PDA

View Full Version : Ok... its time to get serious...

CloudSquallandZidane
08-03-2004, 07:05 AM
I want to get serious about knowing how to use my computer, people i hang out with think im some 1337 hacker or some crap, even when i tell them im not, and i feel like im some microsoft cattle with no way out!!! And no idea what i can do with this comp.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

So my question to every1 who uses Linux and programs or alters the programming of their OS, is where did u learn it and what books would u recommend to me, at a starting from the bottom level. Once i get the hang of it, i want to throw this Windows CD anyway for good.

Puh-leaze, help me remove this strangle hold Microsoft has around my neck!!!

Also any recommended Open-Source OS recommendations are welcome!

CloudSquallandZidane
08-03-2004, 05:12 PM
dont you think you already spend enough time inside?

Well inbetween the football team im on, lifting weights for the football team, parties i go to(*Once a week atleast, and NOT lan parties*), doing random manual labor for my job, and walking to all these places, i think i can commit a hour a day to reading a book. And maybe actually get something done over the summer.

ZeZipster
08-03-2004, 08:25 PM
CloudSquallandZidane, my advice would be to burn an active CD (www.linuxiso.org go to Knoppix and burn the .ISO file on to a CD), and boot off of that CD into Linux and test the waters a little bit first before you jump in. You may find that not having all the software of windows to be unbearable...