PDA

View Full Version : my games not working

Cloud Strife.
08-05-2004, 02:37 AM
im replaying ff7 and ive just made it to cosmo canyon and whenever i go to the hologram thing someone says look a shooting star and the game freezes and the disk stops spinning could someone tell me what to do

X-Death
08-17-2004, 01:17 AM
Try cleaning the C-D under some Cold Water and if that does not work, try useing a C-D Cleaner. If that does not work, then I would bring it in for Repair at Best Buy and let them take a look at it or if that does not work, then you will just have to Buy another Copy of the game.. It only Cost about maybe 13.00$ at Best Buy or Walmart or Toys 'R' Us. If you have any questions, just Email me at ScottBF4@hotmail.com and one more thing, I would preffer not to But it off Ebay because there are alot of people there who would like to Rip you off. :) Goodluck.

TasteyPies
08-17-2004, 01:45 AM
Walmart is good. Any other major store will only have 9,10,10-2 and 11

Trust me, I hunted for months and decided to just order it online...STILL NOT HERE YET..tommorow maybe

X-Death
08-17-2004, 02:10 AM
Hmm.. :mad:

Jolts
08-17-2004, 03:13 AM
Video game specific places like Game Spot or Electronic Boutique commonly have used versions (and I'm pretty sure they test them to see if they work). Game Spot is sometimes known as Funco Land (and something else, but I can't remember).

Also, if your PS(2) lens is dusty, try cleaning it too (of course, if the lens is dusty, then the rest of the inside is also dusty, and you should blow all that dust out). Or if it's the PC version, try cleaning the lens for the disc reader if you can.

TasteyPies
08-17-2004, 01:14 PM
But why get a used one when you can order online NRFB? .....oh...yeah waiting for 4-10 days for it to arrive.

Chris
08-17-2004, 01:56 PM
I buy all my games at EBgames.com, they have all (almost) all of the Final Fantasy games, and they're very cheap as well.

Jolts
08-17-2004, 05:20 PM
I got my copy of FFVII slightly used for $10 when it was still costing at least $30. 'Course, I got it from a guy at school who only played until the part where Cloud dresses up like a girl, and he didn't really want the game anymore :D.

X-Death
08-17-2004, 08:16 PM
Heh.. :)

Chris
08-17-2004, 08:55 PM
I never buy my games used, mainly because I don't know how good the quality of the game is. PLUS; if I buy it used I don't feel like its my game, just that I've rented it. I want my own, my own, my own, my new and own game, new not used...I don't like 'em used, just new.
New is always better and worth the extra money spended. New not used, I like 'em new and NOT used :D :D :D :D

Executioner321123
03-21-2005, 05:36 PM
I know this thread is ages old, but to anyone with a similar problem coming across it (like I did):
There's no need to buy a new copy of the game, simply download a savefile from an archive somewhere (there are many) that puts you only slightly in front of that part of Cosmo Canyon (so you don't miss much of the story), and then use a savestate editor to change your stats back to how they were. Otherwise, you're wasting your money.