PDA

View Full Version : What I hate about going to fast-food restuarants.

Agent Proto
08-03-2004, 08:11 PM
When I order a drink and it's not self-served, they ALWAYS put more ice than necessary. That really annoys me, because then there's less than half to drink.

What do you hate when going to a fast-food restuarant?

ZeZipster
08-03-2004, 08:14 PM
I ask for no ice.

Armisael
08-03-2004, 08:14 PM
i hate waiting-for at least one hour-in the line to order.

Erdrick Holmes
08-03-2004, 08:18 PM
When the drive through woprker screams to get your attention.
"HI WELCOME TO BURGER KING, MAY I TAKE YOUR ORDER!"

When the idiots screw up your order, I always order a whopper with nothing but Ketchup on it and I half the time I get what I asked for but the other half they putt pickles, cheese, onions, everything <b>but</b> ketchup.

Question, I heard that ordering a burger with either one topping or nothing takes longer to make, why is that?

Agent Proto
08-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Question, I heard that ordering a burger with either one topping or nothing takes longer to make, why is that?

Because it's a special order? They usually have premade burgers with everything. If a customer asks specifically for no lettuce or just ketchup, they have to make that burger.

mr. anderson
08-03-2004, 08:30 PM
i hate it when i order at taco bell,because NOT ONCE have they gotten my order right.....NEVER

Shoeberto
08-03-2004, 08:34 PM
I hate ice in fountain drinks. It's already cold, and warm pop tastes better than watered-down pop.

I hate how Burger King keeps changing their combo menu. I'll scour the board (and I usually forget to wear my glasses, making it almost impossible) to see if they have anything regarding a double cheeseburger meal. None up there? Okay. "I'll have a double cheeseburger, fries, and a medium drink." "Would you like that as a meal?" "...*rape*"

I like going to Taco Bell, though. Three soft taco meal with a large drink. They've only screwed up my order once by making it supreme, which is gross because sour creme sauce is yuck.

Storm
08-03-2004, 08:39 PM
The whole concept of fast food irritates me, yet I still eat a lot of it.

I typically walk in and look at the other people in line and think to myself,"Wow, are we pathetic. We are so lazy that we cannot even prepare our own lunch or dinner." This dependence on fast food makes me feel like less of a person.

When I order a drink and it's not self-served, they ALWAYS put more ice than necessary. That really annoys me, because then there's less than half to drink.

Keep in mind that these employees are most likely hassled to death from their manager to conserve as much pop as possible. After all, these places are "barely" breaking even with profit. :rolleyes2

I have an interesting story that relates to this. My first job was working at a gas station, and at this job the manager allowed us to drink two free slurpees a day, while on duty. However, one girl drank more than two slurpees one day and was caught by the manager. He brought her into the office and told her that with things like that, he would not be able to feed his five year old son.

When the idiots screw up your order, I always order a whopper with nothing but Ketchup on it and I half the time I get what I asked for but the other half they putt pickles, cheese, onions, everything but ketchup.

It may seem simple to you, but the people serving you are battling their own sanity. Chances are, they don't want to be there. Fast food employees get paid worse than anybody else (in 1st world nations), and for that amount of money they probably don't care if you want your order specialized. On top of that, they have their managers making little things seem critical to the operation of society such as filling half your cup full of ice to save some fountain soda.

I do eat at fast food, but I almost feel guilty doing so. I know I could prepare my own dinner, and I don't like irritating the employees. It's unfortunate that these industries are required to create jobs for our heavily over populated countries. Otherwise, I would recommend that we all stop eating out.

Erdrick Holmes
08-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Also they now have Low Carb fries at the Burger King I go to, they might as well call them "low carb cardboard pieces." They got rid of their other fries and replaced them with these pieces of crap.

Meat Puppet
08-03-2004, 08:42 PM
They put more ice in because that way they waste less drink on your, but it still looks like you got more.

Jebus
08-03-2004, 08:43 PM
I used to work at one of those places and I really didn't give a damn. I still got the orders right though because I know how to READ. (There's a little monitor that says what to make.)

Anyway, the concept of making low-cal stuff mandatory is stupid. I WANT my fries dripping with fat, and I couldn't care less whether or not its healthy.

Phil
08-03-2004, 08:51 PM
I hate Taco Bell because they dont really seem to understand the concept of NO ONIONS...... :sweatdrop

Logan
08-03-2004, 09:04 PM
I always ask for no ice, just because the ice melts and the drink gets all watery.

