PDA

View Full Version : Margulis RuLz

Erased
08-08-2004, 04:02 AM
Hey I just thought I'd let everyone know that Margulis(Xenosage Episode 1 and Xenosaga Episode 2, as far as I know) Has got to be the coolest bad guy since Sephiroth made by Square. Anyone else have a favorite bad guy from a NON-FF game?

Del Murder
08-08-2004, 04:19 AM
I loved Magus, and Ozzie.

black orb
08-08-2004, 05:50 AM
>>> You mean this guy? (http://www.namco-ch.net/xenosaga/chars/char14.html), well, it looks bad ass, but Sephi is more bad ass.. and Magus Is the ultimate bad ass..

Lord Chainsaw
08-08-2004, 06:13 AM
Margulis was alright. I liked Albedo better though, due to his insanity and his incredible invincibility.

I would say my all time favorite video game villains are (spoilers for their respective games of course):

1. Dracula - I love this guy. After playing through Lament of Innocence I learned even more about him. They took his story straight out of the 1992 movie right down to his wife's name.

2. Dr. Indalecio Lantis (Star Ocean) - The Ten Wise Men themselves are all extremely awesome being named after Angels, but their leader is by far one of the greatest villains of all time. In terms of coolness, he is by far the coolest villain I have ever seen. I love his white robe and red hair. His story is also pretty interesting, you just have to do a lot of research to learn his motives for wanting to destroy the universe. He was constructing robots for the Nede government when they bursted into his lab and killed his daughter. He transfered his mind into his 10th and unfinished robot named Indalecio (Gabriel) and basically went insane. He still loves his daughter very much and actually holds back when you fight him because she is telling him to stop. He's also the strongest villain I've ever seen in a video game. If you come into contact with the spirit daughter through a sidequest during the course of the game, she will not appear to stop him during the final battle, making him an ungodly powerful superboss.

3. Deathevn (Breath of Fire 2) I like this guy so much because he was one of the original holy villains. He is the son of the Goddess of the world of Breath of Fire. You kill his mother in the first Breath of Fire. Deathevn himself is basically Satan. He was sealed in Hell (called Infinity in the game) by the White Dragon Clan. The Dragon Clan were actually sealed in Hell with him. Throughout the course of the game Deathevn (known as Father Evans) sends out demons to the overworld to construct a religion to free him. The demon lords create the Church of St. Eva to concentrate prayers to free him from Hell. Those that do not believe in St. Eva are taken to the island of the Grand Church Evrai and put in a dungeon. They are kept there unfed until they lose their minds. Those that have the most faith are also taken to the Grand Church were they are brainwashed into cultists and imprisoned in the city. Upon meeting Deathevn in Hell for the final battle, he actually kills off all your party members before the fight. The final battle is fought using a spell that brings back the memory of your fallen comrades.

4. Sigma (Megaman X) I admire Sigma's persistency. I also enjoy the backstory behind it. Apparently, Sigma was one of Dr. Light's most prized creations. He fought against Zero, but was corrupted afterwards. He is a great villain in Megaman X-X4, but I have to admit that after X5 it started to get a little bit ridiculous. "Are you ready for round 2?"

5. Zeikfried (Wild Arms) I don't know why I like this guy so much. On the surface he seems like just an average villain. I like his strong sense of leadership. He is the leader of a group of demons known as the Quarter Knights. Their goal is to resurrect the Mother Demon to rule the world of Filgaia. Upon resurrecting the Mother, she tells them she will destroy the world instead. The other three Knights quietly do as Mother tells them, but not Zeikfried. He persuades the Quarter Knights to turn against Mother, and helps the party slay her in a mock final battle. His willpower is very strong. Knight after Knight, the Quarter Knights fall to the heroes until only Zeikfried is left. Like Indalecio, Zeikfried is very self-reliant. He doesn't need the other Knights to be an effective villain. He is quite capable of being a threat all by himself. Upon beating him twice atop a space station the party returns to Earth. Zeikfried doesn't give up though. He comes back from Hell and challenges the party one last time on their way back to Earth from the space station. I'll admit the final battle music in that game isn't as cool as the Boomerang Flash theme, but we're talking characters, not music.

Whew.

