PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive and Compulsive!

Rainecloud
08-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Well, are you?

I am, to a certain extent. I try to keep all my personal belongings - be it books, music CDs or DVDs - in perfect condition, and if anything gets folded, cracked, scratched or tarnished in any way, I become quite upset.

So, are you obsessive and compulsive like me?

nik0tine
08-06-2004, 07:52 AM
I think not.

Shlup
08-06-2004, 08:08 AM
I am a bit. I'm one of those that appears a slob because my room is in a constant state of being re-organized. I have to practically sedate myself if I want to just straighten it, otherwise I got nuts and start pulling things out and moving furniture.

Yamaneko
08-06-2004, 08:10 AM
I just go with the flow.

Armisael
08-06-2004, 08:25 AM
I am, to a certain extent. I try to keep all my personal belongings - be it books, music CDs or DVDs - in perfect condition, and if anything gets folded, cracked, scratched or tarnished in any way, I become quite upset.

Exactly like you.

kikimm
08-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Mmm....I don't think so. When it comes to stuff like that, i'm fairly laid back. Sometimes I try to keep things in an orderly fashion, exactly the way I want it, so it's perfect...but that never lasts longer than a couple days. I like my room better mesy anyways-i know exactly where everything that way. (ironic)

:D

Az Lionheart
08-06-2004, 09:15 AM
i do really care what order stuff is in as long as it is there :D

eternalshiva
08-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Umm depends on the day. Sometimes I couldn't care less and then there are days that if something isn't placed at the right spot or if something needs to be dona ASAP, I have tendency to obsess over it. My books are all in excellent conditions and I rarely allow anyone to borrow then unless they go through a list of *This is my book and these are the rules to keep me happy* Allt he other stuff might mark me as crazy so I'll just keep them to myself :P

Cz
08-06-2004, 10:09 AM
It all depends on the situation. I really don't care if my bedroom is covered in rubbish when visitors come over, but if my CD collection isn't exactly parallel to my Hi-Fi, I'll adjust it until it looks absolutely perfect. Weird.

Silmaril
08-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Not really.

Loony BoB
08-06-2004, 12:59 PM
I have two bedrooms. All my drawers are empty and the second bedroom has my clothes strewn all over it. You could say I'm obsessive compulsive because I can't stand anything being in my drawers, though. Maybe. Eh, probably not, actually, I'm just too lazy to put things in drawers if I know I'm just going to end up taking them out again. What's the point? I live alone, I can get away with that stuff. I might have to tidy it all up for when Dan comes up, though. Hrmm.

fire_of_avalon
08-06-2004, 05:00 PM
At the moment, I'm a complete slob. But later today, that won't be so!

And I'm obsessive about locked doors. It's not so much that I have to have the door locked, but when it is locked (like when I'm in the bathroom/changing clothes/being naked) I check it at the very least three times to make sure. Well, I used to check it. I'm trying to break that habit.

Polaris
08-06-2004, 05:02 PM
About who/what?

Boys - No I am not, I don't like to be obessive with boys... it's a horrible image :mad:
Anything else - No!

Are you jealous?

Sometimes! :rolleyes2

Maxico
08-06-2004, 05:36 PM
no when somebodys obsessive/compulsive it means that everything has to be the way they want it. I am a little bit but not that much.

Xander
08-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Not really in the cleaning sense. I'm obsessive in other ways though.

Ouch!
08-06-2004, 06:51 PM
The only time I could ever be considered obsessive/compulsive is when I play games. If my items aren't in stacks with a multiple of five, I go out of my way to buy/sell/drop said items to make it so.

With my money as well, I always stick all my ones together, then my fives, then the tens and so on and so forth. Anything else though, I couldn't care less. My mom on the other hand...

Jebus
08-06-2004, 07:39 PM
The only time I could ever be considered obsessive/compulsive is when I play games. If my items aren't in stacks with a multiple of five, I go out of my way to buy/sell/drop said items to make it so.

With my money as well, I always stick all my ones together, then my fives, then the tens and so on and so forth. Anything else though, I couldn't care less. My mom on the other hand...

