PDA

View Full Version : Zelda 2: Adventures of Link

TasteyPies
08-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Im alot farther than I have ever been in.....7 or so years. I ust talked to Error and he told me to go to the graveyard and find a hole to jump in. (nice guy huh?) So i jumped right in and there are 2 directions. Left and right. (side scrollers have a habbit of giving you only 2 choices) Left is the exit and Right is a verry steep cliff i can't climb and yes I have the "JUMP" spell. but its still realy freaken steep. Anyone know how i can get up there? The only thing I havn't done yet (I think) Is find some ladies Mirror. Maybe she will give me some sort of super jump spell. Too bad I DONT KNOW WHERE THE MIRROR IS!!!

I hope one of you guys can remember far enough back to help me out here.

Edit: Nevermind, the Fairie spell works well ^.^

gokufusionss1
08-09-2004, 12:34 AM
OMG thats the exact same cliff that made me give the game up 12 years ago.

Levian
08-09-2004, 12:51 AM
I gave up after the first village. There was a hole in the ground :/

TasteyPies
08-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Well, then neither of you would know how to get up here. The blocks are the only way in, how do you get the upstab attack?

Edit: ....nevermind

gokufusionss1
08-09-2004, 01:26 AM
tasty are you playing the game on a emulator, if so where did you get the rom?

TasteyPies
08-09-2004, 01:59 AM
I will tell ya when I can

Lord Chainsaw
08-09-2004, 03:18 AM
Played the game. Loved it. It's one of my favorite Zeldas to date.

The downside is that I don't remember very much about the game. It is very confusing. I do remember one VERY confusing palace with a giant world map maze before it. I believe that would be the sixth palace.

I also remember a part where you had to go through a very difficult maze to get a hammer. Of course, the final palace is also EXTREMELY difficult. Not only are the path to the palace and the palace itself tough, but there are two bosses in the final palace.

I would consider it the toughest Zelda game, only because it focuses more on actual player skill rather than puzzle solving ability.

Shoeberto
08-09-2004, 03:26 AM
I have a copy of it for NES. I was stuck for the longest time on the first dungeon because I couldn't get past those guys with the shields without dying.

Now I'm stuck at that river town...I'm supposed to go to a forest or something. I don't recall exactly.

Chzn8r
08-09-2004, 03:35 AM
Sure the game is hard, but was I the only person to ever make it through without sucking horribley... 10 years ago (at age 6??).

It seems you all worked out your problems, but honestly, the only part that ever stumped me was just finding the Pheonix in Ganon's Palace... that's where I used to always give up.

TasteyPies
08-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Soooo, where is the last palace? I guess im supposed to get past this somehow.

OH and here is your link dude (ha ha get it? link?)
OMFG LEIK LOOK TEH FREAKEN ZELDA 2 ROM IS HERE!!!! (http://www.edgeemu.com/index.php)

How do I get past this spider?

But i think its odd that the last palace didn't crumble...maybe i missed something. I still have 1 key but I have no idea where it goes!!

Screenies

Rainecloud
08-09-2004, 05:04 PM
I also gave up the game after I forgot to obtain the treasure from one of the Palaces. The Palace was destroyed after I beat the boss, and it turned to stone. So, I couldn't get back inside to collect the item that I needed to finish the rest of the game. It even says in the instruction manual: "Don't forget to find the secret item within each dungeon, as once you've finished the dungeon you won't be able to go back inside!"

Stupid game. :(

BlkKnight
08-09-2004, 05:36 PM
How do I get past this spider?

But i think its odd that the last palace didn't crumble...maybe i missed something. I still have 1 key but I have no idea where it goes!!

You're probably missing the whistle from the 5th dungeon. You need that to access the 6th palace, let alone get within range of it.

TasteyPies
08-09-2004, 05:41 PM
....whistle?....
GRRRARR!!!! I HAVE BEEN THROUGH EVERY INCH OF THT DUNGEON 5 TIMES!!! ......oh well....Im going to look again. I still havn't found the item in that dungeon...maybe should draw a map like I used to do when I was 7.

For crissakes.....Secret passageway

1st pic: My inventory
2nd pic: 5th dungeon...right?

BlkKnight
08-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Yeah, that dungeon. I don't remember the layout that well, but I do remember there being a false wall somewhere. If you didn't know about it, you might want to check there. Otherwise, keep combing.

*is amazed at the lack of the life spell*

TasteyPies
08-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Yeah, that dungeon. I don't remember the layout that well, but I do remember there being a false wall somewhere. If you didn't know about it, you might want to check there. Otherwise, keep combing.

*is amazed at the lack of the life spell*

Life spell? where?

"Don't forget to find the secret item within each dungeon, as once you've finished the dungeon you won't be able to go back inside!"

Fixed in the rom aparently

BlkNight, do you know where I can find the hidden town? The one in the forest?

BlkKnight
08-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Go to the town that leads into the Death Mountain area (3rd town you came across,) enter the house with the table and inspect the table to find a mirror. Give the mirror to the woman asking about it, and you'll get the life spell.

TasteyPies
08-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Go to the town that leads into the Death Mountain area (3rd town you came across,) enter the house with the table and inspect the table to find a mirror. Give the mirror to the woman asking about it, and you'll get the life spell.

Well....I don't think i need it anyway :D The mirror was bugging me though. I thought I had missed something important.

Hmmm...Now this old geezer says i have to be "Ready" to get the next magic. Do you know what he means?

Also "Hidden Town" has a dead end....I think i can remember it opening or something. Do you know how to do it?

Aww....jeez...I remember the brick patern but i don't remember the freaken forcefield..so how do i get past this?

Lord Chainsaw
08-09-2004, 07:47 PM
That force field is blocking the Grand or Great Palace or something like that. It is the final palace in the game and you can only get to it once you've beaten all the other palaces.

I hate it so much because not only is that palace so incredibly long and difficult, but the path to get there takes forever too. You have to go through so much to get to that palace.

TasteyPies
08-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Ok, the next dungeon has two dead ends and a door with no key in sight. Of coarse I looked for secret passages...but nothing there. HELP MEH PLEEZ!

Also....still have the question aobut the town & the dead end.

BlkKnight
08-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Palace 6 has two methods of navigation.

1) Fairy Spell. As a fairy, you can go through keyholes. Keep in mind that there are tons of doors and dead-ends in this place.

2) Magic Key. Once you find all the heart and magic containers (and possibly go back for the life spell,) go back to the guy who says you're not ready to ge the spell of..."spell." Go to the dead end and use spell there to get the magic key. From there, you can also go to the destroyed town to pick up Thunder if you feel like braving the eyeballs without the cross.

TasteyPies
08-10-2004, 12:20 AM
Wow, that was a quick reply, thanks but i deleted it because i figured it out xD Fairy helped me again.

As for finding all thecontainers....naw I know aquicker way. Thanks you for the info! you guys have helped me out ALOT