PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Zone In Sonic 1.

Rainecloud
08-04-2004, 08:26 PM
An age-old question but a very important one nonetheless.

Which "Sonic 1" Zone is your personal favourite, and why?

- Green Hill Zone (jump on spring, loop the loop...)
- Marble Zone (avoid falling spikes and bats, burn yourself in lava...)
- Spring Yard Zone (*boing*)
- Labyrinth Zone (get stuck, die, get stuck, drown, start over...)
- Starlight Zone (nice music, annoying bomb enemies, easy boss...)
- Scrap Brain Zone (silly cogwheels, evil electricity and big jumps...)
- Final Zone (that annoying Robotnik boss...)

Please vote in the poll provided. =)

chu52
08-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Green hill zone!

Cz
08-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Green Hill was just too basic to be fun. The badniks were simple, the boss utterly pointless, and there was generally no challenge.

Marble was more fun, and what's more, knocked the difficulty up a tad. Surfing fire was a bit tedious at times, but that's the only real complaint.

Spring Yard was great, if you had the patience to rack up the points. I didn't. I got trapped between bumpers, stuck in spike 'bowls', and hit by those infernal rollers. On the plus side, the boss was easy.

I loathe and detest Labyrinth Zone. The countdown music strikes fear into my soul to this very day. I take great pleasure from passing this level, as it's plain sailing from here on.

Star Light is a great level. It's quite easy, the music is nice and the boss is great fun to play. Almost my favourite, but not quite.

Scrap Brain is another enjoyable level. It's hard to get the hang of, but great fun to play once you know what you're doing. It has traps and features that aren't seen elsewhere in the game, but is let down by
Act 3, which seemed totally out of place to me, and upset the flow of the game. A shame, sinceit is otherwise a great level.

And now Final Zone. This has it all. It's quite a challenge, but not so much so that it becomes annoying. The music and scenery are great, and the boss is decent, if a little unoriginal. Without a doubt my favourite level of Sonic The Hedgehog. :)

*expects a Sonic 2 thread soon*

08-04-2004, 08:55 PM
not trying to sound like a stupid-head but favorite is spelled
F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E..... :tongue:, haha just kidding...

Rainecloud
08-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Scrap Brain is another enjoyable level. It's hard to get the hang of, but great fun to play once you know what you're doing. It has traps and features that aren't seen elsewhere in the game, but is let down by
Act 3, which seemed totally out of place to me, and upset the flow of the game. A shame, sinceit is otherwise a great level.

I really enjoyed Act 3, and I thought it added an unusual (and welcome) twist to the game. However, I only think this because I enjoyed the Labyrinth Zone so much. I think the game makers decided to surprise and scare us with the daunting looking zone as a final challenge before the last boss.

not trying to sound like a stupid-head but favorite is spelled
F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E..... :tongue:, haha just kidding...

And your favourite zone is...?

Xander
08-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Thank you for a great topic Rainecloud =D

My favourite is Starlight Zone mostly cos I loved the music xD But in terms of entire level probably..Marble Zone, I quite liked.

Yrkoon
08-04-2004, 10:19 PM
marble zone is my favourite one i love the music on it plus its all nice an purple :P

Rainecloud
08-05-2004, 07:37 AM
Seen as everyone seems to love the music from Starlight Zone...

*attaches*

Maxico
08-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Wasn't there a jungle zone? and I thought there were 8 zones. One for each emerald and all.

My favorite is the starlight zone because I was only little when I first got the game and I was so proud when I managed to get that far :Þ

I need to dig my old mega drive up. Its got all the original sonics (and a game called doctor robotniks mean bean machine, dont ask)

Imperia
08-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Hm. It might be the Marble Zone, but I'm not sure.

Rainecloud
08-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Wasn't there a jungle zone? and I thought there were 8 zones. One for each emerald and all.

My favorite is the starlight zone because I was only little when I first got the game and I was so proud when I managed to get that far :Þ

I need to dig my old mega drive up. Its got all the original sonics (and a game called doctor robotniks mean bean machine, dont ask)

The Jungle Zone might have been in the inferior Sega Master System version of Sonic the Hedgehog, which is actually quite different from the Genesis/Megadrive version.

Maxico
08-05-2004, 05:40 PM
heh, that brings me back.
My first two games ever were on the master system. I had sonic 1 and choplifter. shame though. I liked the jungle zone.