PDA

View Full Version : I'd put it in my shoebooox, my shoebox of li-yi-i-ife!

fire_of_avalon
08-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Do you have a shoebox or a cereal box or any kind of box you keep mementos and such in? Everything I've ever owned has some kind of sentimental attachment for me, so I have several different kinds of boxes to store my life. I keep letters and stickers and a whole bunch of different things in mine.

Discuss shoeboxes of life.

chu52
08-05-2004, 06:01 PM
I try to forget the past.. *(add kill bill theme here)*

Rainecloud
08-05-2004, 06:01 PM
I have a notice board in my room. Well, it's more of a "Memory Board", I guess.

On it are...
- A flyer for the "Los Arcos" restaurant which I ate from in Mijas, Spain.
- A photo of the Blue Lake in Wales. It's my favourite place in the world.
- A photo of me with the coast of Barmouth, Wales in the background.
- A photo of Harlech Castle in Harlech, Wales.
- A photo of me and my Mum in Bodnant Gardens, the Lake District.
- A "Thank You" card with Winnie the Pooh on it. It was given to me by two of the young girls in my religious congregation after I babysat them for a night. We played "Rugrats" on their Playstation for hours...
- A post-it note from Rachel, a five year old who really adores me for some reason.
- A poem that shows how ridiculous and full of holes the theory of evolution really is.
- My baby tag. It was put around my wrist just after I was born.
- A photo of my Mum and Dad when they were really young.
- A phone number for the local Chinese Restaurant (xD).
- A phone number for the nearest Pizza Hut (xD - again).
- A photo of me with Rico, WWE Superstar.
- A photo of me with Rob Van Dam, WWE Superstar.
- A photo of me with Kane, WWE Superstar.
- A photo of me with Kurt Angle, WWE Superstar.
- A ticket from an Avril Lavigne concert that was held in Manchester last year.
- A ticket from a Jools Holland concert that my Uncle took me to in December, 2000.
- A couple of cards I made at work, one of which has the famous "Footprints" poem on it.
- Two tickets from WWE's Passport to Pain events, held in Manchester and Birmingham last year.
- A "Wonderful Grandson Award", given to me by my Grandma many years ago. I treasure it.
- A Goofy (Disney Character) soft toy that my Boss bought for me during his last trip to the States.
- A Rey Mysterio duffel bag, signed by Rey Mysterio himself!
- A ticket from WWE's Tour of Defiance, held in Manchester in May of this year.
- A passport photo of myself from a couple of years ago (it's hideous).
- A photo of my cat's kittens (who are now with good owners) eating kitty meat.
- A ticket from Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
- A receipt for Mick Foley's "Have A Nice Day" book, which I purchased from a nice girl on E-Bay.
- A "Ladies Toilets" sign from my place of religious meetings. I borrowed it during the 'Refurb'.
- Note: My Squall pendant, ring and chain were also on this board, until I gave them away in the last EoFF quiz.

Phew. I didn't know I had so many memories. :)

Kituri
08-05-2004, 06:13 PM
I have a shoebox, yes, I am a chiché

I recently went through it and I discovered that I had a lot of stuff that I really didn't need to hold onto anymore, namely a lot of useless junk that I borrowed from my no ex-boyfriends and stuff they have given me, pictures of me and my old friends from school and concert fliers and programs.

It was nice to look at all the memories, but it was also time to let a lot of them go. :)

Breine
08-05-2004, 06:16 PM
No, I don't that kind of a box. If I want to keep things/mementos I just put them in my drawer, closet or whatever.

Jebus
08-05-2004, 06:34 PM
I just put things wherever. I'm sure there are things from 10 years ago lying around here somewhere.

TheAbominatrix
08-05-2004, 06:38 PM
I have all my notes from high school (notes from friends and all, not class notes) in two shoeboxes (there's a lot, and they're hilarious) and I have various keepsakes in little jewelry boxes.

All of my dad's Vietnam War stuff that he's given me is in this box he made (originally for his speed) that's done up with a memorial to the 12 other guys he made it out of Cambodia with. It's really cool.

edit: oh and I keep the ticket stubs from every concert/show I've ever been to.

