!!!!!!!!!!!!! -sighs-

meowwl
12-01-2004, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't mind it being sephiroth in the wheelchair...He's kinda hot! :p

Strawberry_Mew
12-01-2004, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't mind it being sephiroth in the wheelchair...He's kinda hot! :p

Well Said..Well Said.. he is hot n_n

Matt90
12-02-2004, 08:39 PM
I think its Rufus he knows that Cloud is a soilder as he says, one of the silver haired men summon Bahamut right in front of his face, so i dont think it could be Sephiroth if you want proof click here its the script for FF 7 AD its long

§håd0w
12-03-2004, 12:12 AM

I've definately beat FFVII 20+ times, and clocked in well over 1500 hours accumulative.

Rostum
12-03-2004, 02:21 AM

I can assure you I have beaten FFVII many many times. I first beat it in 1997 and probably around 20 times since then. Yet even with this, I still don't understand how sephiroth could come back? The only explination would be Jenova, but then at the end of FFVII you see Sephiroth get all cut up and blow up. Which would mean he's dead, right?

Starcrest
12-03-2004, 02:44 AM
i too have beaten the game a few times and dunno how he could come back...Jenova...what does happen to Jenova anyway? anyway, Sepheroth and Jenova are two different beings, not one and the same

12-05-2004, 07:05 PM
*sigh* yade-yare.... oh well you can't see it from my point of view. ok here it gose it has spoliers. well when you beat sephiroth he desinigrates or turns into life energy riiight? well like lucrecia he won't die or stay dead easy. so...from where i see it he could posses a clone and live in that clones body. or possibly he could come back because of the abundant life energy restore his body. but these are hypothesises so really it can be a glass half full half empty guess. but i'm not a 100% sure yet more like 65%-73% sure so not to high. but in any case did i explain my point of view ok or is it still blury and no i'm not trying to start a rumor these are guesses. *C'mon people this is squaresoft who knows what will happen!*

Starcrest
12-06-2004, 12:16 AM
but since he disinegrates, his physcal body is gone, and the overabundance of energy wouldn't be able to restore it. and if he where to overtake a clone, it still wouldn't technically be sepheroth. it'd be like knowing how to fight but the muscles wouldn't physically be able to do it

meowwl
12-06-2004, 01:06 PM
:tongue: maybe that's why he's in the wheelchair? Because he's in a cloned body? I kinda wonder if the white haired kids are supposed to be his kids..can't beleive a bish like him wouldn't have left kids behind in every town..

12-06-2004, 10:07 PM
i suppose. yes that's probably a good observation, but yet.....i still believe that there is a chance that maybe sephiroth could come back but i'm not sure like a said before.

Marshall Loh
12-15-2004, 09:47 AM
In my opinion this "wheel chair person" is Rufus... I think that because Rude is standing by his side...And also, you can observe the right hand of this man. He is dressed in white...i think. And Rufus was dressed like that in FFVII... :magus:

Strawberry_Mew
12-15-2004, 08:13 PM
In my opinion this "wheel chair person" is Rufus... I think that because Rude is standing by his side...And also, you can observe the right hand of this man. He is dressed in white...i think. And Rufus was dressed like that in FFVII... :magus:

Rufus is dressed in white but the one problem is what about his hands he is'nt wearing his black gloves but I still think it is Rufus n_n

lgrowse
12-15-2004, 08:50 PM
my thought is that the true one died and the one in the film is the clone thats around in the game

12-15-2004, 10:04 PM
hm.... Well rufus died sephiroth died Hojo died heidigger died scarlet died bugenhanger died aerith died lucrecia died biggs died wedge died jenny died don corneo died(if you have yuffie) jenova died that all leads to possibly Reeve. *GAWD HARD TO REMEMBER!*

Strawberry_Mew
12-16-2004, 07:21 PM
hm.... Well rufus died sephiroth died Hojo died heidigger died scarlet died bugenhanger died aerith died lucrecia died biggs died wedge died jenny died don corneo died(if you have yuffie) jenova died that all leads to possibly Reeve. *GAWD HARD TO REMEMBER!*

Actually they did'nt really say Rufus did die they just said he went up missing but good point :confused:

12-18-2004, 12:15 AM
yeah true damn! that means they probably were ploting this for a long time! but who knows it might just be a sudden thing.

