PDA

View Full Version : Creating Emotion

nik0tine
08-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Are there any peices of artwork you have encountered that inspires incredible amounts of emotion in you? Be it a painting, sculpture, song, anything that can actaully amke you 'feel' that certain thing?

Johnny Cash's song "hurt" does this to me. I can't stop listening to it, and it jsut creates a surge of somber emotion within me. So, is there any artwork out there powerful enough to have an effect on you?

Shlup
08-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Eh, yeah... sometimes. I can't think of any examples that I want to list right now though. I'll think about it.

Rainecloud
08-07-2004, 01:20 PM
A lot of songs can have a massive impact on my emotional state. If I listen to a rock song, I start to feel all jumpy and crazy. If I listen to a really sad song, I might become pessimistic and/or upset.

Music is pretty powerful. *nod*

-N-
08-07-2004, 05:46 PM
J Ralph - Untitled 17. JRalph (http://www.jralph.com) It's just moving.

N - Untitled 2. No MP3 available for this one; it's only a demo cut. ;) Makes me feel smiley and upbeat.

Xander
08-07-2004, 09:15 PM
I don't like them much, but The Streets current song, Dry your Eyes made me feel kinda emotional maybe because it reminded me of my breakup with my ex so much.

Demerwen Owns
08-07-2004, 09:48 PM
The 1812 Overture makes me feel like im blowing stuff up and thusly provides a nice adrenaline rush.

Giga Guess
08-08-2004, 06:16 PM
My Immortal-Evanescence and You Raise Me Up-Josh Groban for two VERY opposite results.

escobert
08-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Cold - Bleed always makes me feel depressed
also Linkin Park - My December for some reason does too.

GhandiOwnsYou
08-09-2004, 01:57 AM
Jerry Uelsmann. If you haven't heard of him, you need to check out his artwork. It sets forth quite an indescribable mood. even his fairly normal stuff sets forth almost an ominous mood. He works primarily with darkroom techniques (he's a photographer) and put together photo montages of a number of negatives with advanced burn and dodge techniques (to anal retentive lengths) on silver print. Check out the Kodak Masters web page if you're photographically inclined, if not there are a nubmer of gallerys about, just search for them.