PDA

View Full Version : Squall hole-for-a-face pic

Wilder
08-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi, Iīve seen the ending so many times, when squall go crazy and rinoa is like becoming ultimecia or something. That FMV got very subliminal pics, like the 3 ultimecia images, less than a second long, lot of Rinoa metamorphosis, and a very very pic of Squall with no face !, just a hole, I found It very very Odd , and I donīt believe that itīs just a joke, look for it yourself and write something in this topic !.

Mo-Nercy
08-05-2004, 11:30 PM
I know of the Squall-holey-ugly-face picture. I don't think it has any other meaning besides, Squall's having the craziest dream of his life. You could argue it's relevant to R=U but let's not go there.

Triple T
08-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Wow. Let's never give alcohol to our Video Game makers ever again, shall we? ^^

I agree with Mo-Mercy, it probably has something to do with R=U, but R isn't U in the first place. :)

Wilder
08-06-2004, 03:31 PM
I see, This is very weird !, nobody knows whatīs the meaning of this picture , everybody is trying to analize why Ultimecia have Black Wings and rinoa White ones, but nobody seems to care about this picture, this is a real mistery !, Iīve read something about it in an ultimecia-Rinoa interview with an Square employed , and the poor guy said " Hey, Donīt ask me about Rinoa - ultimecia, ask me about the pic without face , thatīs is a mistery and nobody had noticed it", WAAA, somebody !!

Sir Bahamut
08-06-2004, 03:37 PM
You should realize that the "so called interview with a Square employee" which denies the theory, is almost certainly a lie.

You see, since he never backs himself up in any way, never even tries to make us believe he actually did speak to a Square member, I could just as easily said I have spoken to Hironobu Sakaguchi and he said the theory was correct.

Zante
08-06-2004, 03:52 PM
The R=U theory can't be true. If it were, Ultimeca would be killing herself by killing Rinoa.

Sir Bahamut
08-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Your point being? Ultimecia never does kill Rinoa so your point is made void.
Read this:

http://www.script-tease.net/kristian/

THEN come and attack the theory.

Zante
08-06-2004, 04:53 PM
But she is fighting her, and she would kill her if Squall and co would lose.

PS:I read your article and it's realy good, but I still don't believe the R=U theory.

Wilder
08-06-2004, 04:57 PM
yeah, U=R is true , because Ultimecia just couldnīt appear from the nowhere trying to kill everybody without reason, look what Square did with the End of VII. Now I remenber , I read in some magazine an interview with hironobu and he said that in the script of FFVII ending was written "everybody dies in the end", but they change their minds to make all we maniacs go crazy finding an answer. The same goes with VIII, they do it to keep the game long live, I canīt understand why people blame VIII for not to have a great story and when they found the truth in Rinoa - ultimecia , they just deny it. Thatīs Why FFIX have a very straight story with no misteries (except the one of vivi death jeje), itīs very clear that Squall saw the past when he dies and the future looking rinoa becoming ultimecia and !!!!.....What about the hole picture ?. :confused:

Zante
08-06-2004, 05:12 PM
I liked the story. I thought the ending meant that Squall couldn't find back to his time and was losing himself, but I admit there could be more about it.

Jolts
08-06-2004, 06:36 PM
I don't recall a holey faced Squall, but I do remember the muffed up Rinoa faces, when Squall was beginning to forget about her.

Sir Bahamut
08-06-2004, 06:42 PM
But she is fighting her, and she would kill her if Squall and co would lose.

That was covered in the link I just posted.

yeah, U=R is true , because Ultimecia just couldnīt appear from the nowhere trying to kill everybody without reason,

You are ignoring the other possible motives I'm afraid.

Time compression may give Ultimecia great powers, which is one motive already.

And also don't forget my favourite motive, that Ultimecia was recorded in SeeD history as an evil sorceress, so she is persecuted from birth for this.
Trying to compress time is then merely Ultimecia defending herself, so ironically enough, Squall and Co create their own villain.

R=u is just one possibility, and is not a universal truth or fact. Merely a theory.

Jolts
08-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I still say time travel is impossible. Even if you did go forward or back in time, I think the same existence is not meant to be in the same time instant as itself in two different locations, and you would be erased from existence itself, which would then chain react, causing your entire bloodline to disappear, and possibly the entire life on Earth. That Universal destroyer type of thing.

Kind of like putting the X, Y, Z coords. of Cloud at 10, 24, 3 and 73, 82, 19 at the same time. That would just cause the game to lock up, and you would no longer be able to do anything ('cept reset, but I don't think there's a reset button for us...or is there?).

Sir Bahamut
08-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Well time travel IS possible in the game, that's for sure, and that's all that matters in this case.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-06-2004, 07:31 PM
R=U will NEVER be true, NOR will it NEVER be false. The point is, unless Square releases some kind of answer or sequel explaining the relationship or lack thereof between Rinoa and Ulty, there will NEVER be enough proof in the existing game to proove OR disproove this theory. Therefore, there really is NO POINT in rehashing the same arguments over and over with the same result. Getting nowhere. /rant

In any case, as for the Squall-hole face, I've seen it (actually the first place I saw it was a few years ago on some "FF8 mistakes" page, so perhaps the quick frame was a mess-up), and I believe the generally accepted explanation is that it is, like the rest of that crazy part of the ending, a figment of Squall's unconcious - and a metaphor for what he's going through in time compression. The characters are trying to remember who they knew as a way of remembering themselves, or who they are. As Squall begins to forget the others (most notably Rinoa and what she looked like), he begins to lose his own identity (represented by the hole in his own face). Ulty's hope was that this would happen and the characters would go insane, never leavign time compression and thus being destroyed. Fortunately for Squall, Rin found him and he was able to see her face (and regain memory of his own) before it was too late.