Starcrest
12-18-2004, 02:54 AM
lets see you get shot at with a whole buncha missle's and see if u live

§håd0w
12-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Heh, yeah seriously; It's kinda implied. But on the other hand, it's the same with Sephiroth being alive/dead. You can argue both sides to quite some extent.

12-18-2004, 02:24 PM
lets see you get shot at with a whole buncha missle's and see if u live
you know i was kinda thinking the same thing about rufus cause my friend dosen't think he's dead.

Strawberry_Mew
12-20-2004, 06:55 PM
yeah true damn! that means they probably were ploting this for a long time! but who knows it might just be a sudden thing.

-giggles- itz ok n_n Hey nice website n_n

12-28-2004, 02:17 PM
I got Stuff on Advent Children on www.freewebs.com/anime_loverx/ it all came from ffshrine. and also you can see it's release date and other pics i've only started it yesterday.

§håd0w
12-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Only two Kenshin pictures?!?! I'm appauled :mad2:

Anyway... where is this release date you speak of, and is an official date or just some tentative release that is out due to rumours?

12-28-2004, 06:15 PM
it's on the video game section. look around and it is not a rumor. i got it from the ffshrine that has like a different trailer than the one here and it said on the last part it was comeing out in summer of 2005.

Strawberry_Mew
12-29-2004, 06:25 PM
it's on the video game section. look around and it is not a rumor. i got it from the ffshrine that has like a different trailer than the one here and it said on the last part it was comeing out in summer of 2005.

Whoosh -Does a lil dance- Thats soo kool but itz in the summer... o well I can wait :D

Naughty Tifa
12-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Was that the release date before or after it got pushed back? *shakes fist* Damn you, Sqeenix!

But if anyone has been to daeya.org, they have some pretty exclusive stuff. There is a little Sephiroth flash animation, where you can see him coming down, it's freaky.

12-30-2004, 12:41 AM
oh... it got pushed back? this must be an old trailer.... I had no idea... uh.... if you want to spoil it for you go to my website. i got pics on there that aren't here. but as far as my knoledge of this exsist it's comeing out in 2005 probably fall. and sephiroth i think he's only showing up in flash backs now from some of the pics i saw....

Memorylight
01-11-2005, 05:52 PM
-_-' Gosh, my head hurts....
Why am I always the last one to hear the news, and this news is like a year old soon....
*Cries*

2004 this summer????!!!!! http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif....
Where the hell can I get this movie?

Please don't double post. -Murder

meowwl
01-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Sephiroth is back, and he's NOT the guy in the wheelchair (who by the way could he be that manager in junon before you get into the sub?) you can take a look here, click here (http://www.final-fantasy.it/screenshots.html) for the non flashback screenshot. by the way, that site has downloadable high res screenshots too in the rare stuff section.

Carnage
01-11-2005, 07:47 PM
its kinda blurry but looks real. i heard that the silver haried men were trying to create another sephiroth.

DMKA
01-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Well, that scene we've all seen over and over of Sephy in the fire is a flashback scene from FF7. Other than that we don't know yet.

I personally am thinking the guy in the wheel chair is more likely Rufus...that's a big possibility. It can't be Sephiroth...that'd just be rediculous. There could very well be other Sephiroths in AC.

meowwl
01-13-2005, 06:02 AM
According to the site I got that link, CLICK HERE (http://www.final-fantasy.it/screenshots.html) from,and from daeya, click here (http://www.daeya.org/ff7ac/) It's not a flashback. Its at the end of the montreal screening, Cloud is cutting his way through falling debris at the end of the Bahamut scene and suddenly the murasame appears cutting though a block above him, and at the other end, none other than Sephiroth himself! The first link has some nice high res stuff too.

