PDA

View Full Version : Rysa

Rase
08-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Nation: Rysa
Government: Monarchy
Leader: Ryan Stage, The Dark Paladin of Rysa.
Capital: Aan.
Religion: Religion is allowed as long as it conforms to The Laws. Any followers of those that do not will be persecuted.
Entrance: People are allowed entrance from either Carnage or Wyllius. All are allowed to enter.
Exit: All are allowed to leave the country, except those who are held here by The Laws.

Attachment: The attachment is the map of Rysa. The Red Square is Aan. As the picture indicates, there is a cold climate and it snows for much of the year.

Rase
08-07-2004, 06:03 AM
a) Each citizen of Rysa over the age of 21 shall pay 15% of the income s/he has gathered and/or the goods s/he has produced.
b) If any person is unable to pay the reqiered amount of money, s/he will be forced to repay the Goverment though other means, be it labor, services, property, or any means that are available immediatly.
c) If a citizen dies without paying taxes, her/his debt will be passed unto her/his heir.
d) If a citizen has overpaid thier taxes, they shall be repaid as soon as the matter is discovered, as long as it is within one year of the original payment.
e) If a person wishes, they may receive a written statement confirming that they have payed thier taxes.
f) If the country of Rysa is in a war, these laws may change as is seen fit.
g) The tax code shall be reviewed every five years.
h) All land owned by private parties shall be taxed to 15% of thier total productivity.
i) If the land does not yield profit for one year, that owner of that land shall be forced to repay the Goverment though other means, be it labor, services, property, or any means that are available immediatly.
j)Private homes and houses are exempt of land taxes.

Rase
08-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Well, here's a quick look at the calendar, if anyone cares.

The Rysan Calender contains 10 months of 36 days each, with a 5 day festival at the end of the year called kustí, the celebration of our way of life.

The calendar began 345 years ago, when the First Great King, King Vizon, came to power. He created this calendar in order to show the Rysa was going in a new direction. The land did begin to prosoper under his rule, and a New Age began.

The Months of the calendar are as follows:

Aan - The Month of the Land.
Gíksi - The Month of Fish.
X'aan – The Month of Fire.
Kées' - The Month of Floods.
Lékwaa - The Month of the Fighting Spirit.
K'eeljáa – The Month of Storms.
Dáanaa – The Month of Money.
Séew – The Month of Rain.
Kusa.áat' – The Month of Cold.
Gagaan – The Month of Sun.

There are 6 days in a week, and six weeks in a month. The days are:
Yakyee Tléix'
Yakyee Déix
Yakyee Nás'k
Yakyee Daax'oon
Yakyee Keijín
Yakyee Tleidooshú

I think that’s it. Yeah, the names are different, but they actually mean things, so it's not totally random.

EDIT: *Thanks for reminding me Nait*

Leap Years: On a leap year, there is an extra day at the end of the Kustí called the Táakw, which is to celebrate next four more years.

Wyllius
08-12-2004, 10:31 PM
I doubt you'll be recieving any people from Tremare or tourists, we're bastards to helping people get past us to other people or move through our Country.

Nait
08-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Well, here's a quick look at the calendar, if anyone cares.

The Rysan Calender contains 10 months of 36 days each, with a 5 day festival at the end of the year called kustí, the celebration of our way of life.

The calendar began 734 years ago, when the First Great King, King Vizon, came to power. He created this calendar in order to show the Rysa was going in a new direction. The land did begin to prosoper under his rule, and a New Age began.

The Months of the calendar are as follows:

Aan - The Month of the Land.
Gíksi - The Month of Fish.
X'aan – The Month of Fire.
Kées' - The Month of Floods.
Lékwaa - The Month of the Fighting Spirit.
K'eeljáa – The Month of Storms.
Dáanaa – The Month of Money.
Séew – The Month of Rain.
Kusa.áat' – The Month of Cold.
Gagaan – The Month of Sun.

There are 6 days in a week, and six weeks in a month. The days are:
Yakyee Tléix'
Yakyee Déix
Yakyee Nás'k
Yakyee Daax'oon
Yakyee Keijín
Yakyee Tleidooshú

I think that’s it. Yeah, the names are different, but they actually mean things, so it's not totally random.

