PDA

View Full Version : favorite type of sword

Inuyasha23
08-07-2004, 05:34 PM
i had a thread on the best weapon and the last couple post were talking about what type of sword was better, so i ended up making this poll.

my personal favorite is the celtic combat sword. It sports a 2 1/8X 19in. blade set into a solid brass creasent shape gaurd. it has a 5.in long ebony wood handle is excellent in close combat.

Snowman
08-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Inuyasha23.....it's funny that you started this thread because Ultima just asked me a similar question a couple of days ago lol.

while i love the beuty and detail that went in to celtic swords, the exquisite shape of a leafblade, the detail that went into the grips, pommels and quillions (not surrpiseing considering they were one of teh greatest artistic cultures of man to EVER live.

for combat, i enjoy my broadsword - single hander, hand and a half and even a double hander. i dont say that lightly, theres many nice and decent swords listed there (youve missed some), ive tought people to fight for real with swords for a long time.....personnally ive weilded and fought with swords for 22 years (yes real, steel, sharp swords) and now more than ever it's important for you to be able to fight against any style or against any sword or even weapon since their are very few cultural boundries today. It's up to each individual.....but i know with every ounce and measure of my skill that certain swords are weaker than others regardless of style.

as for the weapons you missed, the most obvious are Wasters and Bokkens - wooden swords. certainly wooden swords were used for training purposes, but in most cultures wooden swords were also full combat weapons....killing opponants with them..

Hope i helped with my own oppinions

Ultima Shadow
08-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Hmmm... I've never had a favorite type of sword... but I go for broad sword.

However... NOTHING beats the dancing banana sword! :banana: It can kill anything with its dancing awesomeness!

CloudySky
08-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Tough choise! I like light swords, long ones, but my favourite one would be Wakizashi.

Ultima Shadow
08-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Tough choise! I like light swords, long ones, but my favourite one would be Wakizashi.
Yea, but from what I've heard Wakizashis are sucide swords. Not meant to figth with. :cool:

CloudySky
08-07-2004, 08:50 PM
lol. I'm surprised you know it. It's true but not exactly. So my joke didn't work after all.
A wakizashi (脇差) is a traditional Japanese sword with a blade between 12 and 24 inches, similar to but shorter than a katana, together with which it was often worn.
According to traditional samurai law, or Bushido, a wakizashi is used only to commit seppuku (i.e. hara-kiri). After the 16th century it was sometimes used in the off hand with the katana, a technique pioneered by Miyamoto Musashi.

Ultima Shadow
08-07-2004, 09:01 PM
lol. I'm surprised you know it. It's true but not exactly. So my joke didn't worked after all.
A wakizashi (脇差) is a traditional Japanese sword with a blade between 12 and 24 inches, similar to but shorter than a katana, together with which it was often worn.
According to traditional samurai law, or Bushido, a wakizashi is used only to commit seppuku (i.e. hara-kiri). After the 16th century it was sometimes used in the off hand with the katana, a technique pioneered by Miyamoto Musashi.
Yea, I knew that to. ;) Ummm... ok, I didn't know that Miyamoto Musashi thing. :D
However... I don't think Wakizashis are very good in battle, I actually have one (a pretty cheap one)... and it dosen't feel very good to slach,slay,splatt,kill,crash with.
:chop:

CloudySky
08-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Actually it supposed to be a joke, lol. This poll is in General FF and Yojimbo uses Wakizashi not on himself I must say, lol.

Ultima Shadow
08-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Actually it supposed to be a joke, lol. This poll is in General FF and Yojimbo uses Wakizashi not on himself I must say, lol.
Yea, I know it was a joke lol... but I still like to discuss it. :p
Actually... sometimes it looks like Yojimbos Wakizashi is stuck in his stomach or something, before he take it out.

CloudySky
08-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Actually... sometimes it looks like Yojimbos Wakizashi is stuck in his stomach or something, before he take it out.
Yep, lol, I thought it's my imagination!

Az Lionheart
08-07-2004, 10:58 PM
and where exactly is the GUNBLADE? :confused:

IronMaidenHikari
08-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Ditto that! Whhhaaa!! No gunblade!!
anyways, I chose the Gradius.

Inuyasha23
08-08-2004, 02:12 AM
sorry that i missed some but i could only list twenty so these are the ones that i thought of first....i probly could have specified the handle length on a few of them....i think great sword covers most of the two handed blades.....and i should have mentioned which style of claymore.

about the gunblade...in case you didn't notice or you're a complete retard this is about REAL swords.