Strawberry_Mew
01-13-2005, 07:13 PM
... whoa :eek: though it is what it looks like...Sephiroth is there -grins-

01-26-2005, 08:53 PM
I think I've ruined the movie for myself... I went to this one website, and they had more than half the sceens from the movie... Although Vincent looked cool, i think I know what's gonna happen...

velvet.fireball
01-26-2005, 09:06 PM
coolness - i was going to post myself on the details given in the 25 minute preview but there's no point, it's official

it looks like sephy really is alive again

Starcrest
01-27-2005, 02:02 AM
speaking of...when's the movie coming out in the US?

finalheaven
01-27-2005, 01:29 PM
well isnt that part of the whole movie?? the SHM trying to ressurect sephy..or what other people said..he a flashback..^_^

zimmunky
01-27-2005, 05:10 PM
I actually think the "chair person" is Sephiroth. no cause the chair person talks about sephiroth in the trailer

JunotDe
01-29-2005, 09:38 AM
He said he'd be coming back in the game
and I guess he did?

PapaZeb
01-29-2005, 06:58 PM
He said he'd be coming back in the game
and I guess he did?

Latest trailer has shots of him emerging from a WEAPON right at the end. I'd say it's safe to assume he's either still alive n kickin, or Cloud's still just as mental as in the game

§håd0w
01-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Let's go with the second. I for one was not Cloud's hugest fan.

BackRoomKid
01-31-2005, 03:35 AM
yeap, look at the newest trailor in the Japan square enix site...that should settle this whole thread

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-31-2005, 08:24 AM
my jaw dropped at the end of that trailer....this will indeed be interesting!

JunotDe
01-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Im making my friend buy the movie so i dont gotta use my money :D

Wait..How is zack in the game..thats definetely a Flash back cause didnt he get Shawt?

TheAbominatrix
01-31-2005, 11:36 AM
Zack is dead, it's quite clearly a flashback, specifically from the scenes you can view in the Shin Ra basement on disc 3.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Zack was an interesting bloke but what boggled me is the fact that i saw him die in two different ways one was with soldiers outside midgar and the other was i think in a mission or in the lab in Niblhem...anyone seen that one?...forgot how you could see those!?

TheAbominatrix
01-31-2005, 12:23 PM
He didnt die on the mission, he was wounded. He died outside of Midgar.

Strawberry_Mew
02-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Yay and Cloud took Zacks clothes and his sword.... :eek:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-01-2005, 11:36 PM
He didnt die on the mission, he was wounded. He died outside of Midgar.

Thanks for clearing that up...seriously i was really wondering about it lol!

I feel stupid now lol!

ngkt67
02-08-2005, 08:44 AM
he is...he is not...he is...he is not...
but think he may still alive or revive...(spoiler)
coz in the last part of the 4th trailer, there is a quote..
" i won be just a memory..."
i bet tat voice is by sephiroth!!!!
HE'S BACK!!! :love:

Sword
02-26-2005, 01:28 AM
Okay, Sephiroth IS DEAD! Jeez, I find it hard to believe that an actual fan of FFVII can't recognise that the 'Sephiroth scene' is from the original game. Also the wheelchair person is definately NOT sephiroth because in one pic Rude is seen standing beside him. It's Hojo.

cloud20747
02-26-2005, 01:36 AM
For the last and final time the wheelchair man is Rufus!!!!!!
HOJO IS DEAD. YOU KILL HIM AND THE GAME.
As for Rufus, Weapon attacks him and an explosion accurs. There is proof suppoting that rufus is the wheelchair man:

1. Guy in wheelchair wears Rufus' Trademark White outfit
2. He is called "Mr. President"
and
3. If you look at he Character credits(Which is on Eyes on FF) You see Rufus is on ther e not HOJO

§håd0w
02-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Okay, Sephiroth IS DEAD!

Oh no you di'nt!!! Besides, you see Sephiroth in the last scene of trailer 4, and I am almost positive that scene never once appeared in the game itself.

ljkkjlcm9
02-26-2005, 03:18 PM
People think from Square-Enix side... people loved sephiroth(why i'm not so sure, I kinda hated him) so wouldn't it be obvious to bring him back in the movie. If it will help sell it, wouldn't you do it? I mean they probably showed the wheel chair guy for people to think, it's sephiroth, then they showed more, and people were like, awww no sephiroth, just rufus, then they were like, well here, we will show you sephiroth, and you see how much excitement it caused. He does look sweet, and I'd like to see Cloud kill him again, but in an action packed battle rather than a move I had used a billion times previous in the game. Of course, if they have him use omnislash in the movie... aww sweet!

