PDA

View Full Version : Help With Chrono Cross

atmskater13
08-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Please Help! I'm stuck on the boss fight with FATE (not the final boss, the FATE that Lynx turns into). I keep trying to use Saints, but FATE keeps ruining that with black magic. Can somebody please tell me what party members to use and some tips to beat her? :confused:

Master.Pug
08-05-2004, 08:57 PM
first of all, put a Black Plate on Serge to make him immortal ;) (Black Attacks will heal you!)

2nd: Use alot of your strongest Elements (FreeFall works surprisingly good!, UltraNova & HolyLight workin fine)

3rd: pull out some FreeFall-traps ;) he'll use somewhere in between 3 & 1 during his countdown!

Although summons work quite well against it, it isn't necessary to use them! Break his neck with physical attacks

Triple T
08-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Yeah, Masamune did about 600 damage on a normal game for me. And GrimmReaper(not hard to make the field black :p) did around 1000 damage. And not to mention UltraNova doing 400+. Just make good use of your elements, make a healer and you should be fine. :)

edczxcvbnm
08-05-2004, 11:41 PM
For Stratgy not involving special items I just use Diminish. Cuts all magic attacks in half. You can buy it in that island town...I think. Also make sure you have your equipment upgraded. I used Serge, Glenn and Starky. I don't rely on magic so that party rocked. I had an insane amount of healing spells on and had everyone use them whenever needed.

atmskater13
08-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the tips everyone. :D Anyway, I've been hearin about this wicked strong party member named Alf in all the strategy guides, but I can't find him. Is he only in the foreign versions, or am I looking in the wrong places? By the way, I like this forum because nobody's obnoxious like in the other forums.

edczxcvbnm
08-06-2004, 03:00 AM
Alf? Who is alf?

Master.Pug
08-06-2004, 10:06 AM
?? Alf ??
perhaps Alf is the guy who appeared after Leo & Aeris are revived and started seachring for the "Omega sword" ^^

this smells like junk ya know :rolleyes2

Killy
08-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Alf = Guile

It probably has something to do with the translation.

atmskater13
08-06-2004, 06:45 PM
thanks killy

Mysticgamer1987
08-07-2004, 01:20 AM
I need help finding the mushroom in the shadow forest so that I can get Funguy.

Master.Pug
08-07-2004, 05:13 AM
you have to go into that tree in Shadow Forest (Home World ;)). you'll find a kid asking you to help his father! south-east from that child is some water "whirling" around... go there and do a little research :-) a monster will pop out of the water, jumping up those rocks and into the hole in the wall! Kiddy's father comes out of it and you'll recieve the mushroom