PDA

View Full Version : What would you say?

Pine
08-03-2004, 10:57 PM
This topic focuses on the negative comments on FFX-2. When I mean ''negative'', I mean the comments that ''r tYpEd lIk diS'' and the ones attack the game with shitty reasons like ''Omg!!1 yRp suxorz!!11 tHey lok lik slutz!!1''. What I'm going to do is post a ''negative'' comment one guy said on the game, it was quite stupid, your jobs are to post your beliefs against it, and your thoughts on a comment like this. Here we go ...

FFX-2 is the worst FF ever made! The game blows so hard! Why, I could make a better FF if I had the job! Square has lost it! They're just selling it for pervers and men who can't control their hormones. The characters are poor and underdeveloped, none of them change, they just stay the same. There is hardly any interaction between them. Why couldn't we have cool characters like Squall or Cloud? Instead we got three stupid, slutty lesbians!!! There is no story or plot, what's the point of the game? Nothing, the mini-games suck, so do the graphics! FFVII has better FMV's then this shit. Square really ruined the FF series with the game! However Advent of Children is totally going to blow this game out of the water!!!!.

square_is_the_best
08-03-2004, 11:58 PM
This is directed to the guy who said that:

The graphics are the same as X and no one called them bad. There are actually 3 different models for all of the charecters in X-2 instead of 2 in X. You are probably a pervert yourself for thinking the charecters are poorly developed. You probably just bought the game because of the cover. I don't think you even played X! Thats were the charecters were developed. And what are you smoking to think that the FMVs in VII are better than in X-2? Hell Shadow Hearts has better CGs than VII! You are just jealous that X got the first FF sequel and VII didn't. No on asked you to like this game so how bout you fix your grammar and shut up!

UltimateSpamGrover
08-04-2004, 12:33 AM
they made this game for poor people who cant afford FFXI

square_is_the_best
08-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Was it YOU who said that? Was it?!?!

Ultima Shadow
08-04-2004, 12:54 AM
*cough* I agree with the guy at some points *cough*
(No, I DON'T agree with everything that guy says... but he got some points...)
This game is a joke!
(Sorry FFX2 lovers)

Cloudane
08-04-2004, 01:04 AM
The post you quoted is a blatant troll, created only to invite flames whilst the author sits back and laughs. Some of the ideas raised aren't even down to stupidity, they're just plain and obvious trolling from someone who's trying to make negative comments about a game just to look cool to his little mates. However, here's my response.

--

First, I accept your proposal to develop your own FF game. Please let me know when it's done and where to download/buy it, and I'll review it accordingly.

There is no doubt that X-2 has elements of sex appeal in it. That's human nature, and the sooner you wake up to that fact, the better life will be for yourself :)
To counter though, take Yuna as an example. She's been liberated from the opressive Yevon and gets a chance to flaunt herself. Good! Who wouldn't? Like the other 2 characters (Rikku at least), they're expressing their femininity. It doesn't mean they're going to leap into bed with the nearest male character you can find - it just means... well, if you've got it (which most CG characters have) then flaunt it! Why not? Take a look outside. It's realistic.

The characters are very developed. Take Yuna, who started off in X as a slave of a false religion, constantly doing things for other people and never really looking after herself. She embarks on a suicide mission, *knowing* that it's a suicide mission, just to keep people happy for the short period whilst Sin regenerates. At the beginning of X-2 she's the complete opposite, sometimes even appearing *too* selfish. As the game progresses and the story unfolds, she can't help but to reluctantly bring in her previous instincts to help 'save the world'. However, in the end, whilst she no longer lies down and gets treated as a doormat like she did in FFX, she learns a healthy balance between caring for others and looking after No.1.

Rikku is Rikku, I'd have to agree she doesn't change much. Originally, Squenix planned to have a second spinoff based on "Rikku's Story" which I guess is why we get all that spiel from Yuna near the end when she says it's 'her turn' for a story next... and why they kept development to a minimum. Unfortunately the idea got scrapped, so it's up to our imaginations.

Paine started off as a mystery character, and the female equivalent of Squall from FF8. If you take the time (and *only* if you take the time) to explore the full story of the game, you see her haunting past relating to the Crimson Squad exercise and the 3 world leaders, and how she was affected by Shuyin's manipulation of her friends. You then get to watch her overcome this and become one of "the gals" and look forwards again.

That looks like character development to me, although you may have a point where Rikku is concerned.

Hardly any interaction? That's silly. They're a threesome that do everything together. Other than people falling into holes or the events at the beginning, I don't even recall seeing them apart.

Paine = Squall/Cloud. You have the character you requested. Like Squall and Cloud, she does grow up towards the end of the game, though.

I see no homosexuality between the 3... certainly Yuna is quite happy with Tidus, I guess the other 2 haven't been proven but I always got the impression that Tidus was the secret love that Rikku didn't dare talk about. They were very close in FFX.

"There is no story or plot" - umm... Vegnagun, Shuyin, Tidus, Yuna's Search, the 3 world leaders, Paine, The Guado and their fate, Maechen... any of those stories or plots ring a bell? Particularly the first few?

The point of the game is to tie up all the loose ends in the world by *thoroughly* completing all the missions, learn more about Spira, save the world, tell Shuyin about Lenne's feelings and find Tidus (if you choose). The main point, however, is to have FUN!

Of course the minigames suck, they always do. The only ones that didn't suck were in FF7.

The graphics are very well designed, and equal to FFX. Describe in less than 500 words *how* they suck, giving reasons and justifications. The same applies to the Full Motion Videos.

Please also explain why this game ruined the FF series, when nobody forced you or anybody else to play it, or insisted on a what ending to choose. In my view it gave the series the unique and refreshing change it needed, and breathed life into a series that was slowly ticking over the same sort of games.

