PDA

View Full Version : Culix

CrimsonD
08-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Hey guys I wasn't sure where to post it so I just did it here. In Super Mario RPG ( One of the best games ever ) there was a special boss character named culix or culex or cuelix like that. He had those elemental crystals things and was tied for hardest boss in the game. I was wondering which FF game he is in? Could any of you give me some info on him?

chu52
08-04-2004, 09:14 PM
General gaming, this belongs in general gaming

Lord Xehanort
08-04-2004, 09:19 PM
General Gaming Discussion, to be more specific.

As for this Culix guy, I've played 7, 8, 9, 10 and 10-2 and never heard of him. I doubt he'd be in an FF title since FF belongs to SquareEnix and SMB belongs to Nintendo.

Jebus
08-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah. He's not in any Final Fantasy. The only things the battle has in common with the Final Fantasy series are the four crystals, and the victory music.

This goes in General Gaming as previously stated.

fire_of_avalon
08-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Mod whores :D But yeah, what they said. I've never played this game. Where did it come from?

Trumpet Thief
08-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Well, I am a Super Mario RPG freak so maybe I might be of some help. Firstly, Culex is only in Super Mario RPG. Just because he has FFIV's boss theme and that he is a dark knight doesn't mean he is from that series. He is only seen in Super Mario RPG. Oh yeah, and they threw the FF victory theme when you beat him in just for kicks.

EDIT: Sorry If I'm sounding a bit rude. And yes, it is one of the best games ever.

Jolts
08-05-2004, 08:59 PM
He's from Final Fantasy 0, the one that never existed :lol:. The elemental crystals, however, could be from one of the Final Fantasies (like FFV), but probably not.

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Just to rectify a comment made earlier, SMRPG is made by Nintendo AND Squaresoft. Joint effort. And yeah, Culex is a unique enemy, made in Amano's artwork style, or something like that. But the crystals are a definate FF throwback (4, 5 and Mystic Quest AT LEAST!), and the battle and victory themes are a throwback to FF4.