SeeDRankLou
08-05-2004, 06:38 PM
I have a shoebox where I keep every movie stub of every movie I've ever been to in my life. It's about a quarter full at the moment. And on the back I try to write down the people I was with when I saw it.

Shoeberto
08-05-2004, 06:42 PM
I have a little steel box with spinning discs and a magnetic read/write head that I keep inside my computer.

Yeah. I'm so cool.

Triple T
08-05-2004, 07:13 PM
I'd rather take pictures, so I have a photo album instead of a box to keep stuff in. :o

square_is_the_best
08-05-2004, 10:07 PM
I have a shoebox of my Pokemon stuff from a WHILE ago. I also have the box for my GBC, Pokemon yellow and silver, Pokemon stadium 2, and all of my rares from Magic TCG.

Cloud_99
08-05-2004, 11:16 PM
I do have one but all that's in it at the moment is a bunch of notes that I wrote myself whenever I've had a problem. There's a crap load of them. If you called it a shoebox of life though, it would look like I'd had a really crappy life. :D

escobert
08-06-2004, 02:10 AM
no but, I haev a Adio box which I keep my skate tools/parts in :P.

Trumpet Thief
08-06-2004, 04:19 AM
choas: Well, when I was little, I had stuff like that. I just put useless items into the box. It was a Tissue box by the way.

Rubedo: Really, I would just stuff some pennies in it. I would occasionally find some lying around in the house. Other than that, when I grew up a bit more, I had nothing like that.

Del Murder
08-06-2004, 04:51 AM
I have a drawer full of some old letters from people and comics I used to draw in junior high.

Yamaneko
08-06-2004, 04:56 AM
I think my mom does. I never look since I really just like to remember what happens in the present and some particular things in the past. The rest is not important.

Shlup
08-06-2004, 05:26 AM
I have a box that came with stationary in it. Its a fancy box. :o

Calliope
08-06-2004, 05:41 AM
I have a suitcase full of stuff. I turfed a lot of it out last weekend because I'm the sort who will just keep hoarding things for the rest of forever otherwise.

Unknown_Soldier
08-06-2004, 05:46 AM
i need more boxes!! I keep things like Ticket Stubs, flyers, letters, notes, notebooks, old drawings, beads, broken gifts, bottles, dead lighters, etc... it's fun! but I really need more space for it all...

Casey
08-06-2004, 05:52 AM
I put pictures in my shoe box, then after awhile I open it up and look at them, and reminisce about the good times and the bad. :)

Shlup
08-06-2004, 06:06 AM
Oh yeah, and I have a box of letters. Its the box my Tare Panda phone came in. I've got a lot of letters from Travis when he was in jail, a bunch from BJ when we first started dating and he went on a family vacation for two weeks, a few from Brandy who's on her mission, a few post cards, and a couple letters from Miss Calliope.

I don't keep a lot of sentimental stuff. My fancy box is mostly things that old friends gave me, and stuff that I'd lose otherwise because its small, and photos of loved ones that I don't have many photos of. I used to keep stuff from old dates that I enjoyed (mostly Raul and Tyler dates ^_^) but I threw 'em away a couple years ago.

Meat Puppet
08-06-2004, 08:11 AM
I jam them in drawers, I don't want to dispose of them but I'll probably never use them again, but it's comforting to know that they're there.

Silmaril
08-06-2004, 12:25 PM
I have a very nice wooden box which my aunt made for me. It's got a ton of stuff. It's locked and I've forgotten where i put the key.

Fuzakeru
08-06-2004, 10:37 PM
I used to be a complete pack rat and would keep everything that reminded me of something. When I opened my 'box' and saw three McDonald's toys, a bunch of old giggly notes passed in 12th grade Band, and random marbles and such I decided it was time to let go. Mostly because I'm going up to Michigan and it would be difficult to bring all the crap I keep with me up there. So I boiled it down to a folder full of pictures and letters from Myles and my closest friends and some old poetry/drawings I have - plus, all my old report cards and other important documents.

-N-
08-06-2004, 10:47 PM
I have a collection of correspondences and cards that are held together by a binder clip. How sentimental.