THE JACKEL

amratis
02-27-2005, 12:33 AM
lol, yes I hope if Seph really is back there is a huge fight between him and Cloud, I'm 100% sure they will be, it'll probably be the best part of the film too, I mean come on...it would be just so....COOL. ;) :D

BackRoomKid
02-27-2005, 06:12 AM
i think Sephorith DID die....BUT, Vincent said in one of the trailors that Kadaj's gang could 'create' or 'make' themselves another Sephorith, something like that....makes sense that Sephorith is back, either way, I'm glad, cuz someone is gettin' they booty whooped!

Luthien Rogue
02-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Okay, Sephiroth IS DEAD! Jeez, I find it hard to believe that an actual fan of FFVII can't recognise that the 'Sephiroth scene' is from the original game. Also the wheelchair person is definately NOT sephiroth because in one pic Rude is seen standing beside him. It's Hojo.

Check out this screen: http://img212.exs.cx/img212/3425/adventchildrensephy45xy.jpg

Now please tell me where I can see this scene in Final Fantasy VII. I have played the game many time buy have never seen a scene even SIMILIAR to that one. Not to mention the scene where he says:

"I will not be a memory."

Or something very similiar to that. (sorry, I don't have the exact quote anymore)

§håd0w
02-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Maybe Sephiroth will make a repeat of what he did at the Forgotten Capital, only this time Cloud instead of Aeris. :p

meowwl
02-28-2005, 02:26 PM
It occurs to me to wonder if Kadaj screaming isn't because he becomes Sephiroth..kind of like Vincent becomes Chaos as his limit break...and as for what Sephi-sama (Yes I like him..a lot :love: ;) ) says at the end of the trailers, "Watashi wa omoide ni wa naranai sa." I understood this to mean "I will not be just a memory.

CloudStrife48
02-28-2005, 04:00 PM
I guess my entire thing can be a Spoiler and I just joined a few seconds ago so I don't know how to white it out:

Ok this is what I believe, not everyone may agree but I dont care. Alright if you HAVE been reading up on FF7 AC then you already know the general plot and the general story line. The whole reunion thing etc etc... I think the SHM are Sephiroth clones, or being manipulated by the Wheel Chair Person of course. Now to MY understanding, its clearly shown that the Wheel Chair Person IS Rufus. In one of the scenes he is wearing a what seems to be Lab coat. Now the only 2 people who wore that were Hojo and Rufus. Hojo you KILLED in the game, he is NO LONGER on the screen when you finish the battle. Rufus is claimed "dead" after the weapon incident but we don't actually see him die. The room goes out of contact and everyone presumes him dead. Now since I think it is Rufus, he is probably pretty darn pissed that Shinra is dead. If you were the president of a company and someone took it all away from you, wouldn't you try to kill them? Why he is making the reunion happen, I don't know... maybe he went crazy in his mind and wants the entire world to suffer like every other bad guy (since he is nothing anymore) and he sees the Jenova Reunion as the only way. Or maybe he wants to Merge with Jenova as Sephiroth did because he is obviously handicapped. He will then become a god then rule the world blah blah blah... Now if you saw the fourth trailer at the offical AC site. At the very end Sephiroth DOES appear and it obviously is NOT a flashback. After Cloud slams his sword into that ground and looks into the sky you see something in the void, then it goes "FF7 AC" and Sephiroth appears. So obviously Sephiroth DOES appear in the movie. Perhaps he was resurrected and is needed to keep Cloud distracted while the SHM do something else.... this is just my theory though. One thing that clicked into my mind that is that reason Vincent is the main character of the DC is maybe because A) Fans love him so much of course as people claim or B) Cloud Strife dies in AC somehow and goes off to the Promised Land to be with Aeris.

Leave messages about what you think :D

amratis
02-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Its a building, not the ground, lol, sorry not trying to be mean :D

I think Rufus is working with them because he thinks that ultimately, he can control them. I dont think he really can though, I reckon they'll kill him in the end.