Del Murder
08-08-2004, 06:24 AM
I thought it had to be a Square game. In that case I would go with Dracula as well. Konami does such a great job creating a supervillian that transends time and many different games.

Another would be Liquid Snake, another great Konami villian....dear brother!

Lord Chainsaw
08-08-2004, 06:34 AM
You've gotta love Dracula's awesome speeches.

Especially the one at the beginning of Symphony of the Night.

"What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets!"

And of course we can't forget he spoke the most awesome line in the Castlevania series in Lament of Innocence:

"If limited life is God's decree, I shall defy it. And from within that eternity I shall curse him forevermore."

Erased
08-08-2004, 03:39 PM
>>> You mean this guy? (http://www.namco-ch.net/xenosaga/chars/char14.html), well, it looks bad ass
Yeah, that's him ^^ There are a few cooler bad guys, but how can you not like that katana (maybe its not quite a katana, but oh well) and all those fire attacks? Plus he looks so cool in the second trailer... I will agree there are some cooler bad guys, but my fav right now is Margulis :cool:

BG-57
08-09-2004, 02:20 AM
My favorite non-FF Square villain (did I say that right?) is Grahf from Xenogears. The way he manipulates others into doing the fighting for him. The way he poses. The design of his Gear. The touching way he looks after Elly. His motivations are understandable. Which is worse in a way, because it's easier to identify with him.

Trumpet Thief
08-13-2004, 07:05 AM
chaos: Pshhht, Albedo beats Margulis and pretty much any other villan out of the water. Albedo forced me to anger myself at every one of his actions; Although I do think that Sephiroth and Kefka amde me feel that same way too, Albedo just made tingle with anger inside from such a great villan. Firstly, when you first see him, I'm thinking "Wow, who is he? I bet he's going to be a tough boss", and then I get into a very deep story with an insane monster. In Ep.1, he is basically a little pawn being controlled by an incredible force, with villans being thrown at the group from every corner, yet he seems to be the one that stands out. As many people have already guessed, he is one of those villans that "Becomes the greater power" and proves to be a great villan. Not only his theme is great, when he is first introduced, yet, he is shown in sucha powerful, and scaring way. First, his chats with Margulis, which show his insanity, But, after near half the game is complete, he takes matters into his own hands inside the Song of Nephilim. Exctracting the Y-data from MOMO was the least of his worries. To prove what a great villan Albedo was, Monolith Soft had to introduce him to MOMO in a dark room with a few torches, while the lonely girl is walking around with dead bodies strewn across the whole room, then the man behind all the deaths, with his wing like cape stands up from his chair, snapping off the hand of his victim who is being held in his hand. MOMO begins to walk away, but, is frozen with fear, while Albedo keeps walking, stepping on a few dead bodies. MOMO is paralyzed with fear as he inches closer and closer to his body. Then the torturing begins. Albedo introduces him self, and keeps calling the Observational Realian 'ma be'lle p'eche, which translates to "My beautiful peach". What you expect from this villan turns out to be the opposite of what everyone could think. The insane man rips off his own arm, to scare the girl, who is shivering in horror. Yet, is still frozen with fear. Albedo continues laughing, what a cruel monster he was, and then his arm regenerates. He was invincible, yet, still wants to put her through torture to the maximum. Albedo continues laughing, and in the unedited version, starts cutting off his own hand, blood dropping to the floor, and then his head falls off. It then starts regenerating. Eventualy, MOMO passes out from fear. Then he starts absorbing all the energy and data from her body. Next what comes to view is the final boss battle with him. The quotes and voice acting were completely awesome. "Come on Come on Come on Come on! Now DIE!" and "Burn in the Depths of Hell" were one of my favorites. Sophie Peithes was a disappointment, but Albedo made up for it... And do not think that he was a dud in Ep.2- Beyond Good and Evil either! The insanity and evil returns in the new game, when Rubedo shows his true anger for the one whom was one of his best friends before. The figure of him looks very powerful as well...

Rubedo: To summarize, Albedo is the best villan ever!

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-16-2004, 04:43 AM
Look at my sig. That will tell you who the greatest villain is.

SomethingBig
08-16-2004, 05:21 AM
Margulis? What are you, burning mad? He was pretty cool, and all, but Albedo's way better. He's just so cool and cool-looking. I also think that Kuja's way cooler than Margulis. The way he laughed at how Bahamut made him bleed made me squeal with glee.