Lindy
08-06-2004, 10:47 PM
wtf, no.

I like to think that the sum total of my life would take up more than a shoebox.

ZeZipster
08-06-2004, 10:52 PM
I don't have a life.

Mahal Kita
08-06-2004, 11:05 PM
I have a converse shoe box known as the 'Bryce Box' that I keep sentiments and memories and shtuff and of what he gave me. <3 That's pretty much it. Aside from my binder of report cards and progress reports and awards all the way to now from kindergarten.

Ed, Edd n' Eddy
08-10-2004, 04:36 AM
I sold my life and my soul for 23cents cus' I found 2cents before and wanted a gumball really bad.

Wizdumb
08-10-2004, 04:52 AM
I have a shoebox that serves as my trashbox.

Loony BoB
08-10-2004, 10:00 AM
Not a shoebox, but a box nonetheless. It's about the size of two or three shoeboxes. I've got a lot of life! It includes...

- All the photos I have over here, including those of Stefanie, Mandy and a lot of people from back home.
- A 'Rugby Legends' video that I've never actually watched because I don't have a VCR.
- Seriously, there are a lot of photos in here.
- Pretty much all the letters and postcards I've received from EoFF'ers.
- My Marvin the Martian Chubby Memo pad.
- The Official Encyclopedia Of The Lost, by Nicky Andrews (Calliope) and Daniel Towns (me).
- Newspaper clippings from NZ.
- The Two Cow System that I wrote out back in Intermediate School.
- Various Christmas / birthday cards.
- Letters I never sent to people such as Stefanie, Emma, Mandy and Ally (although the latter one is only because I keep forgetting to send it).
- The mail from my broadband company detailing my account.
- More photos (from my school ball, this time).
- The peices of paper I held up while on webcam for Mandy.
- More letters from EoFF'ers and family.
- More photos.
- Little notes from past girlfriends and from my cousin, Sus.
- Some of the drawings I've done, including sadbunny, christmasbunny and "Doomy gets Ally, I get a medal."
- The brochure-type-thing from Granville B&B, where Mandy and I stayed when she came to Edinburgh.
- Business card for the Granville B&B.
- More letters.
- Postcards & Oxfam thingies from Nikkei.
- My The Cheesecake Shop name tag.
- A feather.
- A little pad detailing all the reasons why I'm so great and why I'm Sus' best friend, according to Sus.
- The visitor tag I got when I went to Hatfield (the massive HQ for the company I work for) on a business trip (I forgot to give the tag back, oops...).
- The ariel to my phone that broke when I pulled Mandy down on to the bed and she landed on the phone. Oops.

Xander
08-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Me and an ex-boyfriend used to keep all of our stuff like movie tickets, letters and whatever in a box which we called a "memory box". We broke up and I think he probably still has it under his bed (unless he threw it away). So it was kinda pointless anyway. I don't bother doing anything like that now, even with my own stuff. I don't need any bits of paper and stuff to keep my memories, if they are that important I'll remember them =)

The only thing I really have now is a box which I keep old letters from friends and penpals in, because I like looking back at them sometimes and remembering the people I used to talk to.

Logan
08-13-2004, 04:11 AM
Most of my memories are in photo albums, so besides the albums I have two boxes of photographs, and a purple indian jewlery box with sea glass in it, and a few movie tickets, and stuff.

Steffox
11-18-2005, 06:25 AM
OHMYGOSH, Barenaked Ladies reference! *latches onto the forum topic like bubblegum to a shoe*
I have loads of journals and boxes I hide stuff in, and a giant metal army first aid kit with a lock on it for the more private stuff.

Rase
11-18-2005, 06:34 AM
I use my whole room as a place to store memories. Somethings I can remember are:

-A ticket to a band concert with a friend in it
-A ticket to a play featuring the same friend
-Tons of pictures from all the places I've lived and the friends I've had.
-Tons of random drawings
-Things from my chilhood; stuffed animals, blankie, etc.
-And much more.

I'm such a massive packrat.

Leeza
11-18-2005, 06:35 AM
Do not revive threads that are this old. If you feel the topic is good, start a new thread.