Wilder
08-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Thatīs a Good point Shivablizard, but I donīt think this picture have an explanation so logical, is just so weird , I think nobody says anything about it because they havenīt see it yet,I was confused and scared when i saw that, and everybody is like "What" "What is this guy talkinīabout", for me this is a real mistery that somebody should ask directly to square, why they put that there, to make us forget the face of ultimecia in the ending ? well... we canīt waitfor an answer so... here it is , The Pic , I want some explanation... LOOK IT FOR YOURSELF. :eek:

ShivaBlizzard8
08-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Actually, plenty of people have seen it, and it has been discussed across the internet. The website http://www.square-x.com/ even interviewed a person from Square about it (and the R=U theory) and this was their reply:

"Question: There are 3 FMV shots of Ultimecia in the game, all are at the ending, and last less than 1/10th of a second each, barely visible (did you notice them?). Why would Square go to all the trouble of making the FMV if no one were to see it? Square is not stupid, and it would not waste time and money for nothing."

Reply: This is a good point, why go through the time, but the direction this person is going is off. Little clips like this are all over the ending. . . the picture of Squall with a black hole for a face - The ending is supposed to be everything that happened to squall being "thrown or smashed" through time.

The entire article can be found here: http://www.square-x.com/news/169

Wilder
08-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Hi, Shiva blizard , thatīs the same interview that I was talkinīabout up there, and the one who sir bahamut said it was posibly a fake one. But now that I read it Again it talks about a "rinoa pic" no a squall pic , maybe it was his mistake or maybe he refers to all the Rinoa scenes in the FMV with no face. I donīt know, this guy is like send to deny the theory. If you read it it says " If you want to spark a debate, why not look for the picture of Rinoa with a black hole for a face from the ending. Now that is a mystery image", so , Itīs very clear that the pic isnīt a mistake, got to be something hidden.

Big D
08-07-2004, 07:27 AM
R=U will NEVER be true, NOR will it NEVER be false. The point is, unless Square releases some kind of answer or sequel explaining the relationship or lack thereof between Rinoa and Ulty, there will NEVER be enough proof in the existing game to proove OR disproove this theory. Therefore, there really is NO POINT in rehashing the same arguments over and over with the same result. Getting nowhere. /rantAbsolutely. Heed the words of wisdom, y'all. There are plenty of arguments both in favour of R=U and against it. It is a matter of personal opinion whether you believe it is right or not; there's no "true" opinion.

As for the "faceless Squall" image, I believe that is a symbol of what happened to him when he tried to traverse compressed time alone. Laguna explained that it's a team effort, that each of them would be dependent on others believing in their existence, in order to make it through. Time compression is a form of magic, and magic is manipulated with the mind, so this makes sense to me.
However, Squall got lost, ending up at the orphanage, then trying to navigate back on his own. Before he left Edea's house and returned to compressed time, his last thought was that he was alone, and needed to find the others. He realised that the key to his return was gone, and that thought expanded and became overpowering - the knowledge that he was alone and powerless, that everything was disappearing. The people places he knew, shown disintegrating and colliding in his thoughts. The faceless image, I think, represents Squall with his sense of identity and existence gone. The "R=U" images symbolise the idea that Rinoa expresses during disc four - that her powers, and maybe her memories, will be passed on through time and eventually reach Ultimecia. Or maybe it's the other interpretation, that Rinoa could become a hated and feared Sorceress because of her powers, just like Ultimecia. Squall's hallucinations represent every bad outcome happening.

Sir Bahamut
08-07-2004, 11:06 AM
I kind of thought it was a given that it was personal opinion that was crucial in deciding whether or not to believe in it.

It is labelled a THEORY after all.

And again, I want to stress how poor a source the so called interview with Square is, and also mention that the version of the theory presented in that website is ridiculous.

That's why there still is a point to discussing it. You see, I can google search "Rinoa Ultimecia theory" and find dozens of website on the issue, but 9 out of 10 present hopeless and lousy cases.

Another point is that there are still many who consider the theory impossible. largely because of the many ridiculous arguments floating around on the internet.

Del Murder
08-07-2004, 10:27 PM
You make some good points, Sir Bahamut. We have one thread dedicated to discussing the R=U theories, and it can be found here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=39560). Feel free to take the discussion there. Otherwise, stay on topic, please.

Sir Bahamut
08-07-2004, 11:06 PM
I have posted there several times some time ago, but ironically enough, the discussion seems to flourish in any topic BUT that one.

But fine, I won't post anymore on the matter in this topic.

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 05:57 PM
(Much like the 1001 Aeris Revival rumors, no?)

As for Squall, there, I think it could be the fact that he underwent a great deal of change, possibly to the point of not recognizing who he was. In that case, he sees the body, the basic form, but no face, as it is no longer "him."

Either that, or he's getting lost in the time compression, and that's Square's way of showing him getting deleted. Until, of course, our delightful heroine rescues our hero. Possibilities?