PDA

View Full Version : Time count.

Nait
08-07-2004, 04:31 PM
BoB said I could play like the transportation would have happened a few hundred years in the past. I am going to detail the Zhemitean time-count here - make up your own. :cool: Or borrow mine. Cultural hegemony, baby!

I presume that the Eizonian year is the same as our year and the day is the same (and also the phases of the moon are the same?).

The Calendar of Zhem is a lunisolar calendar which basically imitates <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positivist_calendar">the Positivist calendar</a>. The year is divided into 13 months of 28 days, with an extra day at the turn of the year, called <i>Marrasyö</i>, "Death-night".
The year ends the day with the shortest day, and the following night is Marrasyö, which heralds the start of the year at the Winter Solstice of the southern Eizonian hemisphere.

The months are called as follows:

1. Marraskuu - the Month of Death
2. Valkokuu - the White Month
3. Helmikuu - the Month of Pearls (ice-pearls)
4. Maakuu - the Month of Earth (thawing earth)
5. Purokuu - Months of Streams
6. Emokuu - Mother Month
7. Kesäkuu - the Month of Summer
8. Lehtikuu - the Month of Leaves
9. Heinäkuu - the Month of Grass
10. Syyskuu - Month of Autumn
11. Routakuu - the Month of Frozen Earth
12. Sumukuu - the Month of Dim (frozen breath)
13. Ensikuu - the Month of First (ensilumi, first snow)

The days of the week stand thus:

Kuunta
Tähtä
Maanta
Merenta
Päiväntä
Ukonta
Salanta

Each month starts with the Kuunta day, because Marrasyö does not belong in the days of the week.

Every leap year (<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_year#Long_term_leap_year_rules">every four years except for blah blah blah</a>) there is an additional day, held one day after Marrasyö, which is outside the week-day circle, called the Elonpäivä, Day of Life.

I say it's the year 547 Tulon Jälkeen, TJ, After the Rift, AR.
*_*

-N-
08-07-2004, 06:08 PM
547 TJ AR? Let's give a day and month too. Heinäkuu 14.

So 547/9/14. (Y-M-D is weird for me, but makes the most sense.)

Nait
08-07-2004, 06:11 PM
A day is a bit too much, I think. :p

Giga Guess
08-27-2004, 02:57 AM
My....head hurts. Is that the official time scale? Eh. I don't much feel like making my own, so I guess I can't complain too loud...