PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII conclusion !

Chris
08-06-2004, 04:22 PM
http://www.returnergames.com/worldbooks/ff7/ff7logo.gif

Story
The Final Fantasy serie has been known for it's immersive storyline, and no one captures that specific fact more than this game. I won't bother even trying to explain it for those who haven't played it yet, "spoilers" I simply hate them. But trust me when I say: It will capture your full attention from the moment you put it on, to the moment you finish it, simply splendid.

Graphics
Fine, the rendered backgrounds are beautifully detailed, and it really cool looks when you cast certain types of magics. The characters however, are not as splendid, but this won't get you detached from the characters.
You'll simply love 'em, as if they were a part of your real family, hell! they will become your family.
The Graphics are fine, and lifelike, highly standard of multi colours and detailed enviroments. I love it !

Music / Sound
The best I've ever heard in any game, the music is splendid and it really sucks you even deeper into the story "if that's even possible". Each and every time I hear "Aeris Theme" I get emotional, it reminds me of how unfortunate she was "spoilers", it's simple a marvellous melody. And so is the "Nibelheim Theme" and I could go on...and on...and on...and on...and on...and on...and on.

GamePlay
The best, the materia system is highly affective, and I don't know why the changed it in FFVIII! what's up with that? it's simple, you just choose the materia you want and put it on the chosen character. Make sure to make a balanche in the materia section, for example: if you put every materia you find on 'em they'll get less HP and more MP. And sometimes havin' more HP is more useful than strong magic attacks, balanche it! instead of too many magics, put on a "Enemy skill" but make sure to get some strong ones such as: "Shadow Flare" and "Pandora Box". "Frog Song" is also very affective.

That was my personal review on Final Fantasy VII (original review can be found here: www.gamersunderground.com). Feel free to write your own review and state your final conclusion on the greatest game ever.

Jolts
08-06-2004, 06:31 PM
My turn!

Story
Boring at times, but overall addictive.

Graphics
Polygons had no textures, but the shading wasn't too bad. Dresses seemed a little weird (you know what I mean, Aeris's dress looked like pink pants :lol: ).

Music / Sound
I find myself humming along with the music. Some of the sounds can get annoying (like that loud noise when using Ultima).

Gameplay
I wish they'd bring the materia system back. I also wish this game supported the analog sticks, but it was made before they were a part of the Playstation.

There're my quick judgements.

Wilder
08-06-2004, 08:21 PM
I want to write down a review too :

Story :
Amazing, like in the rest of The Final Fantasy games you donīt know whatīs going on until you reach 3 or 4 hours deep in the game, but later, is like a Novel with mistery , fun, drama, romance, realism, tragedy, is like an interactive movie, no.. FFVII is THE interactive movie.

Graphics :
I found them amazing , incredibles at their time, Iīve never seen something like that , it was completly new for Play station who move faster before Fat nintendoīs guy mario launch his first 3D Game. nowadays when you play it, Itīs easily to say that it wasnīt left behind by the newest FF Graphics. Different , like dark and gothic, is like The FF7 seal.

Music / Sound :
Have you heard "One winged angel", itīs breathtaking , the best music ever writed for a boss. Aerithīs theme almost make me cry "Why Aeris ??! waaaa"" , and the FX give some kind of extra touch to the gameplay.

Gameplay :
I got to say this, THE BEST !, Materia sistem is like the perfect way to mix the abbility job and the experience gain from the characters. I was like crazy moving materias from there to here , mastering them , and using them.

FFVII is the best, you donīt have it? :eek: , Go AND BUY IT NOW !!!

-N-
08-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Conclusion?

mr. anderson
08-06-2004, 09:48 PM
Story: The best story i have ever seen in a game,the story line of ffvii is really what made me love this game.If your looking for a good story ffvii is the best place to look,it will get you hooked right away.

Graphics: Great for its time,the fmvs were spectacular for when ffvii came out its not ffx graphics but you will get used to it and love them.

Music/sound: Amazing, ''One winged angel'' is the best ff song ive ever heard while Aeris' thee is very sad and when she dies its even sadderI almost cried.

Gmaeplay: The gameplay of ffvii is another thing that made me love this game, the materia system is very easy and you can decide what class your party members are.The gameplay is very good.

