PDA

View Full Version : What is the easiest way to beat that dumb Ruby Weapon

braver_cloud_strife
08-05-2004, 04:38 AM
Okay I have tried the easiest way to beat the Ruby Weapon I think and still I have failed. Supposedly the easiest way is to use Cait Sith but, everytime I use his limit break I can never get the slots to allign in the correct order so can someone give me some tips or tell me how you can beat that stupid thing. :mad2:

-N-
08-05-2004, 04:40 AM
1. Kill two people and go into battle. Ruby's claws automatically go down.
2. Summon Phoenix.
3. W-Summon Hades+KoR. Hades Stops Ruby, KoR deals damage. Mime it.

Ed, Edd n' Eddy
08-05-2004, 04:40 AM
Me? Well I haven't a clue but I posted here cus' your my friend MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jolts
08-05-2004, 09:26 AM
You could also try the same tactic that people are starting to use on Emerald WEAPON.

Get Cloud at full limit with Omnislash. Then, attach 8 Mime+Counter combination (Ultima Weapon and Wizard Bracelet for 16 slots total). As soon as you can (and after Ruby burries his claws), use Omnislash. Every time you get attacked after that, you'll possibly counter it with 8 Omnislashes (some of them may not work, but most of them should, having them MASTERed helps a lot).

This method will involve a lot of time, though, because MASTERing Mime seven times will take a long time, and so will MASTERing seven or eight Counters. The best way to get a lot of AP fast is to fight a lot of Magic Pots or Movers (Magic Pots are worth 1000AP each, and Movers (which always come in threes, and are very easy to beat) are worth 800AP each for a total of 2400 per Mover battle).
If I remember correctly, both of these enemies can be found when you turn right at the first intersection. Also, the Magic Pots can only be killed if you give them an Elixer first. If you know the W-Item item duplication trick, use it. If you don't, and don't want to, then you can steal Elixers from Master Tonberries (little, green creatures with stars above their heads). Master Tonberries can also be morphed into Ribbons, which are useful for protecting you from the Magic Pot's Bad Mouth attack.

---EDIT---
If you make any other action after using Omnislash, Cloud'll mimck that instead, and Ruby will counter KOTR with Ultima every time it's used, unless he's paralyzed by Hades first.

Zante
08-05-2004, 10:17 AM
The easiest way is to paralize it with dazers over and over again. You will need the W-item materia so you don't run out of them. Having the elemental+fire materia in armor and a lot of megaelixirs helps too.

Ultima Shadow
08-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Okay I have tried the easiest way to beat the Ruby Weapon I think and still I have failed. Supposedly the easiest way is to use Cait Sith but, everytime I use his limit break I can never get the slots to allign in the correct order so can someone give me some tips or tell me how you can beat that stupid thing. :mad2:
*Cheap cheater alert!*
Ok, seriously... why do you want to beat him anyway if it's not because you want a hard battle?

Mo-Nercy
08-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Ruby Weapon is in fact much easier than Emerald because he is vulnerable to a status effect. Use to Hades to stop him and then KOTR + Mime until he's gone.

You can get KOTR by getting a gold chocobo and going to the north-eastern little island that kinda looks like an extinct volcano.

(I just realised how long it's been since I've played. I forgot how to get Mime)

BG-57
08-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Don't forget also that pairing Final Attack with Revive, allows you to revive 5 times (assuming both are mastered).

Jolts
08-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Revive + Phoenix lets you revive with full HP and attack the enemy at the same time (more MP costly though).

Mime is in one of the four special cave thingies. I think it's the one on the western island (need a Green, Black, or Gold chocobo).

Zante
08-06-2004, 07:50 AM
But Phoenix would heal Ruby, as his attack is fire elemental.

Jolts
08-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Ruby absorbs fire? It's been a while, I didn't remember.

UltimaLimit
08-07-2004, 12:09 AM
As I recall, Ruby absorbs every element. I heard Dazers will paralyze him but I haven't tried it.

Giga Guess
08-07-2004, 02:15 AM
Here's how I did it. Two characters with Master Summon (Yeah, I'm a sucker for punishment...), and one designated healer (W-Item may help on him/her). I had only one W-Summon, so I had Cloud W-Summon Hades/KoTR, or KoTRx2 if he's still paralysed, and the other cast Hades or KoTR as needed. Have the item master use a Megalixer, or attack, if you so desire. Battle ended in fairly short time.

aeris2001x2
08-07-2004, 02:30 AM
1. Kill two people and go into battle. Ruby's claws automatically go down.
2. Summon Phoenix.
3. W-Summon Hades+KoR. Hades Stops Ruby, KoR deals damage. Mime it.

thats my tactic. but i would add that Hades sumtimes dont work, stop does not last very long and he counters KOR with Ultima. for this eventuality make sure u have a Mystile armour on and 99% of the time Ultima will miss.

plus i prefer to leave my other ppl dead and solo Cloud him :)

Giga Guess
08-07-2004, 02:38 AM
I don't think Hades ever failed me...

aeris2001x2
08-07-2004, 02:48 AM
it fails me at least once every two fights and i,m always battling him. many ppl/sites worth there salt also say this.

though its still the best ruby tactics, its not flawless. your probably lose 1 out of every 1000 fights with this method.

Raistlin
08-07-2004, 03:47 AM
Here's how I did it. Two characters with Master Summon (Yeah, I'm a sucker for punishment...), and one designated healer (W-Item may help on him/her). I had only one W-Summon, so I had Cloud W-Summon Hades/KoTR, or KoTRx2 if he's still paralysed, and the other cast Hades or KoTR as needed. Have the item master use a Megalixer, or attack, if you so desire. Battle ended in fairly short time.
You mastered KotR and didn't master W-Summon? Heh

You shouldn't need to use W-Item for this battle. W-Summon, Hades, KotR, and Mime are really all you need. Well, Revive-All(or Phoenix, though that uses more MP), to revive the two characters you killed before the battle. After that, it's pretty straight forward.

Or, just use dazers to paralyze Ruby, as one person suggested. W-Item would help to use two items at once(could paralyze and heal in same turn), but you don't need to use the glitch with it. Then, just W-Summon KotR and then mime it. Shouldn't be too hard.