PDA

View Full Version : Difference between the PC and Playstation versions of the game?

FinalBob42
08-06-2004, 03:23 AM
I heard the PC version has more save points. Is that true and is that the only real difference (other than visual improvements).

Ouch!
08-06-2004, 03:37 AM
I have the PC version, and I don't think there are any more save points. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

I don't see a noticable difference with the graphics either. I'm sure they maybe worked out some kinks like they did with the PC FFVII. For example: the W-Item multiplication trick doesn't work on the PC version of FFVII. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like that for FFVIII's PC release too.

Jolts
08-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Major graphical change, but only in clearity. PS resolution, 320x240 16-bit color. PC resolution (if you're PC is powerful enough), 640x480 32-bit color. This is just like with the GCN re-release of The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask (but the GCN is only 24-bit color). With the better resolution, it looks a lot better.

Other than that, no, I don't think there's any other major changes (possiby a bug fix, like Zaphier said).

SeeDRankLou
08-06-2004, 07:59 PM
The PC version gives you access to the ChocoWorld minigame, which you would need a Pocketstation for if you were playing it on the PS.