Snowman
08-08-2004, 08:49 AM
banana sword lol you loon Ultima

it's a common misunderstanding that broadswords are heavy, cumbersome and blunt, they are in fact none fo these. IF your fighting right and not a nutter waving ti around lol, a boradsword is just as fast and powerful as any japanese, cantonese, celtic or roman sword. the differnce is they are sturdyer. once a katana looses it's edge, which can happen fast if your ACTUALLY sword fighting which means parrys, blocks and blows over and over, the katana isnt even a lump of metal anymore not to mention they are unfortunatly brittle because of their nature.. a broadswords edge is harder to loose, and when it does it simply burrs, the bur is dangerous and can rip someone apart easy and at the end you simply de-burr it and carry on.

yep....see the japanese are great masters of advertiseing and propaganda. certainly america is to blame for the popularity of eastern martial arts but how many people knew the celts had their own martial arts. Sword and dagger fighting is normal over here and has been eve since the weapons were invented.

Az....no gunblade. i belive the list is based on real world swords which of course we all know FF embraced and then made crazy mutated vertions of....those daggers that did have muskets bolted onto never resembled Squalls good ol gunblade

the thing about useing a gladius is that it's like having a little penis. like anything small, if you know how to use it it can work well, but most men dont know how to use it lol (couldnt help a rude joke). romans werent designed for real combat. they relied on hiding behind a massive shiled wall which is why they were actually poor warriors. if you were foolish enough to stand in a compleatly open field and allow them to hide behind their sheilds then of course they have an advantage, but in every case where gorrilla warfare was used, or romans were fighting in small numbers, even one on one thy were piss poor. MOST people dont belive and dont have the confidence to take on a BIG HUGE WHOPPER of a sword with a short sword, or even a dagger but actually it's very easy......not easy for romans tho.

Inuyasha23
08-08-2004, 05:45 PM
i can't say that i exactly agree with you on some of that. I'm not an excpert on roman warfare but i think i might know a little. The grunt soldiers that carried the huge shields carred swords too but their main weapon would be something like a spear or pole axe.

i think they must have been some kind of warriors they concoured the entire know world at their time.

Jolts
08-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Sorry, not a sword buff. What are the kind that have part of the blade facing backwards?

sephiroth21
08-08-2004, 07:49 PM
a reverse blade swor? from samurai x

Snowman
08-08-2004, 09:02 PM
romans used spears with their sheild wall because they relied on their opponants running into them, when your packed close togeather it becomes harder to deal with a spear. when you have space around you it's easy to deal with an opponant with a spear. the romans adopted gladius because they were small and cheaper to produce, smaller for their close knit working. they basically won victories by haveing VAST numbers and hiding behind a sheild wall, hence they mainly used spears, but once the opposition is pressing against your sheild wall and YOU have no room to move a spear becomes useless (you need distance) and they drew their small little swords and started thrusting blindly (by romans own accounts). this ONLY worked if your forces were foolish enough to fight romans on open ground and charge into their borglike shield walls. on a one on one bases romans were weaker warriors. the celts tore roman legions apart by useing gorilla warefare.....acttacking legions as they walked through forests because romans couldnt survive unless all grouped togeather behind a sheild wall. - and that was by romans accounts, some of their best legions that were defeated. it's funny but the only time romans "cliamed" to win was when we (celts) did things that were totally out fo our nature and more roman than celtic.....like fighting on a open feild and poisening ourselves.

if you have VAST numbers that can all hide behind a defensive wall and intimidate such a way, then you have more chance of winning. dont forget, the romans were masters of propaganda, even today we are only just discovering the lies they told about cultures who they wanted to besmurch. they always tried to bribe, blackmail and currupt cultures they wanted to invade first.....with fine items, trade and fashions....then once in they began to batter, beat and rape not to mention take slavery to a new level. they often tried to avoid combat because they NEEDED such setup situations to win.

yeah...a blade that points towards you..now THATS stupid lol :love:

Inuyasha23
08-09-2004, 02:18 AM
time to deduce the obvious....

1. the romans did not always run around in a turtle formation.

2.the roman army was not composed entirely of shield carrying blood lusting loonies, there were archers, mounted calvery, infentry, so on and so forth.

