PDA

View Full Version : Shinra's future (spoiler)

Lubasha
08-05-2004, 06:38 AM
Spoiler: Did anyone pay attention to Shinra's blah-blah in Chapter 5? He goes something like "There was such strong force on the Farplane. I think it is the lifeforce of our planet running through it. If someone could harness the energy we could build a city of many lights" or something like that, i don't have the exact text. Remind you of anything?

eternalshiva
08-05-2004, 09:50 AM
lots of rumours about it's connection to seven. I read that in an interview but don't hold me to it, I'm fuzzy on it.

Jolts
08-05-2004, 10:00 AM
After that, Yuna says something like, "Wouldn't it be great if we could make a city that never sleeps with that energy?" Sounds like Midgar, to me. Or Esthar, from Final Fantasy VIII.

eternalshiva
08-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Ahh yes, he goes on to say something like the sent people's energy could be harvested, made me think of Mako energy right away.

Jolts
08-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Plus, just look at the kid's name. SHINRA, I personally don't think that was an accident.

Vaprice
08-05-2004, 11:30 PM
The irony of Square. It really sounds like it hints that. FFVII or FFVIII. Good paying attention.

aeris2001x2
08-06-2004, 08:36 PM
lol, that kid founded the greatest empire of all time? sounds pretty cool.

though i think Square are doing this on purpose 2 drive the fanboys/girls crazy over a possible connection and making us want 2 buy advent children more. i dont believe they are the same planet.

Carnage
08-06-2004, 09:27 PM
they like using names over and over again like cid.

square_is_the_best
08-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Possible spoilers

But the Promised Land is supposed to look like a field of flowers and has a ton of Mako energy. I kinda thought of the Farplane Gle. Looks like a field of flowers...where Shinra detected the energy in the first place.. Anyone?

Cloudane
08-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Just Square fooling around, a bit like when Zidane spots the Buster Sword in a shop and says "I remember a guy with spiky hair who used one of those"... there's no meaning behind it, as it's well known that the worlds are intended *not* to be connected in any way :)

square_is_the_best
08-07-2004, 01:23 AM
You never know. My friend and I were talking about it and we were thinking that one day Square will show us how all the FFs are connected and how stupid we were for not noticing it before.

Giga Guess
08-07-2004, 01:55 AM
It actually does make sense. Heh.

Carnage
08-07-2004, 02:49 AM
10 > 10-2 > 7 > 9

OMG its a conspiracy!!!
Damn forgot 8.......From this point on there never was an eight!
SILENCE

Jolts
08-07-2004, 07:12 AM
FFVIII's time compression thing screws up and fuses all FF worlds into one. BATTLE ROYAL!!

That'd actually be pretty neat, especially if they did it SSBM style, for the free roaming.

Mo-Nercy
08-07-2004, 09:27 AM
I wouldn't get overly excited about this. After all, FFIX had references to every FF game before it. You don't see people claiming that Zidane knew Cloud on a personal level etc.

Square didn't put any other evidence in the game to suggest that Spira eventually becomes the FF7 world or anything like that other than Shinra's little two line rant. There's not enough conclusive evidence for us to say that there isn't leeway for reasonable doubt.

Jolts
08-07-2004, 09:39 AM
FF12 takes place in Ivalice, the same place that FFT and FFTA took place (well, it has the same name, anyway). Vagrant Story seems to be there too (or some other non-FF game that I don't care about...and I have played it).

Just wanted to point that out.

GhandiOwnsYou
08-08-2004, 04:15 AM
I'm a bit more confused by the "for you anyway" line of doom-prediction by Shinra, that was a bit bizarre. brother said something like "This will NOT be our last mission. The gullwings live on!" or something brother-ish and retarded. Then Shinra goes "For you anyway..." and goes back to the computer. any takers?

Jolts
08-08-2004, 09:00 AM
I'm assuming that meant he was quitting the Gullwings after there world-saving mission was over.

Carnage
08-08-2004, 05:13 PM
FF12 takes place in Ivalice, the same place that FFT and FFTA took place (well, it has the same name, anyway). Vagrant Story seems to be there too (or some other non-FF game that I don't care about...and I have played it).

Just wanted to point that out.

Made by the same person. You'll see many things similiar between the 2.

Lubasha
08-10-2004, 12:52 AM
The series shares a common name - don't you think there should be references to other games in the series in every game just to remind us that we are playing Final Fantasy regardless of the number? I simply found the idea that this nice computer wizkid could potentially become the founder of ShinRa Corporation amusing. In my own mind, it was kind of an interesting spin put on things by Shinra, or Square for that matter.

Giga Guess
08-10-2004, 02:28 AM
It really is plausible, you know? I mean thousands of years into the future, who knows? Towns become renamed, or sink into oblivion, continents shift....they truly could be the same thing.

Jolts
08-10-2004, 09:39 AM
I'd like to think they're all connected somehow. Sequals that are entirely new games seem kind of poinless, other than too keep the "regulars" (like chocobos and Bahamut). Breath Of Fire (also started by Squaresoft) is like that, only it's, in no way (not even possible), a connected series, other than the "regulars."

Carnage
08-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Maybe the farplane is the promised land for 7?

Cloudane
08-11-2004, 12:32 AM
There are similarities in the worlds and I've said myself that FF7's Promised Land is the same idea as the Farplane. The place where Aeris and Cloud are standing in the Advent Children shots even *looks* like the Farplane, and it makes sense considering certain events in the game. Then again, they're both based on similar ideas/religions etc (the Gaia theory) so why wouln't there be similarities. One could even argue that Spirits Within was the same world (ack!) due to the Gaia principle being employed once again. But I certainly hope it isn't :)

That and I know Shinra's old in FF7, but I don't think he was thousands of years old. Sin doesn't seem to fall from the sky or make an impact like Jenova was supposed to, so we're looking at 5000+ years! A family tree that keeps the name 'Shinra' and researches the same ideas for 5000 years would be rather unlikely...

Not to mention that Shinra was a weapons manufacturer during the war, and IIRC it was only *accidental* that they discovered Mako energy, not from some ancient theory.

DMKA
08-11-2004, 07:51 PM
I just think its refferencing, which I love, though I do like to think that they're all connected in some way, Square just hasn't showed us flat out yet. :) Though, thats just what I like to think.

After all, FFIX had references to every FF game before it.
WHA?

Giga Guess
08-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Well if you think about it, it's not a real fair thing to advertise games as sequels unless there's SOME continuity to them. And as for the ones that don't necessarily fit....think about the Silent Hill series. 1 and 3 are the only ones that have a direct correlation to one another. 2 and I'm fairly sure 4 have no bearing on them, or one another, for that matter.