PDA

View Full Version : No one checks the credit card signatures.

Shoyku
08-06-2004, 12:14 AM
<a href=http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/>NOBODY!</a>

TasteyPies
08-06-2004, 12:31 AM
My dad always draws smilies on the digital pad

Dixie
08-06-2004, 12:34 AM
*Blurts out in laughter*

I had to laugh.

Misfit
08-06-2004, 12:36 AM
*signs as Ms. I'm-gonna-eat-your-family*

The Captain
08-06-2004, 12:51 AM
At my job, we make it a point to check every credit card signature.

The most popular non-signature I've seen is "Ask For ID" which makes sense since identity theft is on the rise again and people are constantly scared to have their signatures stolen.

Take care all.

Shlup
08-06-2004, 12:59 AM
They checked last time I went to Target! Erick only bought a box of Gold Fish crackers and they checked his signature. I laughed.

Xander
08-06-2004, 01:05 AM
I work in a shop, and I do, so there.

tomothy
08-06-2004, 01:11 AM
stores are liable if the card is stolen. it's designed to protect ya. although i dont see that it would be too hard for someone to learn your signature off the card in little time... :mad:

Yamaneko
08-06-2004, 01:52 AM
I don't usually pay with plastic. If I do, I'll sign it as close to my signature as possible.

Dr Unne
08-06-2004, 02:10 AM
People are freaking jerks when they go shopping, that's all I have to say.

fire_of_avalon
08-06-2004, 02:37 AM
I think it's kind of funny, the things people can get away with, but it's also very scary to know that probably anyone could use my credit/debit cards with no questions asked. I'm going to ask my boyfriend to use it, when I next get the chance.

nik0tine
08-06-2004, 03:44 AM
That's funny.

Del Murder
08-06-2004, 04:50 AM
That was a funny story. I use debit when I buy stuff, so no signing.

Shlup
08-06-2004, 04:51 AM
People are freaking jerks when they go shopping, that's all I have to say.
And when do you not think people are jerks, exactly? xD

Yamaneko
08-06-2004, 04:55 AM
I use debit when I buy stuff, so no signing.
Don't they still make you sign? I'm pretty sure when I tell them ATM I have to sign the receipt. They get a copy and I get a copy.

Del Murder
08-06-2004, 04:59 AM
Nope. 4 digit code and that's all.

Dr Unne
08-06-2004, 05:01 AM
And when do you not think people are jerks, exactly? xD

Most people are usually jerks all the time, but not FREAKING jerks like they are when they go shopping.

fire_of_avalon
08-06-2004, 05:04 AM
I agree with Yameneko. :confused:

Rainecloud
08-06-2004, 07:14 AM
England must be completely different in this case, because I get asked about my signature all the time. My signature isn't 100% identical to the original by any means, but it's pretty damn close. For some reason, I always seem to get pulled up by the cashiers when I do my best signature. I've been asked that many times, I fear using my credit card. I usually end up drawing the money out of the "Hole in the wall" machine before shopping these days.

I just don't understand it. *sigh*

Agent Proto
08-06-2004, 07:17 AM
That was a funny story. I use debit when I buy stuff, so no signing.

That's funny. Not all debit cards are like that. If you have a Visa, you can treat it like a credit card and still have to sign receipts. :P

gokufusionss1
08-06-2004, 08:31 AM
i work in kwik save and i bloody do, so nah nah

m4tt
08-06-2004, 09:17 AM
That's funny. Not all debit cards are like that. If you have a Visa, you can treat it like a credit card and still have to sign receipts. :P
That's only when you use it as a credit card. My debit card is debit/master card. If I used it as debit, I just use my code. If I use it as credit, I sign for it.

Loony BoB
08-06-2004, 12:56 PM
In NZ, you used a code for almost everything. Signing (in my opinion) is one of the most stupid things in the world, because not everyone checks (and apparently, according to what you guys are saying, even less people check over in the US) and they're actually not that hard to forge. You don't have to be perfect at it, just enough to be a variation of the original signature. I think it's awful.

The UK has been doing a few trial runs with using codes instead of signatures, and I hope they make it standard really soon because I really don't like having to merely sign something when I spend huge amounts of money. All I had to do to buy about £800 worth of PC equipment was sign a couple of pieces of paper. Yeesh.

I also hate chequeueueues with a passion and think they should be made redundant worldwide. Every single transfer I do is done electronically or at the bank.

Mo-Nercy
08-06-2004, 02:54 PM
My signature has a lot of room for arteest-ism. As long as I put anything that looks remotely like a "P" on the front, I can get away with pretty much anything. Usually it's just a bunch of scribbles but I am definately gonna try the grid thing next time. Or better yet just, "PX"

Psychotic
08-06-2004, 06:10 PM
This is the first time I ever get to say: OMG I'VE SEEN THAT BEFORE! I was wondering where it was I saw it not too long ago. And now I have. Yay Shoy!

Doomgaze
08-06-2004, 07:02 PM
I always check, and I'm a real hardass about it because anything that gives my pathetic life power over other humans deserves to be milked for all its worth.

Erdrick Holmes
08-06-2004, 07:26 PM
*buys everything with cash* Sirisly :p

-N-
08-06-2004, 08:54 PM
That. Is. So. Awesome.

Lindy
08-06-2004, 10:15 PM
I work in a shop, and I always check the signature, I just look at the signature, put it down and watch as they sign to see if it's the same.

I pay special attention to black people, because everyone knows that black people steal credit cards and forge signatures, of course.

(Oddly enough, there are quite a lot of notices in my shop about black women with stolen credit cards which leads me to believe that either they're true, or my store has something against black women with credit cards, assuming they're stolen instantly)

nik0tine
08-06-2004, 11:50 PM
I work in a shop, and I always check the signature, I just look at the signature, put it down and watch as they sign to see if it's the same.

I pay special attention to black people, because everyone knows that black people steal credit cards and forge signatures, of course.

(Oddly enough, there are quite a lot of notices in my shop about black women with stolen credit cards which leads me to believe that either they're true, or my store has something against black women with credit cards, assuming they're stolen instantly)
I hope that was sarcasm... :mad2:

Snappie88
08-07-2004, 12:04 AM
I work in a café, and I check de signature most of the time (when it's busy I'll forget sometimes).