I hate too many things. Read Fast Food Nation. >_>

Shlup
08-03-2004, 09:40 PM
I hate feeling half like I want to vomit, and half like I already am vomitting thanks to the nice grease coating.

chu52
08-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Burger King (here) has the tendency to overload their burgers with sauce: ie: 1 whopper, ten minitues later: "Just swim eventually you'll find the meat!"
Or Mcdonalds with their fries that are so thin and not potaoey that it would be better to chew on glass. Yep thats about all my greifs.

Misfit
08-03-2004, 09:50 PM
I hate that, too. >:O That's why

I ask for no ice.

m4tt
08-03-2004, 09:51 PM
i hate it when i order at taco bell,because NOT ONCE have they gotten my order right.....NEVER

Yeah, I've had that problem quite a few times.

I also hate the ice issue. I like ice in my soda, but I don't like it to be mostly ice.

What really bugs me is when the waiter/waitress comes over to ask you how everything is RIGHT as you are sticking a big ol bite of food in your mouth. I can't really answer so I just show them the food in my mouth and nod.

Kirobaito
08-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Everybody talks about how fastfood is bad, and they don't get orders right and stuff, and I have never experienced such a thing. It all depends on <i>where</I> you go. I never go to McDonald's or Burger King or Taco Bell when I can avoid it, because those places <i>are</i> disgusting. Instead, go to the good places like Wendy's, Jack in the Box, and Taco Bueno (Taco Bueno is heaven btw). They never screw up.

I hate that the bathrooms are dirty.

fire_of_avalon
08-04-2004, 12:47 AM
TODAY, right, my sister and I go to Burger King. We both have specific orders. Her sandwich = no tomatoes (because she's crazy) and my sandwich = no onions. Her's comes exactly right. MINE IS LOADED WITH THE DAMNED VEGATABLE. I was angry and sad at the same time.

Casey
08-04-2004, 12:52 AM
Thing I hate about eatting fast food is the suspicion of what if they spit in your food? :mog: The food is good though.

Del Murder
08-04-2004, 01:50 AM
That the Six Dollar Burger just tastes like a regular hamburger only bigger.

Yamaneko
08-04-2004, 02:02 AM
At least you don't get the kid making faces at you.

Calliope
08-04-2004, 02:45 AM
1) Guilt.
2) When you're hitting up a random FFR for caffiene, and you go fill up your cup and it tastes like BATTERY ACID because they haven't done something or other and you're drinking pretty much straight soda water and you go yell at the guy and the guy refuses to refund your money so you keep yelling at the guy and your boyfriend gets embarrassed and leaves but you insist on speaking to the manager who says it's against company policy to refund things but yelling at people is fun so you keep going and make them give you money when they don't want to.

Wait, that was fun :D

bennator
08-04-2004, 02:51 AM
I hate the fact that I feel like I just shortened my life by 10 minutes with every bite I take.

Trumpet Thief
08-04-2004, 03:36 AM
They take waaay to long. I also wish the food looked like what it did on the television screen. :(

Proxy
08-04-2004, 07:16 AM
Because it's a special order? They usually have premade burgers with everything. If a customer asks specifically for no lettuce or just ketchup, they have to make that burger.
*pif* we do not! (I work at a mcd's :cry: ) we (seriously now)
make everything from scratch...for the most part.

I hate the morons, who wake up at 6-8 in the morning on weekends, to come get breakfast...WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING? NOTHING'S OPEN AT THESE HOURS!!?!1/1/1!!!?1!1
I hate the lazy asses who get up from watching Jerry Springer to bring their welfare asses cause they are too lazy & stupid to work a stove, oven, or a microwave oven.
The people who finally get their bloody food-stamps and go to mcd's & order like 20 things at once so they can take them home, freeze them so they don't have to cook. Are you aware that its cheaper to go to the market & buy your own crap?
People who are rude to the employee's always bugged the hell outta me. one guy came through drivethrough, didnt get what he wanted, and called the girl a "fat stupid ass ugly b!tch", and WE aren't allowed to retaliate to that bullsheise. I tell you punks...mouth off to me like that, an I'll leap out that window at your poor ass.
and customers that yell at the employee's. You just make yourself look stupid.

my, and everyother fastfood employee rant...la la la la :laughing: :twak:

Rainecloud
08-04-2004, 07:16 AM
McDonalds have gotten my order right once in the past six months.