3.the romans (roman soldiers) were good fighters, not the best one on one as the spartains proved. They were also good tactitions, also not the best proven by Ben Her and Attila the hun.

4. where are the accounts of the romans coming from...i haven't seen many legions marching around lately :cool:

5. i honestly do not care what the roman's did.

Snowman
08-09-2004, 12:23 PM
who said anything about a turtle formation? their fav was points forming a massive saw so that incoming opponants were forced into an unweildy shape.

actually the majority of the roman army was blood lusting loonies who were kept on a leesh...read some history and by their own confesstion they do unspeable things similar to the nazis. however they often prefferd to use cavalry to mop up fleeing opponants and their archers when their opponants werent stupid enough to fall for their formation traps i didnt talk about them because we were talking about sworplay

Romes main objective was not to simply take over teh world....but to assimilate. each culture and civilisation they invaded and subdued they assimilated aspects of that culture and claimed it for themselves...hence the greek gods and goddess. MOST of their warefare, tactics, weapon advances were assimilated, so no, thye werent that good at all, the people who they stole from were. as for them being good fighters....no they werent. tactics isnt good fighting, and having looked at many of their tactics as a warrior i can see glareing holes in which to defeat them. do you mistake me for someone whos playing here...many times ive fought for me life or to save others, everything i teach about sword combat is REAL, life and death against real weapons. you dont have to belive me, thats your choice, but im a pro, so im happy that i know.

your lucky to have not seen legions. however re-inactment is still taken seriously and professtionally over here and so, althought they look like a bunch of girls, you will find entire roman ligions of people attending historical battles in kit that cost thousands of pounds, as you will celts and vikings. Most events are run by English heritige as both an educational establishment for the masses but also to fund the preservation of our historical monuments...thus why roman legions do still walk the earth. however, like the arabs of the cursader age, romans prided themslevs on keeping historicle records, much of what we know about eh ancient worlds are from records and information kept by often the most hostile cultures. however we are also discovering that these historicle records were often intended to alter history and reality entirely in favour of the attackers. everything written down....thats where im getting my facts from.

you may not care what atrocities romans did......but you should be interested in cultures if your into swords. swords differ form culture to culture because that culture had differnt needs and ideas. for example, celtic swords were beutiful individualistic works of art because the celts were great artists.....while the gladius was run of the mill mass produced and cheap because the romans were essentially a factory, mass production. by understanding a culture (you dont have to like them) you understand the purpose of a sword.

the same goes for sword combat.....every sword has developed the way it has for a particular cultures landscape, but today we mix. there fore it's no shame to accpet that some swords are very weak and arent balanced like a good weapon should be

Turk
08-10-2004, 03:22 AM
The Turkish-Caucasian Yatagan is the best. (just saying that cause i'm from there. so no debate.)

http://www.oriental-arms.com/photos/items/67/000667/ph-0.jpg
http://www.vikingsword.com/i2/e763f.jpg

Jebus
08-10-2004, 03:40 AM
Where's the bastard sword?

Those swords kick ass. Its also known as a hand and a half sword, due to its ability to be wielded with one or two hands.

/me owns one, its quite nice, if a bit heavy on one hand to someone who's never used a sword before like me. Although its one-handed balance is quite nice.

Giga Guess
08-10-2004, 03:55 AM
I have a lot of respect for the katana. The intricacies in the forgery, the grace....wow....

sephiroth21
08-10-2004, 05:41 AM
here is my sword:

mr. anderson
08-10-2004, 06:07 AM
katanas are the best though a daimond katana would be even better....

Ultima Shadow
08-10-2004, 09:38 AM
katanas are the best though a daimond katana would be even better....
Bah, that's useless compared to the banana sword!

http://images.neopets.com/items/bd_buttersword.gif

Snowman
08-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Turk.....i dont think theirs a better one than teh celtic leafblade....but thats because im celtic :) really it doesnt matter, they arent teh weapon, we are, they dont jupom up and fight on their own. i think you made a pretty choice, it would look good on a mantlepeice. (on a combat note the lack of quillions would mean you had to be very careful even just playing with it)

Jebus, the hand and a half, two hander and single hander are classed as BroadSword. you would never use a hand and a half singlehanded because it's impossible to do your blows properly with it (only do so if your wounded). you hold one hand close to the quillions lightly, the other hand rests on the Pommel and steers the sword. the hand next to the wuillion simply takes the waight.

