PDA

View Full Version : Hated, but now adored!

Imperia
08-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Have you ever had a Final Fantasy character that you've absolutely hated or disliked, but now you grew to really like that character?

I can't think of anyone that I truly hated, but my thoughts about Rosa has changed. I found that she's actually a lot stronger than I thought she was. Even though I still wish there was more to her like with Rydia.

Cz
08-05-2004, 04:50 PM
I used to detest Eiko, but over time she grew on me and while I wouldn't say I really like her, she seems a lot nicer now than she did back then. I use her in battle more often, too.

Armisael
08-05-2004, 05:56 PM
in the beggining i disliked rinoa,i found her annoying a little.But then over time she grew on me,i used her a lot in battles(her limits very useful) and in the end she became one of my favorite characters in FFVIII.

Sefie1999AD
08-05-2004, 07:31 PM
That happened to me with Yuna's character development. She was a total wuss in FFX with a creepy voice, but she became a lot better, cuter and got more personality in FFX-2. I always say she changed from Zero to Hero, and I'm glad Square did her character better in the sequel.

Takara
08-05-2004, 07:45 PM
I would not say I hated him, but Edge used to be my least favourite character in FFIV. but after a few playthrough, I started to find his interactions with Rydia amusing, and he grew on me. The guy is trying so hard to get her attention. Poor Edge. :D

Rosa wasn't much of a favourite character either, but my outlook on her changed. She's not as whiny and helpless as I used to think.

I thought Yuffie was annoying at first for stealing my materia, but she eventually became a regular in my party.

Rinoa, on the other hand, did the exact opposite... I liked her at first, and the more I advanced in ff8, the more I found her annoying.

Pine
08-05-2004, 07:46 PM
I would say Yuna, simply because her personality was so weak and helpless, it pissed me off. But I guess she kinda grew on me, and I used her in battle too.

Yeah. However, one of the most surprising things about her personality is the fact she did something I never expected. She ACTUALLY pointed her guns to her friends in the Den of Woe! I don't remember much about it, all I know is that she was angry at them, and she had to fight them both.

:whoa:

Mo-Nercy
08-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Kuja. I used to think he was really over the top. The Jim Carey (sp?) of FF. The over dramatic music whenever he came up just made it feel really lame. But as I neared the end, I began to understand Kuja a lot more, especially after his little hissy fit on Terra. I pitied him. Now he's my favourite villian.

Xander
08-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Selphie really annoyed me at first, now I kinda like her.

Polaris
08-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Cait Sith I used top hate him coz he was going to betary me but now he has been a great help!!!!

Jolts
08-06-2004, 07:19 PM
That damn traiter, CAIT SITH!!

Same here, I still don't like him, but I don't dislike him either. He's currently in a neutral possision.

Polaris
08-06-2004, 07:20 PM
But he is very powerful!

Jolts
08-06-2004, 07:38 PM
A traitor's a traitor. They get no respect from me.

Del Murder
08-11-2004, 03:01 AM
I didn't like Quina at first, but I wised up and realized he is one of the best characters ever.

Inuyasha23
08-11-2004, 03:21 AM
i hated stiener up until the end of disk three...he's still n idiot but he's an useful idiot.

i hated titus...i still hate titus...stoopid moron

Del Murder
08-11-2004, 03:42 AM
'Useful idiot' Yes that is how I would put it too.

Lain
08-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Before I played ffx I really didn't like Lulu but she is my favourite character. I also disliked Steiner and Eiko but I find out that they are really funny guyes.