PDA

View Full Version : Yo Quiero Taco Bell. I mean, Ability Points.

Martyr
08-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Right. We all know about that cave where there are only nut eaters, who are very weak and provide 2 or 3 ability points per battle. We also know that there are the grey (Or whatever) nut eaters who can only be killed by strange means (Element, maybe), and they'll give five ability points.
Also, in the bowels of N-Zone, there are enemies who can give up to 80 ability points, but, of course, that's sort of late in the game.

Is there anywhere else where I can upgrade my classes faster? Because All these 1 point fights get old when you're just trying to up somebody who's got 60 points to 100, and you just want to see what's next before class changing...

zddbmb
08-04-2004, 02:57 PM
um... how far r u in the game?

omnitarian
08-04-2004, 05:48 PM
The statues in Bal Castle's basement give good ABP, and can easily be offed by lv. 5 Doom or Odin. Otherwise, the crystal areas of the final level give plenty of ABP.

Martyr
08-04-2004, 11:29 PM
um... how far r u in the game?

It doesn't matter. I've played before, and I'm only in the beginning now. I'm not really impatient yet, of course. I'm just asking about locations other than what I've mentioned.

Thanks Omni, btw. When I reach this Bal castle (I haven't played in a long freaking time, so I don't temember much), I'll check out the statues.

Sabotender
08-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I train my Ap's in the end of the game, the stage just before the last boss, where the save-point is.I just buy 99 tents and go there. With just 1 fight you get 30 Ability points. Sometimes there attacks "Movers". If you kill them you get 199(!!!) Ability points and 150.000 to 200.000 Gp!!But they are really rare to meet.Fight Behemot and that Chimaera thing with Odin (True Edge), easy 30 points.The other enemys are easy too and brings you as I said 30 points.

Martyr
08-29-2004, 03:32 AM
It's kind of late in the game, but I found that you can get awesome ability points in the underwater dungeon where the fourth tablet is.
Every encounter there gives 6 ABP a shot and they're really easy monsters to kill (Except precious few). Also, theres a room in there with a high encounter rate where all you fight is a single enemy. (Some kind of fighter). You can knock him out in 3 hits easy, and then you get 5 ABP. (Note: For the record, this enemy uses Build-Up like a monk. You gotta get in those attacks before he hits your for 5000 damage, but you should be able to handle that.) I just walked around and got about a hundred ABP in a little over 5 minutes (Which ain't too bad).
A lot easier than Bal castle, and you don't have to worry about Lv.5 Doom running out.

Also, though I didn't hang there much, the underwater cave in the second world, that takes you to where you can find the single female chocobo and Shoat, there's monsters that provide 4 or 5 ABP there.

Also, in the beginning, at the Pirate ship, There are enemies who give 2 ABP in most encounters and there is a common encounter with 2 golems where you can receive 3 ABP. These sound like low numbers compared to what you can get at the very end of the game, but, in the beginning, when you only need 10-45 ABP to get into heavy class leveling, it's pretty good. And once you get up a few levels, the monsters are very easy to defeat. I pretty much went and leveled there when I wanted to level between the levels of 7 and 18, and I probably made 10 times the ABP because the battles were faster, they provided more ABP per, and they were easier. And IF you do get hurt there, the room is right next to four beds (Like a free inn) and a save point. It's an awesome spot in the beginning. Especially if you want to get everybody those key skills right away (Lv. 3 White & Black magic, BothHand, Brawl, Passages etc...)

If I find anything else, I'll let you know, but I doubt I will because I'm entering N-Zone. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but it really is hard to find groups of monsters that provide high ABP points early in the game. The monsters in the late Dungeons already give at least 4 ABP per fight, and it's only going to get higher. But there's no point, really, in doing research now. The high ABP rated in N-Zone are simply for helping you reach maximum strength before the final battle (Which is far too kind of the programmers, but I ain't complaining).

Sabotender
08-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Hm..In the castle (I dont know how its name was ,where you can get Odin with that locked door) there are that stone statues attacking. There are attacking about 6 of them in each fight.If you just use "Soft" on them they will die and you get about 9 points per fight. If you are fast they cant attack before you kill them. I does this a long time and if my Soft's are out I just bought 99 and went there again.