I really dont want Cloud to die in AC, he SO had better not. I'd rather have Aeris come back to be with him then him DIE to be with her (if it does have something to do with Aeris atall) :D

CloudStrife48
02-28-2005, 06:02 PM
:eek: is it a building, my bad :(

§håd0w
02-28-2005, 06:07 PM
^^ Rolfcopter

Squall of SeeD
02-28-2005, 09:02 PM
To CloudStrife48: The indication seems to be that Rufus is being forced into working with the Silver-Haired Men. He is asking Cloud for protection and in one scene, this dialogue occurs between Kadaj and the Wheelchair Man:

Kadaj: I hate being lied to…

WCM: And I’m sorry about that. I’m telling the truth this time. It got lost sometime along the way while being transported. When you guys attacked, that is.

Kadaj: …is that true?

WCM: I swear it is.

Kadaj: You see, someone hid ‘Mother’ away from us.
The ‘stigma is an illness that awakens within you the action of compensating where the body itself has reached its limit.
I’m sure…you know very well yourself exactly what this ‘stigma is, don’t you?

This is all thanks to Mother’s genes working hard within lifestream.
Still, we don’t even know where she is.

(WCM moves his hand in a subtle manner and Reno and Rude both end up on the floor twisting and moaning)

WCM: What do you want?

Kadaj: We need “Mother”. Just some diagrams and the ‘stigma alone is barely enough.
For the Reunion, that is.

Kadaj's words are said in a threatening manner, not at all though there is a willing partnership at work.

amratis
02-28-2005, 10:39 PM
:eek: is it a building, my bad :(

*chuckle* Thats ok, just check the trailer again and see for yourself :) ;)

EDIT - interesting dialogue Squall of Seed, where did you get this little snipper? is it direct from the subtitles of the trailer? (They dont work for me) Its just I have not seen this exchange before.

BackRoomKid
02-28-2005, 11:13 PM
To CloudStrife48: The indication seems to be that Rufus is being forced into working with the Silver-Haired Men. He is asking Cloud for protection and in one scene, this dialogue occurs between Kadaj and the Wheelchair Man:

Kadaj's words are said in a threatening manner, not at all though there is a willing partnership at work.

where did you find that script?

§håd0w
03-01-2005, 12:29 AM
Scripts have been posted in various thread amongst the forum.

amratis
03-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Do you know where? on the AC forum right? well I guess Ill have to take alook.

BackRoomKid
03-01-2005, 02:04 AM
yea, I know the script is definately on sum forum but I want to know what trailor it's from, and what exact forums....for the sake of making sure that this is official

Camanche
03-01-2005, 02:11 AM
I think the "trailer" it is from is the 25-minute Venice preview, which is not currently available for veiwing on the internet as far as I know. But the script has obviouly been made available, I think adventchildren.net had a full translation of it.

Squall of SeeD
03-01-2005, 06:13 AM
where did you find that script?

Courtesy of AdventChildren.net's vspirit. A Forum member there took a tape recorder to the Montreal showing of the 25 minute Advent Children preview and recorded it, then vspirit translated the Japanese dialogue into English.

CloudStrife48
03-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Courtesy of AdventChildren.net's vspirit. A Forum member there took a tape recorder to the Montreal showing of the 25 minute Advent Children preview and recorded it, then vspirit translated the Japanese dialogue into English.

do you know the exact link? I couldnt find it :mad2:

amratis
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Ah I see, this would be good to read, I've read transcripts from other sites, by people who were at the screening and wrote down what they remembered, but not an exact transcript of the dialogue from it. Yes if you could provide a link that would be great. If not I'll try find it myself :D

amratis
03-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Ah I've just found it, honestly its not hard to find atall cloud strife, just go to the adventchildren.net home page and click on the right somewhere where it says Venice Summary, and then Movie Script Translation, see, easy :D

CloudStrife48
03-02-2005, 03:44 AM
Ah I've just found it, honestly its not hard to find atall cloud strife, just go to the adventchildren.net home page and click on the right somewhere where it says Venice Summary, and then Movie Script Translation, see, easy :D

:eek: hahahaha i didnt look on that side, i kept looking at the left side thank you! :)

§håd0w
03-05-2005, 02:59 PM
yea, I know the script is definately on sum forum but I want to know what trailor it's from, and what exact forums....for the sake of making sure that this is official

I think it was from the 3rd, and it was probably fan translated.

