PDA

View Full Version : Sephirots name ! Amazing ! Read It !

Wilder
08-05-2004, 10:14 PM
what I found here is amazing. My sister was working in a university project about " The study of Kabalah " who is like a theory about the creation , a tought system about god messages, is too complicated explain what Kabalah is, so I hope you know it already. Then I found this graphic called "Tree Of Life", part of the kabalah theory, who is like a Sphere system that is going up in evolution ,from human things like intellect, Love, Power, until it reach to a sphere call "Ketter" that means, "infinite light, God , total and supreme consciousness". the spheres of this Tree Of Life are called "Sephira" and the whole thing is called "The Sephiroth", and that make sense when you remenber that sephiroth is trying to evolutionate and became one with the planet to became supreme, like a god. there is also lot of pictures of Angels in the kabalah , thatīs is Why Sephiroth could be also called "One winged-angel".

Ultima Shadow
08-05-2004, 10:43 PM
So Sephiroth means "tree of life"? Cool... or something.

Chris
08-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Amazing !!! :greenie:

chu52
08-05-2004, 10:56 PM
More than him Seraphim derives from that, But long live the Sephirot Sephiroth

Vaprice
08-05-2004, 11:10 PM
AMAZING! Everyone read this.

Yeah but that's awesome. Not totally suprising but still very nice. But wow, tree of life eh? Heh...makes total sense. Good job.

Triple T
08-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Wow. You have just taught us that FF uses religious names to name their charatcers.

;D

Armisael
08-06-2004, 06:59 AM
now you mention it wilder,in an anime i watced(neon genesis evangelion)it refers a lot to sephiroth or tree of life.The Sephiroth is rooted in the Kaballah(Qabala) which has as its roots Judaism. Although the Sephiroth, and the Kaballah in general, have been adapted and used by many religions. The Sephiroth, which in its typical incarnation has ten circles that are connected by 22 different paths, is primarily used as a tool for meditation and divination.

Each of the circles represents one aspect of God, or divinity. Therefore, the Sephiroth acts as a sort of roadmap to God. http://www.bfx-net.com/evafaqs/eva.sephani1.gif
Pretty interesting

Wilder
08-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the graphic beatrix, it explains better what I said. Now, Iīve noticed that in the middle of The Sephiroth is a sphere called "tiphares" and then it change to Splendor , in my source This sphere means " harmony, creation, unity and... Beauty", Have you noticed that Tiphares is almost like say "TIFA", I think itīs logical, maybe they also got Tifaīs name frome here. Hey, Iīm trying to figured out the relation between "The Sephiroth", and the tatoos with numbers that Cloud and Sephiroth have, Help me in this one.

Jolts
08-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Neither Cloud, nor Sephiroth have tatoos. They were merely there for identifaction. Hojo put them on his Sephiroth clone experiments. Sephiroth doesn't have one because he is Sephiroth, and Cloud doesn't have one because he's not actually a clone, but he thought he was during part of the game because he had Jenova cells in him, which allowed Jenova to manipulate him. Cloud also doesn't have one because Hojo claimed him to be a failure. Red XIII has one because Hojo did do experiments on him.

EDIT: Please mark spoilers when you describe things you only find out late in the game. -Murder

Turk
08-08-2004, 04:05 AM
The Jews and Christians get their mythology in FF7, and what do my people the Turks get? Some dudes in suits running around kidnapping girls.

Ouch!
08-08-2004, 04:15 AM
Neither Cloud, nor Sephiroth have tatoos. They were merely there for identifaction. Hojo put them on his Sephiroth clone experiments. Sephiroth doesn't have one because he is Sephiroth, and Cloud doesn't have one because he's not actually a clone, but he thought he was during part of the game because he had Jenova cells in him, which allowed Jenova to manipulate him. Cloud also doesn't have one because Hojo claimed him to be a failure. Red XIII has one because Hojo did do experiments on him.

That doesn't have anything to do with what they're talking about, though.

The explaination fits Sephiroth's character and motive perfectly. I don't doubt for a second that this is where Sephiroth's name came from. Religious references in the Final Fantasy name isn't new, though. Like Doomsday said, they've been using such names for monsters and summons for a while now. The most blatantly obvious one would be Shiva, even though the hindu god Shiva or Shiv has nothing to do with being an ice goddess, rather he is the god of destruction, who follows Brahma the creator and Vishnu.

The Final Fantasy series also make references to things aside from religions. The most blatantly obvious of these would be its relations to Star Wars: the reoccuring characters Biggs and Wedge (Biggs Darklighter and Wedge Antilles) and perhaps even the Empire from VI.

The Jews and Christians get their mythology in FF7, and what do my people the Turks get? Some dudes in suits running around kidnapping girls.
Don't forget, they kill people too. Honestly, I thought the Turks were one of the best parts of FFVII. I would have been honored if they would have been named after me.

zacks_clone
08-08-2004, 04:25 AM
^_^Me being me went and picked apart Zacks name/meaning/excetra.Its nothing new,really,and I have known the Sephiroth thing for years.You can find a ton of info floating aboutt the web about Summons names and meanings and how they related to the summons and about character names and meanings and how they relate to the characters personalitys and/or story.Its amazing to me(( im a sucker for this sort of thing)).

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
08-08-2004, 05:12 AM
Wow. You have just taught us that FF uses religious names to name their charatcers.

;D

rather how clever square was back then in comparison then now....

Maxico
08-08-2004, 11:17 AM
been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I posted something that some author guy did an in depth analysis of it and it covers the whole jewish tree thing. I think theres also something on the tree called tifa but im not sure.

DJZen
08-08-2004, 07:53 PM
The tree of life was also featured on the TV show VR-5. It's also eerily similar to the symbol of the Krazoa in Starfox Adventures.

Ryth
08-09-2004, 01:23 AM
That is really cool but I've known it for a while now.

TasteyPies
08-09-2004, 02:04 AM

;D

Quezcotl, Leviathan, Behmoth...Tons of FF names are from different religions (Quezcotl is from an old central american religion and Leviathan and Behemoth are in the bible.)

Turk
08-09-2004, 02:20 AM
I know Ifrit is a type of jinn (Arabic for "demon". In Islam, there is a human plane and a demon plane, the Quran speaks directly to both of them)

-N-
08-09-2004, 02:23 AM
This looks awfully familiar.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-09-2004, 07:14 AM
Not especially new or surprising, but always interesting.

And yes, Evangelion does use the Sephirot, Gendo has it painted on his ceiling.

Starcrest
08-10-2004, 04:51 AM
I've read something about these, but first time I heard about Sephiroth. This stuff is interesting to hear about