PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 8 cities should have still stayed open after beating the game

braver_cloud_strife
08-05-2004, 04:46 AM
I wanna know how many people were unhappy with the fact that when you beat Final Fantasy 8 most of the places close down. I also wanna know how many people wanna have a sequel to Final Fantasy 8 with better graphics and maybe keep the same story line but, make it so you can do a bit more things.

TheAbominatrix
08-05-2004, 05:04 AM
I didnt care much.

And do you mean a sequel or a remake? A sequel would have nothing to go on, everything was wrapped up nicely at the end. A remake would be dumb, I dont see why people get so uppity about graphics. Not to mention that, if they're going to graphically remake something, why not an old game, instead of such a recent one? And let's say they do redo VIII in the current graphics, what about when graphics improve even more so?

Ed, Edd n' Eddy
08-05-2004, 05:14 AM
I have never played FF8 but I am unhappy about the town thing..............................................I guess.

braver_cloud_strife
08-05-2004, 05:19 AM
That is my bad about the whole thing they should change the story line and add better graphics and maybe a couple of new characters. If they did make a sequel tho I do suggest they don't make it where you can't go into the cities after you beat it cuz it is annoying.

Wilder
08-05-2004, 05:18 PM
jaja the worst detail in the entire game, the cities are there like in a bubble jail, do you imagine the people inside " hey Help us, ultimecia donīt let us get out of this city, waaa !", Square should have erased them for that part of the game or at least show them destroyed and desolated, but the worst thing Iīve ever seen in a FF is that Chocobo mini-game just at the end , itīs a joke ??? :mad2:

Big D
08-07-2004, 07:31 AM
jaja the worst detail in the entire game, the cities are there like in a bubble jail, do you imagine the people inside " hey Help us, ultimecia donīt let us get out of this city, waaa !"Ultimecia compressed time, so those cities were actually overlapped version of those cities, with elements and people and events from many different parts of history, all wrapped into one. That'd be a seriously difficult effect to create, and it'd make even less sense if the party could visit these cities and tell everyone what's going on. Chances are there'd be a few others willing to fight back, if it was possible. In my opinion, the sealing of the cities represents part of Ultimecia's goal - to rule over all life. She's compressed time and brought together countless versions of all these people, now she's got them under her control.

Zante
08-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Or Square was just lazy. :D

Jolts
08-07-2004, 08:22 AM
Sure, I didn't like it any, but at least there's that Call Shop ability of Tonberry's.

Az Lionheart
08-07-2004, 12:16 PM
WE WANT A SEQUAL
wel...i do :D

UltimateSpamGrover
08-07-2004, 01:08 PM
just like in FF9 where you can barely go anywhere at the end of the game

Renzokuken_RedDragon
08-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Be perfectly honest, what would you actually do in said towns? With Tonberry on your side you don't need to go into the towns anyway. You want to stay clear of Balamb anyway, with that dodgy fish...

In FFIX it is a bit more annoying though... but thats not the point, this is an FFVIII section.

Jolts
08-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Well, there are certain side quests that get you really good prizes, but they're only open if the cities are. That leaves a small window of opportunity for the ones that open up near the end of disc three, and if you forget one of them, then you're SOL.

GhandiOwnsYou
08-08-2004, 03:45 AM
yeah, it was a bit iffy, becaue in every other FF (i THINK 9, it's been a while) you could get right up to the boss in the last dungeon and then go...welllll.....MAAAAAAAAAAAAAYBEEEEEEE i want to go do EVERY side quest in the game now. though, if your FF skilled you can tell quite easy that the s is about to hit the fan before you got to lunatic pandora, so theres not much excuse for getting locked out. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but can't you still do deep sea research center?

And for the record, sequal: yes. Remake: NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. and with altered storylines and extra characters? My GOD man, how can you even think it!!!! *shakes head in shame*

disapointedchild
08-08-2004, 04:11 AM
And for the record, sequal: yes. Remake: NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. and with altered storylines and extra characters? My GOD man, how can you even think it!!!! *shakes head in shame*

You coundn't be more right, or could you... *ponders the thought*

As for cities staying open, if they did, the whole thought of time compression would be gone. Anyways, we got tonberry.