Overall Final Fantasy 7 is my favorite ff.

Jolts
08-07-2004, 06:56 AM
Conclusion?
Conclusion: If you like RPGs, and you don't have this game, slap yourself, then go buy it for only $15.

Stoneman
08-07-2004, 08:04 AM
ok jolts i slapped myself......ouch . oh wait ...... i own the game i slapped myself for nothing.

Ryth
08-07-2004, 11:19 PM
My turn!!!

Story 10/10
One of the best I've ever seen obivoiusly the guys at Square are master storytellers (though FFI and FF Mystic Quest and horrid stories) I'd go into details but spoilers I hate them as much as Chris does. Maybe more. I don't know (nor care) if this should in Story but it has the best characters and character devolpment (I want to know more of Vincent's past a lot) than any game on the PS1 hey maybe one of the best ever!

Graphics 9/10
Lovely, simply beautiful backgrounds, great skill/spell/limit break animations, well drawn character portaits, and bad character models.......... It doesn't matter and Sephiroth a badass blocky or not and why don't the people have hands?

Sound/Music 10/10
In High School in the yearbook FFVII was voted "Most likely to have one of the soundtracks in video game history", the yearbook was right.

Gameplay 10/10
Wonderful Materia system & I always liked finding new and more powerful equipment to boost my character's stats.

Conclusion 10/10
FFVII is my favorite FF and probaly my favorite game EVER!! If you haven't gotten this game yet than what the Hell are you waiting for!?? Get yo ass out there and get it!!!!! Please. :D

DJZen
08-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Story: It's very hard to tell what the heck is going on at times because of the hideous translation done by a handful of Japanese children still reeling from their pokemon induced seizures. Perhaps there IS depth to the characters and plot, but it's difficult to tell. I will say this though, it does SEEM compelling. 5/10

Graphics: The graphics weren't top notch when the game came out, and they haven't aged well at all. For one thing, the frame rate was just HIDEOUSLY choppy. Battles almost look like bad stop motion sequences from Army of Darkness. Even early playstation games like Resident Evil had more graphical detail in the character models (say what you will, at LEAST they HAD mouths), and some even had better CG segments (for its time, the CG in Blood Omen was ****ing incredible). The graphics aren't horrible, but they're far from superb. Probably the best part is the final boss, and even then it's nothing that's going to blow you away visually. I'd definitely say this is the weakest point of the game. 3/10

Sound/Music: There's a few good tunes. One Winged Angel is a true FF classic, but very few of the many many tunes are actually memorable. Most are simply THERE. Neither incredible nor bad. Nubuo Uematsu obviously had to do more than his fair share, and it shows. Many songs feel extremely uninspired and bland. The sounds effects are adequate, but were clearly recorded at a low sample rate to take up less disk space, and suffer lightly for it, though not a whole lot. Also, Aeris's theme is similar enough to Aria De Mezzo Carratere to be grounds for a lawsuit had the two songs been written by different composers. 4/10

Gameplay: It's Final Fantasy. 8/10

Replay Value: There's very little to keep you coming back other than challenges you could have gotten on your first run through with a little patience. The game is so long that's it's not really worth playing more than a few times, and getting new materia levels is both tiresome and cumbersome. However, it IS an RPG, and it's also Final Fantasy, meaning replay value isn't supposed to be a consideration anyway. 2/10

Extras: *shrug* it has some extra bosses and hidden materia. 4/10

Overall: It's definitely a fun game, but there's certain things that prevent it from being the greatest game of all time, and those are somewhat glaring. Will it suck you in? Yes. Will you play it religiously? Yes. Will you enjoy yourself? Most of the time, yes. 7/10 (fitting, no?)

the_end
08-09-2004, 07:50 AM
story-- the story was amazing one of the better Final Fantasys by far though it was over done ata few parts and a little sketchy but be fore warned the first disc isnt all that good but once you hit the second disc you hit it hard in a good way
graphics-- you know what they were fabulous at the time it came out you young people are spoiled with games like FFX or FFXI and such
Music and sound-- it has veriety it has action it has Crazy Motorcycle!!!
overall superbness
gameplay-- its a Final Fantasy, what do you think!!
overall-- i say the best FF so far but thats what i think because it gives more than three discs or it feels like it.