All the skallies/yobs seem to hang out there these days, so I try to keep away.

Resha
08-04-2004, 10:17 AM
I hate the fact that in McD's...you have to get your own ketchup...

>.< Why can't they give us those nice little packets??

sephxangel
08-04-2004, 11:13 AM
*pif* we do not! (I work at a mcd's :cry: ) we (seriously now)
make everything from scratch...for the most part.

I hate the morons, who wake up at 6-8 in the morning on weekends, to come get breakfast...WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING? NOTHING'S OPEN AT THESE HOURS!!?!1/1/1!!!?1!1
I hate the lazy asses who get up from watching Jerry Springer to bring their welfare asses cause they are too lazy & stupid to work a stove, oven, or a microwave oven.
The people who finally get their bloody food-stamps and go to mcd's & order like 20 things at once so they can take them home, freeze them so they don't have to cook. Are you aware that its cheaper to go to the market & buy your own crap?
People who are rude to the employee's always bugged the hell outta me. one guy came through drivethrough, didnt get what he wanted, and called the girl a "fat stupid ass ugly b!tch", and WE aren't allowed to retaliate to that bullsheise. I tell you punks...mouth off to me like that, an I'll leap out that window at your poor ass.
and customers that yell at the employee's. You just make yourself look stupid.

my, and everyother fastfood employee rant...la la la la :laughing: :twak:

Being that I work at Wendy's; I agree with everything you just said. You have to have alot of patience with people when they get angry...i've been yelled at by customers before and of course it bothers me but i need the job! i even had one guy in drive thru actually write on the notebook pad "YOU ARE NO GOOD!" I didn't get angry at that though, I just laughed and gave him a thumbs up. He got pissed off and drove off without his food even after he paid.

The fast food employee rant....yep that's sounds right.

FreaQaZoiD
08-04-2004, 11:29 AM
I hate the morons, who wake up at 6-8 in the morning on weekends, to come get breakfast...WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING? NOTHING'S OPEN AT THESE HOURS!!?!1/1/1!!!?1!1...
People who are rude to the employee's always bugged the hell outta me. one guy came through drivethrough, didnt get what he wanted, and called the girl a "fat stupid ass ugly b!tch", and WE aren't allowed to retaliate to that bullsheise.

I agree wiv the rest of this rant, cos i work in my parent's little business. It sells Charcoal Chickens off the spit, among burgers, fish, chips, sandwiches, salads + all those little extras.

Especially the bit about cheapasses who find the 10 min walk to be somewhat of a hassle, and bring their moronic attitudes and selves into the store demanding and not asking. Evri1 who acts so should be fscked sideways with pineapples. In the ass. Twice.

But i disagree with these two points.Ppl have a right to be up whenever they want and to order whatever they want at any particular time, as long as the business is open. And whenever you get an order wrong, expect to cop flak. Its a franchise, so customers are 'valued'. In my situation, working at my parents place, its well...family. And family looks after its own, so if one person if abused, we all take it personally, and a 'valued customer' will soon be an 'ex-valued customer'.

~~~ FreaQy-deeky

DMKA
08-04-2004, 05:00 PM
I hate how the people bitch about everything when no one is making them buy the food and shove in their fat face, much less even go to said fastfood place at all.

Oh that ice issue is a real pain the ass too.

And how the hell do you have "low carb" fries? What the hell are they made out of? They can't be potatoes.

Meow
08-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Hungry, hurried people are hungry, hurried people, and human service is human service. The fast food tradition is that neither side much upholds their responsibility in the bargain. i've met plenty of people unfairly nasty to workers, but then i've also met workers whose idea of good service is to pile pickles on a no-pickle order. Or to make sure ketchup-only is truly ketchup-only.

But as a fast food clerk, you are paid to put up with the public.

EDIT: Oh, and the thing i hate most about fast food is that it sucks.

Imperia
08-04-2004, 06:34 PM
When I say no mayonaisse, I say NO MAYONAISSE!!! I HATE it when I tell them that when I get a cheeseburger, and the stupid dorks do it anyway!! :mad2:

Breine
08-04-2004, 06:35 PM
I only hate to order in fast food restaurants in countries/Places where they don't really speak English that well. Clerks in Paris and in the Czech Republic have had problems understanding my English... BTW, I do speak understandable English :P