Ouch!
08-08-2004, 04:36 AM
I don't know about you, but with the constant mentions of time compression approaching, I went and finished up everything I could before I moved on. I didn't exactly know that the cities were going to be blocked, but I had a feeling that there wasn't going to be much to do except infiltrate Ultimecia's castle.

Like others have said, if you have the Tonberry GF, you're perfectly fine. I don't know, but I also think you can still get Tonberry after time compression too. Not sure though, it's been a while since I played through.

Warning: spoilers below.

About a sequel: no. Like somebody said, the whole plot was tied up. We know what is going to happen: Ultimecia is going to come around somehow and all the SeeDs are going to die fighting her until there's nothing left, at which point, through time compression, Squall and the gang will show up and kill Utlimecia. But that's only what would happen if time works like I think it does.

If I'm correct, Ultimecia never completed complete time compression. However, because they defeated her while time was compressing she may have been wiped from existance throughout time and space. However, if this was the case, none of the events of FFVIII would have happened because since Ultimecia no longer existed, Edea would have never been possessed and the whole sorceress ordeal would never have happened. Then again, I might just be confusing myself because I have nothing better to do.

Making a remake with a different plot would be pointless. It would be a completely different game, and if you're going to go that far, you might as well just make a completely different game with different characters and a different world.

Zante
08-08-2004, 07:00 AM
It's not the shops I missed. It wouldn't bother me if the cities were removed completly, but if they stayed there, they should be accesible. :mad: It would be even better if comletely new cities and places would appear instead of them.

Jolts
08-08-2004, 08:55 AM
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but can't you still do deep sea research center?
Yes, you can.

I also think you can still get Tonberry after time compression too
Yes, you can.

You can also get Odin, if you missed him before, but you'll miss out on Gilgamesh.

Wilder
08-08-2004, 02:32 PM
With Square you never know , Iīve never aproved a FF X sequel , I would like to see a VII sequel , but they make a movie about it , I WANT to see a FVIII movie with all the explanation about R=U ( Who not ?), they are Using the FF name like crazy , I donīt even know whatīs going on with before crisis, Cell Phones ?, God !. I donīt aprove any sequel on any FF game really because it kills the magic that it leave you in the end , see, Advent children was a perfect move , Itīs a 1 hour movie , just a little taste. About the Cities in FFVIII, It wasnīt a good idea to block them, lack of realism.

SeeDRankLou
08-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Or Square was just lazy. :D

Or maybe the extraordinaryily long FMV sequence at the end of the game just took up a lot of space on the fourth disc. And instead of cutting the ending short (which I'm so glad they didn't), they cut the cities. But since you have access to anyplace that doesn't have people in it (i.e. the Centra Ruins, the Deep Sea Research Lab, the Chocobo Sanctuary, ect), I'm going to have to go with what BigD said.

bluBob
08-12-2004, 10:14 AM
I saw a sight somewhere that they were planninng on making a sequel to FFVIII, but it was going to be about seipher, I think they canned it though.

Yeah...here is a sight about it.
http://terror.snm-hgkz.ch/mirrors/www.thegia.com/news/n990401b.html

I found a lot of other saying it was a fake though...

TheAbominatrix
08-12-2004, 10:17 AM
I saw a sight somewhere that they were planninng on making a sequel to FFVIII, but it was going to be about seipher, I think they canned it though.

That's a rumor. A false one at that.

SeeDRankLou
08-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Oh that site was funny. Someone with a gameshark and a lot of time. No new FMV shots. No new music. No new moves (Seifer used the Moomba summon, Rajin used Full-Cure and Fujin used Rapture). Hell, that battle scene mpeg used the same background as the original. The only thing that might have been new was the pictures of Rajin and Fujin in the junction switch screen. Oh some people.

TasteyPies
08-12-2004, 09:17 PM
I would buy it.

Wilder
08-13-2004, 01:16 AM
I would buy it too, to find R=U explanation, but that Gaiden thing shouldnīt be called VIII-2 ?, If this is just a joke thereīs is people with really serious mental problems with tiem to make things like this.