That's cool, but the premise was that everyone was transported into this world, and if we listen to my calendar, your one starts 200 years before we all arrived.
:D

And remember leap-years, my good man. :cool:

Rase
08-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Well, Math never was my best subject. :shame:

Edited (hopefully) to your enjoyment.

SomethingBig
08-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Rysa rolls off my tongue. Want some fish?

Rase
08-13-2004, 07:03 AM
I, Ryan Stage, have read over this letter and find it's contents to be most endering. The prospect of being able to trade with reduced tariffs, as well as being able to send our scientist and professors to the Metareason Academy are very good indeed. I, as you, wish to establish good relations with the whole of Eizon. This diplomatic relationship between our two countries will be most useful in establishing a united Eizon. Also, seeing as how we of Rysa are an island kingdom, your offer of trade is very useful if our nation is to prosper. Therefore, we agree to establish diplomatic relations with Fiorenseo, in the hopes of forming a better whole.

May you people be well,
May your land be well,
May you be well,
Untill we speak again,

Sincerely,
Ryan Stage
Dark Paladin of Rysa.
Aan, Rysa.

fire_of_avalon
08-30-2004, 01:30 AM
To Ryan Stage, The Dark Paladin of Rysa, and the Most Respected Nobility and Peoples of Rysa

Good tidings and good meeting from your neighboring nation of Fiorenseo! As an emissary of my nation, and the newly appointed Minister of Fiorensian Foreign Affairs, I take it as my duty and my pleasure to notify you of changes in our great nation, the foremost on your minds, perhaps, is my appointment to the Ministry. I understand that in times of development such as ours, a sudden transfer of power can be a likely indicator of turmoil that could easily effect the alliances we have thusly made.

Make no mistake that I take my position very seriously, and have been briefed on Fiorenseo’s standing with its sister nations. I urge you, the leaders, the lawmakers and lawkeepers of your nation to contact me with any and all concerns you may have as a result of this.

Further, the nation of Fiorenseo has spread beyond its borders, now into the open seas and has claimed and settled a large island to the southeast. The island has been called Tuillevaem, and the port city currently being established called Ava’lone. In addition to my Ministerial duties, I also am the governmental presence of the island, with the city of Ava’lone as my base of operations. It’s quite possible that this expansion has created new trade routes that were overlooked before.

I strongly believe the expansion and development of our nation is also a step towards the development of all our allied nations, and perhaps someday, our very world.

Yours in Deepest Respect and Desire for Progress

Megan the Feisty, The Fire of Ava’lone
Emissary of Yebus T'Emirano, of the Nation Fiorenseo
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Governor of the Isle of Tuillevaem, the Port City of Ava’lone

Rase
08-30-2004, 02:32 AM
To Megan the Feisty, The Fire of Ava’lone, Emissary of Yebus T'Emirano, of the Nation Fiorenseo, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Governor of the Isle of Tuillevaem, the Port City of Ava’lone.

Thank you for informing me of the recent changes happening in your country. I wish you all the best of luck as Governer of the Isle of Tuillevaem. It sounds as though your country is faring very well. Please inform me of anymore updates.

May you people be well,
May your land be well,
May you be well,
Untill we speak again,

Sincerely,
Ryan Stage
Dark Paladin of Rysa.
Aan, Rysa.

Now, as a nod to the general public, there is plenty of land available for settling. PLease post if you have any question or would like to join Rysa.

Carnage
11-21-2004, 04:22 AM
I have declared war on you. In 3 days your nation will be mine.(unless proto stops me again!)

Good Day

Pheesh
11-21-2004, 08:50 AM
bout time i got to do something carnage.

Carnage
11-22-2004, 08:34 PM
One more day : )

Agent Proto
11-22-2004, 10:15 PM
No it's not. : )

Besides, I told you that you can't declare war on nations without a leader. Rysa's one of the few without one since I've removed inactive leaders.

Pheesh
11-23-2004, 08:15 AM
ok then. Lets retaliate by waging war on......PROTO.

Carnage
11-23-2004, 07:42 PM
No........Bad general. No war on proto. Thats like declaring war on god.

I didnt know that rysa didnt have a leader. I thought dark paladin cecil was its leader.*goes to find more land to conquer*