Compare and contrast a game (FFX-2) with a movie (Advent Children) and explain why one can be judged better than the other.

Trumpet Thief
08-04-2004, 03:45 AM
I used to hate this game a lot, and although I still do not like it as a game, standing alone, it is pretty good. T'wasn't too much of a challenge, but the characters had developed quite a bit. Still, I found that I could love FFX more without FFX2; Still, I don't find it that horrible, and definetly not the worst RPG ever made.

Edit: Wait, the guy said that the graphics suck? Although I find graphics as the least important part of an RPG, as Storyline and Gameplay are way more important than that, the graphics were not horrible. Oh and as for saying that he could have done I better job, I would like him to try, really. Still, I didn't find this such a good game. Still, nothing too overly bad about it.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Was it YOU who said that? Was it?!?!

What if it was? You can't do anything about it

Ultima Shadow
08-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Paine = Squall/Cloud. You have the character you requested. Like Squall and Cloud, she does grow up towards the end of the game, though.

*cough* HOW CAN YOU COMPARE PAINE WITH CLOUD LIKE THAT!? *cough*
(seriously... Paine is nothing but an underdeveloped ant compared to Cloud.) :p
Ok, the major problem with the game is that it's nothing but a ripoff of charlies angels.

Pine
08-04-2004, 02:13 PM
What if it was? You can't do anything about it

Then why the hell you're claiming it wasn't you then in another topic? It makes no sense to say that then.

:rolleyes2

Giga Guess
08-05-2004, 02:56 AM
I liked it. What can I say? Despite what others have said, it has great plot, and is very involved, requiring one to put a great deal of effort forth to reap any rewards. And I gotta admit, the cheese factor was kinda fun, and a nice change of pace, ESPECIALLY from FFX's dire nature.

black orb
08-05-2004, 03:05 AM
However Advent of Children is totally going to blow this game out of the water!!!!.
>>> Haha, that comentary was stupid..
anyways I agree with the guy in some points.

square_is_the_best
08-05-2004, 03:06 AM
*cough* HOW CAN YOU COMPARE PAINE WITH CLOUD LIKE THAT!? *cough*
(seriously... Paine is nothing but an underdeveloped ant compared to Cloud.) :p
Ok, the major problem with the game is that it's nothing but a ripoff of charlies angels.

If X-2 was a stand alone RPG, I would actually say that Paine is the MOST developed charecter.

Giga Guess
08-05-2004, 03:09 AM
Actually, yeah. She starts with nothing known about her, but her name, and if you play the game through properly, you learn a great deal about her.

Ultima Shadow
08-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Yea, but she's nothing compared to CLOUD!!!!

UltimateSpamGrover
08-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Then why the hell you're claiming it wasn't you then in another topic? It makes no sense to say that then.

:rolleyes2

I never said it was mine, because it isnt

ninja-yuffie
08-05-2004, 02:29 PM
this game is for the people who just havn't botherd to play any of the other games i think is cos they think it will be rubbish cos of the graphics.
GRAPHICS ARN'T EVERYTHING

Jolts
08-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Ya'll who don't like FFX-2 should look at sequals the way I do, as a totally brand new game. Forget almost everything that the first one showed you, and only remember the important crap (like Ending Tidus being a dream and disappearing at the end). That guy in the quote was looking for a near identicle game to FFX, and that would just be friggin' boring.
The only sequal that deserves to be locked away in a vault to never be seen again, that I can think of, is Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter. The Breath Of Fire games are known to be completely different from their predecessor, but this one is just crap all out. In order to get some doors to open up, you have to start the game over, from the very beginning, and I just simply don't want to waist my time doing that (I've played the game, and got pretty far, then got bored).

Whoa, I got into rambling about something else :lol:, sorry. Anyway, FFX-2 was awesome, and those who don't like it should just shut up about it and continue on with their lives.

Trumpet Thief
08-05-2004, 08:31 PM
this game is for the people who just havn't botherd to play any of the other games i think is cos they think it will be rubbish cos of the graphics.
GRAPHICS ARN'T EVERYTHING

Yes, graphics aren't everything. But, still, just because a game has good graphics, someone just assumes that players like it only for that. I love the older FFs, and a lot of the newer ones too, but graphics are just a small thing compared to gameplay and storyline etc.

square_is_the_best
08-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Graphics aren't everything but I'd rather play a PS2 FF than say a NES FF. I'm not saying the NES FFs are bad. I'm just saying that I'd rather enjoy the fruits of today's technology over yesterdays news.

Vaprice
08-05-2004, 11:18 PM
Although my love for FFX and FFX-2 arent very high, you must still admit they are FF games, bad ones but stillthey are in a series of ledgendary games. Games that will be remembered forever *or not forever but for a long time*

The games both had some pretty bad errors. It is a 'joke' but still somewhat okay. The blitzball stuff in FFX didn't even compare to FFX-2. That was bascially the only thing that got me excited. But it sucked. *sorry to say that*

The graphics were good. the music *or at least most of it* sucked big time. I put on my CD player and listened to other music after like a week.

Characters overall were okay. Tidus the main character was...well...pathetic. Only girls at anime conventions would dress themselves up like him. I doubt many guys would because he is the worst leading character ever. *not to offend everyone that loved him**and Square Enix*

But it was just an okay game. I have nothing againts FFX, but FFX-2 could have been better. Seeing as they were in the process of creating FFVII-Advent Children and FFXII. I could see why it wasn't going to be the ebst ever. It was okay. Thank you for your time. And I am sorry if I have offended anyone here. Please accept my appology.