PDA

View Full Version : The Flecktones

nik0tine
08-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Has anybody heard of a band called Bela Fleck and the Flecktones? Also, has anybody heard of their bass player Victor Wooten? He is amazing. Definetly one of the best bass players alive. I suggest everyone with even a slightly ecletic taste in music check out this band. It's a strange mix of jazz and bluegrass, and sometimes funk, but it all fits together very nicely. The band also happens to be filled with some of the greatest musicians around. Anyways, has anybody heard of these guys? If so, what do you think? If not, what are you waiting for!? Open up your illegal downloading program and steal some of their music!

GhandiOwnsYou
08-05-2004, 04:33 AM
wow, as bizzare as it may seem...i heard one of aforementioned bassists solo's just the other, via a friends illegal MP3 collection. He sounds a bit like Bootsy collins, playing at Fieldys typical speed. It's right incredible. But my Philosophy is, if i haven't heard of the band, they need money for more studio time, so i should buy there CD's. now, Metallica and Pink Floyd have got plenty o cash....so burn away.

Edit: Damn, i just lucked out and found one of there Cd's at and FYE nearby. some guy ordered it and never picked it up. Beast beast band, sorta dave mathews sounding, but with a jazzy funk edge to it, and much less vocally based.