for all the effort in making katanas, they are far to brittle. they can look nice to many people, they can be better than nothing...but
for me....thers so many inherint weakness in the simple style (look, form and shape) of the katana that you end up having to put extra effort in to make up for it's weakness. on the other hand....it makes n easy battle fighting someone whos useing one

Giga Guess
08-11-2004, 12:45 AM
I actually have 3 katanas and a tanto actually. Soon's I can get a camera, I'll try to post pics.

sephiroth21
08-11-2004, 03:14 AM
i only have two swords, a 2 hand broad sword and a sword that i dont know what it is, it is like the one i n blade, the blade sword, but is a bit shoreter, a little thicker and has a solid wood handel

Inuyasha23
08-11-2004, 03:17 AM
i didn't put dowm the name bastard sword of two reasons... one i was out of room....and two the last time i even said damn somebody complained...damn political correctness...

i think i already said this once, this is about real swords...the banana sword doesn't fall into that catagory.

Snowman
08-11-2004, 12:46 PM
cool Giga.....weve got around forty odd swords around teh house and garage, only one fo them isnt useable since it doesnt have a tang....and thats the katana...thats not counting the spears, axes, flails etc :)

Seph...the sword you dont know sounds like a gladius, but without seeing i carnt be sure

I agree Inuyasha..you did right not to put B sword. it's a stupid name and is nonsense anyway. a sword is a sword. a hand and a half was delibertly the way it was to serve differnt functions, exactly like a single hander and a two hander, the reason people call it that nasty name is stupid and irrelevant. it would be like calling a sandwich toaster that onely does ONE toasted sandwhich the same thing. :)

while i agree about the banana sword.....reality IS a funny thing. after all. you can make a REAL buster sword, out of steel, sharpend. because of it's sheer design you couldnt weild it properly in combat and you would have a death wish if you did (easily defeated i mean), BUT....you could still put it on your mantle peice and admire it.....so it could still be a real sword.
what counts as real....if real is the ability to fight with it, then MOST oriental swords you can buy today arent real. (i think you mean real as in - used in history), but do you see my point

Inuyasha23
08-14-2004, 02:20 AM
my definetion of sword.....a long thin piece of metal, iron, steel(so on and so forth) sharpened and set to a handle to be used in battle.

i know swords are look at as peices of art and are used in serimonies but the origanal role they played was as weapon

Snowman
08-14-2004, 05:34 PM
that definition also fits knifes, daggers, spears etc....even gardening instraments lol (im not having a go, just teasing ya)
that said..theres a common mistake where people call daggers swords, most often you find this in manga, but it's amazing how many pratts you come across who say the same

many cultures mostly only used swords as gifts and artwork.

this may stir people up.......unlike a gun, or an axe, a sword is actually a weapon of defence :)
(if people agree then fine...if anyone doesnt...dont jump down my throat to quickly, im an experianced tried and tested sword master and have been fighting for real longer than many posters on Eyes on FF have been alive....so if people want to know why i say that they have only to ask) :D :love:

Giga Guess
08-14-2004, 07:04 PM
No, I understand completely. You can't block a damn thing with a gun, and an axe is only a little better because for the most part, the handle is wooden, and can't stand up to a lot of abuse. A sword, especially with a good hilt, can be used effectively in a defensive manner.

Snowman
08-14-2004, 07:12 PM
never.ever, use your hilt except your quillions. theres alot of nonsens about punching, holding your blade, useing a sword like a hammer, it's a sure fire way to die quickly. what i refferd to is the fact your sword only does any damage if your trying to. otherwise you can fight a full battle and defeat your opponant without drawing blood or breaking anything.

Giga Guess
08-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Fair enough. Did I mention that I *haven't* done any sword fighting. And I only meant that the sword sliding down would be held (If briefly) by the guard, rather than removing fingers.

Snowman
08-14-2004, 10:38 PM
sorry Giga..i didnt mean to come across strong. i meant to emphasise my point because it's dangerous to start having any violence near your hands. ive known alot of people who have done crazy things that thye thought were cool or sensible and they loose fingers, ears etc. it's a reason we insist on no stabbing in the back. we do teach you how to stab in the back properly..but not so you can...so you know how to safely handle a situation if you see what i mean.

in the UK it's popular to now research old sword fighting manuels that have survived history (manuels written by pimps and brotherl owners not to mention gamblers etc). but anyone thats been fighting for real..for a while can see how stupid and dangerous these manuels are. however, theres many others who seek fame and infamy who belive these manuels are everything....the same people also belive in hurting their friends when sparring and fighting with them. as a rule of thumb i say "we all want to play, and most of us have to go to work the next morning, so lets play safe and proffestional."

when your parrying and blocking, most of the oncoming attacks should be cought around teh middle of the blade, on the flat if possible. a block stops a blow solidly, a parry carries teh blow on and away. if your fighting well, your quillions will actually not be touched much.