Luthien Rogue
03-05-2005, 03:10 PM
I think it was from the 3rd, and it was probably fan translated.

Squall already answered his question:

And here is the direct link to the script: http://www.adventchildren.net/ff7ac/movie/venice/ff7ac_pre_trans.txt

§håd0w
03-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I can't be bothered to read every post... I've been gone for a while, so cut me some slack here.

Sword
03-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Ok I recently seen trailer 4 and saw ol' Sephy at the end. So I guess he is alive....

amratis
03-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Oh yes, he is.. :) ...unless its someone who just really looks like him or somesuch- Doubtful.

BackRoomKid
03-25-2005, 06:50 AM
^^^lol, yea, who happens to carry his long ol' shank and black outfit

well, he IS alive, he ISN'T dead

questions is....HOW

:::patience, patience::::

Squall of SeeD
03-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Oh yes, he is.. :) ...unless its someone who just really looks like him or somesuch- Doubtful.

I'd say likely, what with the same thing happening throughout most of Final Fantasy VII with JENOVA in his form; refer especially to the Sephiroth form seen in the Northern Crater's Whirlwind Maze, it becoming JENOVA-DEATH. Further taking into account the likelihood of the other Sephiroth forms that were seen having also been JENOVA parts (especially the one at the City of the Ancients, with it vanishing in a flash of light, followed immediately by the small ball that became JENOVA-LIFE falling from the spot where the Sephiroth form had been), and then it later being revealed that it hadn't been Sephiroth the team had been chasing all along (after the battle with JENOVA-DEATH; Cloud: "Jenova's cells... ...hmm. So that's what this is all about. The Jenova Reunion..."; Tifa: "Not Sephiroth? You mean all this time it wasn't Sephiroth we were after?"), then considering that Sephiroth was very much shown to be dead, his body disintegrating at the heart of the Planet, and then finally considering that JENOVA's head still remains in Advent Children, I'd say it's more likely to be JENOVA than it is to be anyone else.

BackRoomKid
03-25-2005, 10:06 PM
^^^now that's more like it...to me that makes so much sense.

It could be JENOVA working this whole thing out. She knows Cloud is currently the one who can stop her. First it was Aeris who could do it, but Jenova got rid of her quickly. Seeing how Cloud is alive, why not bring Sephorith (or at least an imitation of him) out to intimidate him and strike him with fear. What better way than his worst rival! So at the end, if it is NOT a real Sephorith, then it could be a clone from Jenova...makes sense to me. But now i'm wondering, how is it you get rid of the head? It always eventually finds a way out...first Sephorith, and now the Silver Haired Men she has at her disposal.

meowwl
03-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Wonders if the silver haired men have Jenova cells..It would seem not, as they are still looking for "Mother"...It could be that Sephiroth is back because he's the sexy beast that ff fans love to hate..

Squall of SeeD
03-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Wonders if the silver haired men have Jenova cells..It would seem not, as they are still looking for "Mother"...It could be that Sephiroth is back because he's the sexy beast that ff fans love to hate..

Their silver hair would suggest the presence of JENOVA Cells to me (both Sephiroth and the JENOVA form seen in Nibelheim had silver hair), as well as Kadaj's reference to Cloud as being his "Brother" and also that of the children afflicted with Geostigma (the inner-battle between one's Spirit Energy and JENOVA's Cells).

meowwl
03-27-2005, 08:49 AM
More than one kind of Jenova cells maybe? :shifty: I think the silver hair is because they're clones of Sephiroth, without Jenova cells. Genetically nearly identical but lacking the Jenova cells..and I'm still not sure about the mako. They say "brother" because they also assume that Cloud is a clone..Like Sephiroth did in the game... :O_O: It kind of makes me wonder where Cloud's father was in the picture. I think you never see him in the game, just his mother...Cloud might end up having to call Sephiroth or Hojo daddy! :eek: I still think that Geostigma is a virus with Jenova DNA, like duck flu is influenza with duck genes.

