PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a PS2 just to play this...

Vega
08-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Should I pay all my money just to get FFX, FFX-2,KH and a PS2? I have heard they are great!

SeeDRankLou
08-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Actually, when I finally purchased a PS2 is was for the sole reason to play FFX and KH, which I also bought, along with a memory card. It was worth it, and the PS2 has some good games on it, and it's really convinient if you don't have a DVD player.

Vega
08-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Actually, when I finally purchased a PS2 is was for the sole reason to play FFX and KH, which I also bought, along with a memory card. It was worth it, and the PS2 has some good games on it, and it's really convinient if you don't have a DVD player.

That would be great! I am constantly sharing my family DVD player to watch my DVDs. So that would be great for my room!

Dragoon Kain
08-06-2004, 09:39 PM
yea id say its worth it. i havent played kingdom hearts but ffx is amazing. and the dvd player is also great. get it. you wont regret it.

square_is_the_best
08-07-2004, 12:44 AM
What console do you have now? And my answer to your question is yes. Don't hesitate. FFX and X-2 are my favorite FFs. They're so prismated! KH is also very phasephatical. I'm glad you are gonna buy it.

Fate Fatale
08-07-2004, 01:02 AM
I wigh I had a ps2... I have $610 but my parents have all of it (well, spent anyway) I really want a ps2, but my B-day is close to christmas soI get a bad christmas or a bad birthday. I cant get a job because I'm too young... Geez life sucks

Cloudane
08-07-2004, 01:05 AM
I don't know about *solely* worth it just for FFX. That's a lot of money!

Certainly, it, Kingdom Hearts and FFX-2 are the strongest reasons for getting one IMO, but don't forget there are zillions of other games out there too, to make it worth the purchase :)

Knight of Ni
08-07-2004, 02:41 AM
Yeah go for it. Infact I just did the same thing, I bought PS2, mem, FFX. Came out to 268$ CAN. Was the combo pack, so extra I got online device thing and ATV Offroad Two, which will be my new and improved, what? 10$ paper weight.. :tongue:

Blank
08-07-2004, 08:42 AM
my older brother bought a gamecube a while ago just to play crystal chronicles. i played the game for 2 hours and it was good. but my brother brought it all back the next day. but i do say FFX/X-2 are totally worth it. i would play Kingdom Hearts but i hate disney...so it's ruined in my eyes.

kikimm
08-07-2004, 09:39 AM
I would get it, yes, but I wouldn't get the thing JUST for that one, or two games. You can also play all of the older, PS games, plus the ps2 ones, and dvds. There is more out there than those couple games. :)
Have fun!

:D

Shlup
08-07-2004, 09:49 AM
I find it much cheaper to leech off my friends. I bought a Cube.

SeeDRankLou
08-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Please don't misinterpret me. I said when I bought the PS2 it was for the sole purpose of playing FFX and KH. I didn't say I haven't bought other games since then. There are quite a few good games for the PS2. And again, the DVD player is nice, especially in your case. I would say buy it.

Fate Fatale
08-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Cube is good but A. it has no games made from animes and B. its sole purpose is to play the tiny disks it has. I was so delusional to get it instead of the ps2 I wanted so much. Maybe I just like the diffrent colors of the system. But I will always regret getting a GCN instea of a ps2... Now all I have is the old FF games

Vega
08-07-2004, 10:11 PM
I find it much cheaper to leech off my friends. I bought a Cube.

I have a cube too! My friend only has KH though!

TasteyPies
08-08-2004, 02:56 AM
No, you should buy a Ps2 to play a heck of alot a' good games from both the ps1 and ps2

Del Murder
08-10-2004, 04:35 AM
Yeah that's what I did. I've bought more PS1 games than PS2 since then.

I think FFX and KH are worth enough to buy this system.

AaronD
08-10-2004, 06:02 AM
Cube is more of a system directed towards children i think...i mean i'm not old i'm only 18 but the games are childish, like the new zelda game and stuff you look at that then you go to ps2 with like onimusha its just a big difference

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Cube has Tales of Symphonia, that's anime enough, and it has Smash Bros. Melee and the new Zelda coming out.

But still, PS2 is the best system for the RPG lover.

mr. anderson
08-10-2004, 09:26 AM
IMO game cube has all the kiddie games, and ps2 has all the good games......like ffx and kh and loads, more so you should buy a ps2...NOW!!!!!

Auron-
08-10-2004, 08:02 PM
i bought a ps2 just to play FFX.. and some online games...

Cloudane
08-11-2004, 12:41 AM
I quite like the new Zelda game. It was kinda like X-2 or Kingdom Hearts... there's this massive thing that turns you off at first (in X-2 it's the 'girly' feel, in Kingdom Hearts it's Disney and in Zelda it's the 'cartoony' feel) but like in the other 2 games you get used to it and love the game.

Other than that and maybe Chrystal Chronicles, yeah, it's mainly kids stuff. I rented Bomerman Generation today and sent it back within an hour as it was so badly kiddified.

FFFreakX-2
08-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Yea It Is Worth It Final Fantasy X Is Beatiful Not To Meantion The Games That Square :mog: Is Makin Right Now Final Fantasy XII And Dragon Warrior VIII YaY! They Both Look Good And Kh Was Really Good And Plus U Can Play All The Ps1 Greats Too! :)

Cloudane
08-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Wow It's Really Hard Work Capitalising Every Word In A Sentence :D

Don't forget also that the PS3 isn't millennia away and is likely to be compatible with PS2 and PS1 games. Depending on your budget it could be worth waiting for that :)

Ryth
08-24-2004, 04:48 PM
I'd say so! Plus sequels to KH and I KNOW you'll find more stuff you'd like to buy on PS2. Like Dot Hack, Grownlasner Generations, Digaea, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave, Ratchet and Clank series, Sly Cooper series, Jak series, etc., etc.!