Giga Guess
08-15-2004, 12:29 AM
Oh, I understand completely. I own 3 katanas, and the only thing I cut, and ever plan on cutting is air. And I'd never dream of doing half the things I see in movies.Hilt punches, spinny cuts, I just watch and think that mid-spin, he'd've been cut in half in real life.

And I didn't mean to sound snippy. More sheepish.

And it's called the quillion, eh? Cool! Learn something new every day.

Snowman
08-15-2004, 04:18 PM
well even if your katana doesnt have a Tang, you can still cut with it. i admit i have a lovely red and black katana and i use it for practise on my own as well as sliceing apples. mine which doesnt have a tang..i just flip an apple up in the air and do any muber of blows....slicing it in twos or threes. IF you had to, you can still kill or wound people since the blade will slice through them like butter...they just wont stand up to actual fighting against other swords.

the thing is, weather useing wooden swords which are dangerous weapons in their own right.....or metal ones, you know a good fighter because they are in total control of their weapon. they can do all their blows at full speed and land them on their opponant and it doesnt hurt because they know how to "pull" the blow. thats a measure....no matter what someone says, not matter how they boast or inform.....if they dont know how to pull their blows or fight for real without causeing damage.....they arent a real sword fighter

dont trust my spelling lol, but yes. above the grip, on western swords like broadswords it's a quillion. the japanese have another name, but theres is useually disc shaped as well. other swords dont have one at all. most of the time mine never get touched, but theres always those moments, when youre tired or you missed a moment and that quillion stops your hand getting hurt.

Giga Guess
08-15-2004, 04:29 PM
Cool! And I agree. I mean I heard on the set of the last samurai, Tom Cruise almost met an unsightly end, as his robotic mount zigged when it should've zagged.His co-star (Whom I'm ashamed to say, I can't remember his name for the life of me) was able to pull his blow in a nick of time. That had me just awestruck.

Snowman
08-15-2004, 04:43 PM
well, i always considerd it normal to know how to pull your blows and still land them. it's what ive always known since i won battles as a little kid...it's what we always teach people how to fight. then i had a small break from it for a little while....and all these new people popped up out of the woodwork and none of them had a clue. they were all starting to try and set up british federations of this and that to do with sword fighting...but they were crazy, dangerous nutters. and they preached that they were the best and only resource around.

Giga Guess
08-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Y'see, that's why I try to avoid claims like that. People then expect the infamous "put up, or shut up."

Snowman
08-15-2004, 05:01 PM
thats why i enjoy a simple saying - the proof is in the pudding. everything i teach and say...i can do and have exeperianced. thing is it's normal for me...and people who it isnt normal too get funny ideas in their heads. ive had loads of ...well basically arguments online because you carnt take someone outside and prove a valuable point. some people have critisied me elsewhere because i tell it straight and they hide whatever background they have....claiming i have a big ego, but if a great builder talks about his work, would he have gotten the work in the first place if he put himself down or remained shy?. be honest with yourself....because no one else will (except loved ones)

Giga Guess
08-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Exactly. Actually, I've grown in just a few posts a great deal of respect for you.

Snowman
08-15-2004, 05:26 PM
thanxx, thats very nice and it means alot.

it's my and my familys philisophy in combat that you should be fighting because you enjoy it, not because you want to hurt people. time and again ive fought and watched people fight who only want to hurt, cause pain, cheat, stab in the back etc...and they are always teh worst fighters. ive seen studants who think that fear and hurting is funny .....and then in a weeks time no one wants to fight them, not because they are scared....because it isnt fun, and those nasty buggers are left on their own.
Enjoy your opponant, enjoy the fight and try to keep it going for as long as you can, enjoy awakening your body, your reflexes, and the parts of yourself that everyday life doesnt require. ive been enjoying it so much i dont even use my eyes anymore, i fly on pure insticts, seeing from every pore of my body and aura. people who dont fight think im talking nonsense, but they havent opend themselves to it, it's a dance.
enjoy it...play