Trumpet Thief
08-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Margulis? What are you, burning mad? He was pretty cool, and all, but Albedo's way better. He's just so cool and cool-looking. I also think that Kuja's way cooler than Margulis. The way he laughed at how Bahamut made him bleed made me squeal with glee.

chaos: Albedo is truly the best!

Rubedo: Margulis is a stupid, weak idiot compared to that guy!

Triple T
08-18-2004, 01:45 PM
I'd have to say Margulis is better than Albedo, since Margulis doesn't do high-pitched freaky laughs, weird movements, an even scarier Japanese laugh and he never removes something from his body. o_O

Buuuuut, I'd have to say my persona villain would have to be Dr. Yuriev AKA Gaignun (He's in his body? ...I dunno. He's just in his body. :p)

Ouch!
08-19-2004, 03:54 AM

I couldn't have said it better than myself.

My videogame villian top tree list:
1. Kuja
2. Albedo
3. Sephiroth

aeris2001x2
08-19-2004, 07:57 AM
i wouldnt know, Xeno games dont get released in Europe :mad:

Sephiroth rules from ff with Kefka second.

other villains, can i say Liquid Snake, Revolver Ocelot, Kain from Soul Reaver and Rodger Bacon(Cardinal Albert Simon) from Shadow Hearts.

Jebus
08-20-2004, 03:33 PM
http://suikosource.com/images/chars/l/lucablight01.gif

Two words. Die pig!

Erased
08-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Forgive my narrow game knowledge, but who's that? He looks like he could rival Parn from Record of Lodoss War.

Jebus
08-20-2004, 07:02 PM
That would be Luca Blight. Main villain for most of Suikoden II.

Luca Blight > all.

Trumpet Thief
08-20-2004, 07:42 PM
chaos: Albedo > All

Rubedo: Well said!

aeris2001x2
08-20-2004, 07:44 PM
bah, Sephiroth could have all of them for breakfast...

Ryth
11-24-2004, 12:30 AM
Liquid Snake is cool.

Clockwerk was good his pure hatred for the Cooper family was so passionate and the stuff he went through for vengence if only he wasn't a owl!

Dracula was really good as well he had great speeches and everything.

Raiden I've seen him as my enemy since I saw him cartwheel while naked (brrrrr)

From what I've seen of him in MGS3: Snake Eater (I got a demo and I am very informed) this guy in a red scarf seems cool I think he's called The Sorrow or was it Colonel Volgin?

Your Girlfriend in Outrun.

The Onion boss in Megaman X7 FEAR THE ONION! (joking of course)

Dark Ekonis
11-24-2004, 02:16 PM
The best villan would have to be...IMO...the Little girl on Drakonguard, Its just eerie how she sings and the dudes voice comes out, " The Watchers Sing, La La La " "shivers". Nothing gives me shivers more then that... Nothing, Not even the movie "the ring"...

Dignified Pauper
12-02-2004, 06:06 PM
1) Luca Blight
2) Pokey - earthbound
3) Dragon Warrior 7 main monster... umm Ogredemir I believe...
4) Kuja
5) Deathevn
6) The "eye' from the Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver/Blood Omen series with his mighty wheel

Doomgaze
12-02-2004, 08:24 PM
The Elder God. I just called him Cthulu, personally.

BG-57
12-04-2004, 02:11 AM
Well, Tony Jay's voice certainly helps. And he's played so many villains over the years I wouldn't be surprised if he was an Elder god. :eek:

Doomgaze
12-04-2004, 04:43 AM
They actually call him that in Soul Reaver 2, I believe

Ryth
12-11-2004, 01:28 AM
1) Luca Blight
2) Pokey - earthbound
3) Dragon Warrior 7 main monster... umm Ogredemir I believe...
4) Kuja
5) Deathevn
6) The "eye' from the Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver/Blood Omen series with his mighty wheel

Um about Kuja the guy/gal said a NON-FF game, just mentioning.

Dhahlah or something like that in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within him being fate himself out to get the Prince and there being nothing the Prince can do about it and he'll meet his inevtiable doom by his hand eventually.