Yeah. I do that too. My room is never clean, but I'm obsessive about other things, like the position of the light switches, or which direction a book is facing, or whether the remote is right side up, or whether all my dvd/video cases are all right side up and facing the same direction.

-N-
08-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Holy crap, I mistook Jebus's post for my own because he has the Jebusian flag in his sig too.

square_is_the_best
08-07-2004, 01:08 AM
Not really. My room may seem claean but all the mess is well hidden thats all. I am obsessive about my games especially my favorites. I HAVE to keep them in mint condition. One scratch and I'd probably cry. I'm not impulsive or compulsive though. I used to be but not anymore.

Meat Puppet
08-07-2004, 01:13 AM
The only thing that gets me I guess is when things are crooked. Like at school the tables weren't straight so I freaked out and straightened them all out because I couldn't concentrate and landed an after school detention for disturbing the class.

Giga Guess
08-07-2004, 02:26 AM
My CD collection HAS to be in Alphebetical order by artist and chronological order after that. I'm inCREDibly fussy about that.

fire_of_avalon
08-07-2004, 02:28 AM
I forgot, I also HATE unmade beds. I can't stand sitting on/being near an unmade bed unless I'm in it.

Giga Guess
08-07-2004, 02:31 AM
C'mon! We're not OC! We're just....quirky.

Del Murder
08-07-2004, 02:51 AM
If everything isn't organized I get upset. Since the world obviously isn't fully organized I have to ignore most of it to stay calm. I'm actually quite good at that.

Rusty
08-07-2004, 04:39 AM
Not really...I dont think...hope not.

Meow
08-07-2004, 05:31 AM
Perceiver all the way.

Shoyku
08-07-2004, 05:41 AM
I am on certain things.

Breine
08-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Well, are you?

I'm like you... Scary o_O

Giga Guess
08-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Me too. My little bro scratched my Evenescence CD superficilly, a lot! I almost slit his throat I was so mad.

Storm
08-07-2004, 07:50 PM
I can be obsessive compulsive at times. No matter what, I always count to 10 while climbing stairs. Back when I was a pre-teen and I was having trouble sleeping, I got this belief into my system that I had to do 10 things 10 times before going to sleep. Some of these things included locking my door 10 times, praying for 10 people if I said a prayer, hitting my foot against the wall 10 times while lying in bed, cracking the knuckles in my fingers 10 times, and many more strange things.

The good news is, I don't do any of these anymore with the exception of counting 10 stairs. It doesn't bother me if I have my clothes all over the floor in my room, but I need to have solid items parallel or perpendicular to each other.

A few other things:
1. I can't stand seeing open drawers or cupboards. I close those instantly.
2. When taking notes in class, my writing has to be insanely neat. If I scribble out a word, I usually rip up the page and recopy. If the page gets a bend in it, I rip it up.
3. I use a ruler for literally everything in my writing, including making the top part of a square root sign. I can't stand seeing a non-straight line if it's supposed to be straight. I also need to use a compass for drawing circles. If I can get my scanner working, I'll show you an example of an assignment of mine. It's disgusting.

Rye
08-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Me too. My little bro scratched my Evenescence CD superficilly, a lot! I almost slit his throat I was so mad.

I feel for you. xD I know I'd that if my brother ruined my Evanescence CD.

I'm not very organized, but I like somethings to be perfectly neat or it annoys me. I don't spend enough awake time in my room to really notice the unorganized things in it.

Miriel
08-07-2004, 08:55 PM
I don't know if this counts but I hate stepping on the cracks on a sidewalk. Yeah, weird I know, but I'm often just staring at the ground as I walk to avoid the cracks which I guess can be a bit obsessive and compulsive.

Giga Guess
08-07-2004, 09:05 PM
I feel for you. xD I know I'd that if my brother ruined my Evanescence CD.

I'm not very organized, but I like somethings to be perfectly neat or it annoys me. I don't spend enough awake time in my room to really notice the unorganized things in it.

Actually, his saving grace is the fact that it wasn't ruined, and he was told that in no uncertain terms.