PDA

View Full Version : Industries.

Nait
08-07-2004, 07:39 PM
What sort of industries are there in Eizon?

I take dibs on silk, paper, glass and porcelain. <_< >_>

Someone else can take spices. The food of Zhem won't be half-rotten meat in need of too much pepper, like in the Europe of the middle-ages. >:o

Anyhow. Make up an industry!

<i>Zhemite fabric</i>... which is basically denim. Popular among sailors and labourers.
EDIT: And it's made of hemp, of course. >_> <_<

Cz
08-07-2004, 08:13 PM
I call all forms of mining, especially Spice Mining. I get C3PO and R2-D2, too. :D

Nait
08-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Spice is a scourge. Hyper-active third eyes? Ugh.

Heath
08-07-2004, 09:48 PM
I think mining should be well within Vanian's reaches as well, seeing as we have a rather large mountain range. Gotta be SOME nice raw materials SOMEWHERE in there. :D

-N-
08-07-2004, 10:12 PM
How can you take dibs on industries unless you have the natural resources to start them? :rolleyes:

Since I no longer have much to do with trade (Metareason is no longer a corporation, now it is an academy of learning), I suppose it doesn't affect me to any great extent anymore. But seriously, folks, you can't just be pulling stuff out of nowhere. If your land has the natural resources, great, you can use them - if they don't, you have to pull a Japanese economy, import the raw materials, and turn them into finished goods efficiently enough to overcome import/export tariffs and pull a profit.

edit: I don't have privs to start a thread, but should we discuss ambassadorships?

Nait
08-07-2004, 10:19 PM
ACH, but silk, paper, glass and, I think, porcelain are NOT tied into ummovable sources! Silk comes from silkworms, paper from trees, glass from sand and porcelain.. From bone and clay and stuff. :D These things require only technique and knowledge - not a lot of raw resources. >:D

I'll make a thread about ambassadorship.

Wyllius
08-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Depending if magic is a natural resource as well as some sort of planetary force, then I'll have to start a few magic mines, as well as infrastructural industries such as stone mining and construction.

-N-
08-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Yeah... does magic exist or not? Because if it does, then you have to establish rules for using it, such as you have to be appropriately trained in using magic - you can't just extract it out of the ground like FFVIII. :mad: So you have to enroll in Metareason Academy, the world's only established institution of learning with an acclaimed School of Magic.

Az Lionheart
08-07-2004, 11:46 PM
i supose i could mine one thing every one needs....sand.......i have region 12 an desert YAY (kind of) any ideas for me?

Cz
08-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Since we don't have a map of resources, it's impossible to tell who has access to what. However, most resources are pretty easy to obtain, so it might be best to assume that every nation produces paper, silk etc. with only very rare materials being exclusive to a certain region.

-N-
08-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Didn't BoB come up with some kind of resource chart?

Az Lionheart
08-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Since we don't have a map of resources, it's impossible to tell who has access to what. However, most resources are pretty easy to obtain, so it might be best to assume that every nation produces paper, silk etc. with only very rare materials being exclusive to a certain region.

Agreed

Nait
08-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Yeah... does magic exist or not? Because if it does, then you have to establish rules for using it, such as you have to be appropriately trained in using magic - you can't just extract it out of the ground like FFVIII. :mad: So you have to enroll in Metareason Academy, the world's only established institution of learning with an acclaimed School of Magic.

PFFT, this is SO false. I posted MY Academy some time before this post, and I can tell you, we at the Academy of Zhem can do BETTER than those at Metareason. :D

Phil
08-08-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm into the thief industry and the diamond mines

Az Lionheart
08-08-2004, 12:06 AM
my governement has a lot of magic as it is run by summoners!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychotic
08-08-2004, 10:18 AM
I'd probably have a lot of mines as I have mountains. Gold mines hopefully. :D

Nait
08-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Remember kids - the more gold there is, the more worthless it is.

Personally I don't understand the whole fascination with gold. Silver, imho, is much more prettier.

Cz
08-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Since this is a whole new world, perhaps we could make Sodium Chloride an incredibly rare compound. I'd like to see people trading in Salt. :)

Nait
08-08-2004, 11:16 AM
But people DO trade in salt. :O It's handy stuff.

Heath
08-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Silver IS much prettier.

And Sodium Chloride is useful for food, as a preservative and as a flavouring :D

Proxy
08-09-2004, 06:47 AM
Vacational industry right here. I'm the travel agent for all of Eizon xP

Jebus
08-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Sorry I'm a bit late with this, but alright then.

Major Fiorensian exports include:

Various fruits that people brought with them through the rift years ago, including grapes, apples and peaches.

Wine: made out of the grapes, and a special hybrid of sugar that was here when we arrived. Has an unusually sweet taste and is in high demand by the upper class.

Iron and steel.

Various bladed weapons: Due to our warlike neighbor to the north, the Fiorensian parliament called for special training for some of our more talented blacksmiths. The weapons produced are of a higher quality than most, and are usually of the polearm variety, though one hand weapons are also made.

Armour: Using the same steel and similar technique, armour is of an extremely high quality.

Marijuana: Another plant brought through the rift. It is commonly used in some religious ceremonies by various members of the populace. Of course there are also other who use it simply for its intoxicating effect.

escobert
08-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Spices/mining are all I have.

crono_logical
08-16-2004, 02:25 AM
I notice no nation's taken dibs on the red-light-zone industry :monster:

escobert
08-16-2004, 02:27 AM
red light zone?

crono_logical
08-16-2004, 02:49 AM
I think of Russia as the real life example of a country with that industry, though others may think of other countries :p

escobert
08-16-2004, 02:52 AM
Oh ok :p

Nait
08-16-2004, 08:23 AM
I notice no nation's taken dibs on the red-light-zone industry :monster:

Well, if it's not taxed and exported, it's not really an industy. :D Maybe a red light/tourism industry, but that would be difficult in a low-tech setting.