Giga Guess
08-15-2004, 05:38 PM
If it means anything, I don't think I have it in me to actively try to hurt someone. ^_^

Snowman
08-15-2004, 05:53 PM
we all do, but most people arent in touch with what and who they really are. ive learnt to understand, accept and tame my inner beasts, so i work with them rather than viaing for control. others surrender to that side of them, becoming violent because they lack character or inner streaghth while most normal people simply are unaware of where that inner beast lives and rarely encounter it like a big fat sleeping dog who loves sausages. with teh right trigger, you would kill someone easily for your sausages. we are only animals.

the sword can help us learn to tame that inner beast. bring a child up around knifes, let them learn how to use one and why they are dangerous, and that child wont cut itself as a man. :D

Giga Guess
08-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Heh. I've met one of the aforementioned. We had a little yardstick fight. I WAS trying to pull my punches, he WAS trying to forcibly remove my head. To the plus side, I learned my reflexes were better than I thought....:D

Inuyasha23
08-15-2004, 10:00 PM
47 replies and 16 of them are actually talking about their favorite type of sword

Ultima Shadow
08-15-2004, 11:23 PM
47 replies and 16 of them are actually talking about their favorite type of sword
WOW, that means it's... 31 interesting posts that I actually enjoy reading! :tongue:

Erased
08-15-2004, 11:43 PM
If someone hadn't gone and closed it, I'd have voted for Katana.
"The only real sword is a Japanese sword." Saitoh, Rurouni Kenshin. Man, was he right. Had Kodachi been up there, I'd much rather slaughter someone that way - err... fight with no intention of winning... right.

Oh yeah - Snowman, You're really bugging me. Mostly because I know your right and I never really thought of it. Nice insight ^^

Snowman
08-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Hey Giga..ive had many fo those exact moments, even from people who classed themselves as close freinds lol, once i lost it and beat up a mate with a plastic coke bottle lol, it wasnt eh coke bottle he was scared of as much as my manic look whahaha.
thats how you learn what your capable of in a fight, everything else is practise lol, if the reflexes arent there, then they wont ever be.

Inuyasha....havent i seen you dweling in TFrealm. looking at swords but not wanting to use them, or bing interested in useing them is like being a stamp collector or looking at pencils...boreing and a bit pretentous :love:

im glad your interested Ultima.

thanxx Erased, why let it bug you. trick is..everyone can fight their own way, but you have to accept when your fighting has loads of holes in it and is poor because your loosing al the time.

as for a katana being the best sword.....it's all imagination, youve gotta be blind, deaf, slow, crippled and carnt be btoherd to let someone with a katana beat you. styles vary, but teh facts are teh facts, single edged, brittle, small gaurds, curved, rigid "natural" combat style. Nothing wrong with bokkens..wooden swords are a valuable, great weapon. you can kill as easily as with a steel sword, they are light, manuverable, replaceable and dont suffer from shape like a steel katana can. it's like a knife, they can open a tin of beans, but they arent as good as a tin opener :)

top tip

you know if your leanring how to fight well IF -

When you fight, you can win without being hit, or rather fight without being hit.
thers people out there...especially in teh USA who think that sword fighting is simply bashing each other over the head untill one fo you gives in. no defence, no actual fighting..just braying heck out of each other, theres others who will teach you moves that can get your fingers cut off by gripping the blade, that teach you never to defend but simply be the fastest to hit.
THIS is where common sense comes in, no matter what these people say, how long do you think you would last fighting opponants for real if you just let them hit you....even small cuts can become infected.
You are able to fight and win without eeven getting a scratch if you know what your doing, this is the basic fact of fighting.

so if someone tells you simply to bash away, no defence or care, no ability or skill, you know that persons talking out of their backside

Don't double post. -Murder

Giga Guess
08-18-2004, 11:38 PM
Agreed.

Snowman
08-18-2004, 11:57 PM
the path of a warrior is an individual one, every fight is individual, only you are there, no ones gonna help you, it has to be your skill and heart. many are defeated before they raise a blade.

i weild chivalry and honer, to be anything other is lazy. im vege, i hate mankind for the evil it's done under teh title of ignorance and teh right of might. so i remain strong, powerful. i stand as the thing which bad people dont want to come across, and when they do i make sure they dont get up again. being good doesnt have to mean being helpless. helplessness is simply a choice and liberty