Squall of SeeD
03-27-2005, 06:00 PM
More than one kind of Jenova cells maybe? :shifty: I think the silver hair is because they're clones of Sephiroth, without Jenova cells. Genetically nearly identical but lacking the Jenova cells..and I'm still not sure about the mako. They say "brother" because they also assume that Cloud is a clone..Like Sephiroth did in the game... :O_O: It kind of makes me wonder where Cloud's father was in the picture. I think you never see him in the game, just his mother...Cloud might end up having to call Sephiroth or Hojo daddy! :eek: I still think that Geostigma is a virus with Jenova DNA, like duck flu is influenza with duck genes.

There are no genetic duplicates (genetic clones) of Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII. The term "Clone" was used because they didn't have anything else in the English language that would be one word and would also somehow convey the concept of one who had undergone similar experimentation to Sephiroth, having been infused with Mako and injected with JENOVA's Cells.

Cloud is a Clone, but in Final Fantasy VII's English translation, all that means is that he had been infused with Mako and injected with JENOVA's Cells:

Cloud
"I'm physically built like someone on SOLDIER."
"Hojo's plan to clone Sephiroth wasn't that difficult."
"It was just the same procedure they use when creating members of SOLDIER."

Cloud
"You see, someone in SOLDIER isn't simply exposed to Mako energy."
"Their bodies are actually injected with Jenova cells......"

As for Cloud's dad, we're told he died when Cloud was still a young child:

Cloud
"I don't know if you could call it a 'family'........"
"My father... died when I was still very young."
"That's why my mom...... was living alone in this house."

As for Geostigma, in the 25 minute preview of Advent Children shown in Venice, Montreal, and Paris, Vincent plainly states that Geostigma is the result of a conflict between JENOVA's Cells and the "current like the Lifestream" within everyone's bodies. In other words, their Spirit Energy. Geostigma isn't a virus, but the side-effects of an inner battle.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-29-2005, 03:03 AM
What I´m Waiting for is the mistery of the chair person covered, I´m star thinkin about a mutant Genova , or... oh god, Do They Bring Aeris To life !!?I think it's Rufus

amratis
03-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Right, so basically we're now thinking that it's only Sephiroth's body that comes back, and that it's being completely controlled by Jenova? There's no hint of the orginal Sephiroth personality there? Plausible enough, and just as likely as anything else given that the movie hasnt actually come out yet. However he says "I wont be....just a memory" Is this Jenova speaking this? Sounds like something Seph would say.

Squall of SeeD
03-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Right, so basically we're now thinking that it's only Sephiroth's body that comes back, and that it's being completely controlled by Jenova? There's no hint of the orginal Sephiroth personality there? Plausible enough, and just as likely as anything else given that the movie hasnt actually come out yet. However he says "I wont be....just a memory" Is this Jenova speaking this? Sounds like something Seph would say.

In my own case, I'm arguing that it's only his form that we see, not his actual body which we saw get destroyed at the end of the Safer Sephiroth battle. We know that JENOVA's Cells can change their form, as they did in the game, JENOVA-DEATH having certainly taken on his form, and likely JENOVA-LIFE and BIRTH, as well. That JENOVA's head -- which we know from the previews is still around for the movie -- could take on his form doesn't seem any less likely to me.

As for whether or not "I won't be... just a memory" is something only JENOVA or Sephiroth would say, that's really not something we can determine.

amratis
03-29-2005, 01:38 PM
That JENOVA's head -- which we know from the previews is still around for the movie -- could take on his form doesn't seem any less likely to me.

I now have a somewhat disturbing visual image of Sephiroth's body growing out of the Jenova head. Ewwww. *shivers*

Well I guess we'll see.

Nova Briar
03-29-2005, 06:44 PM
If Jenova's head does become Sephiroth, it might explain what happens to it when Kadaj gets upset over its "disappearance", in the church--you know, he clutches the box thingy and wails "Mother!". But I'm not sure if that makes sense, because if it became Sephiroth (or rather, took on the form of Sephiroth), wouldn't the SHM know about it?

Shoden
03-29-2005, 06:56 PM
maybe the man in the wheelchair wants to use the head of Jenova to rebuild his body and gain power but somehow it doesnt happen it awakens and sephy returns