PDA

View Full Version : Question thread.

Nait
08-09-2004, 04:03 PM
I can't bother hunt around where I should post questions by topic, so I'm making this thread to ask questions of miscellaneous origin for our local moderators.

Question one:

Do elves live long? If any of the races lives too long - over a hundred years old - I'm going to throw a hissy-fit and hold my breath UNTIL I DIE.

Cause long-living races are TEH SUK

Psychotic
08-09-2004, 05:41 PM
When do we get to invade the Nation of Zhem? :p

Baloki
08-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Will new technoligical advances be set each week and will we be allowed to chose from a selection? Also can we set our own way of how our technology advances? Are we allowed to advance our technology faster at the expensive of say a low population or lack of outside contact?

Nait
08-09-2004, 10:34 PM
On a side-note, could we please play religions as separate entities from nations, if not controlled by nations or just existing within a nation? Like, someone could play to be the Archbishop of Fellaėton who rules over the souls of all Nuists on Eisgaea. :o

The Captain
08-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Sort of an add-on question, but will there be a variety of natural disasters that will occur, a la` Sim City that all the leaders must deal with, such as volcanic eruption, or lack of rain?

Take care all.

Az Lionheart
08-09-2004, 10:54 PM
when does it all start

Nait
08-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Oh, and could I fiddle a bit with my climate? I'd like about 5 months of winter and 8 months of summer.

The Captain
08-09-2004, 11:01 PM
How drawn to scale are the maps? For instance, how far is my region from a neighboring region in miles/kilometers? If I'm too far from a region based on distance, then it will obviously greartly impact my ability to trade with them.

Take care all.

Nait
08-09-2004, 11:08 PM
I've been wondering that, too. But then I decided "eh why bother." Cause, y'know, if it's to earth-scale, well, then nothing would happen for ages cause travel would take long, and if it's smaller than earth then its gravity and rotational period and stuff would be different. And then I decided not to care but sit back and listen to the monies roll in.

Az Lionheart
08-09-2004, 11:17 PM
can you answer my Q :D

Agent Proto
08-09-2004, 11:29 PM
I'll try to answer accordingly.

Do elves live long? If any of the races lives too long - over a hundred years old - I'm going to throw a hissy-fit and hold my breath UNTIL I DIE.
As far as I know, age does not really matter in this world. Are we going to role play? No. So, the answer is, age does not matter. But anyhoo, I'll say that Elves and the Luscervans will live longest out of all five races, when living in conditional regions. Ingmarians live longest in the desert regions, and humans live to their normal ages in all regions.

When do we get to invade the Nation of Zhem?
Super Shiny Land will be able to invade Zhem when they have a port and sea-travelling is allowed.

Will new technoligical advances be set each week and will we be allowed to chose from a selection? Also can we set our own way of how our technology advances? Are we allowed to advance our technology faster at the expensive of say a low population or lack of outside contact?
Technology will advance at a steady pace. Let's say that minor advances will come weekly, but once, twice, or maybe three times, will there be a major advance. As of right now, the technoligy is set at the mideivel era, so we're bound to have plenty of technology advances when the nations are all ready with a thread. Anyway, if a nation has a science study, maybe BoB and I will give them a head start on the next major science breakthrough. Who knows? :p

On a side-note, could we please play religions as separate entities from nations, if not controlled by nations or just existing within a nation? Like, someone could play to be the Archbishop of Fellaėton who rules over the souls of all Nuists on Eisgaea. :o
Sure, why not. Just as long as others are cool with it. Just remember that Eizon doesn't have an official religion, if any, at all. You're free to start religions.

Sort of an add-on question, but will there be a variety of natural disasters that will occur, a la` Sim City that all the leaders must deal with, such as volcanic eruption, or lack of rain?
Well, it's possible we could get to that, but not right now. We're still in the process of starting the world.

when does it all start
Maybe this week at the earliest when each nation has a thread.

Oh, and could I fiddle a bit with my climate? I'd like about 5 months of winter and 8 months of summer.
Sure, but it must fit in realistically with the climate of the area in general. If your region is mostly desert, having it snow during winter isn't really realistic.

How drawn to scale are the maps? For instance, how far is my region from a neighboring region in miles/kilometers? If I'm too far from a region based on distance, then it will obviously greartly impact my ability to trade with them.
Use your judgement. To me, I'd say that Eizon is about the size of Mars, maybe larger.

FightClubFan#47
08-10-2004, 01:30 AM
There will be chocobos right? :choc:

Loony BoB
08-10-2004, 10:10 AM
I don't see why not.

escobert
08-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Yeah my people ride on desert chocobos :)

Baloki
08-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Can someone post here with the link to get the Eizon title as I've lost it and theres a few other people who want their title :D

-N-
08-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Do we know the shape of the world? If so, is this a Mercator-projected map? If so, then it should be noted that areas near the poles in Mercator-projections are distorted to be far larger than they actually are. (Ever see those maps where Greenland is three times as big as Australia? Yeah, that's what happens.)

Psychotic
08-12-2004, 02:31 AM
If we build cities, will that expand our "yellow area" of influence?

Agent Proto
08-12-2004, 02:37 AM
It's... um as it appears. o_o Must you have details details details. You have a map of Eizon, you should use what you see.

25 pixels = 100 miles.

Giga Guess
08-12-2004, 05:32 AM
Can you declare a Neutral status? 'Cuz I'm most likely gonna be a Belgium.

Agent Proto
08-12-2004, 05:33 AM
Yeah, no problem. You don't have to "declare war" on anyone. You don't even need to invade anyone to take their land, or whatnot. However, you may want to be careful if they want to invade you. =-o

Giga Guess
08-12-2004, 05:51 AM
Oh, but of course. I don't intend to be defenceless. What determines natural resources, anyways? And inhabitants of my land?

GrimmReaper
08-13-2004, 02:26 AM
I've got a question / suggestion.

Why have all of the country topics, rules, maps, stoff, etc... all in the same forum? I have to sit there and look for individual topics and such. I think that if you make a seperate subforum for the different countries, that'd work out just nicely.

escobert
08-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Yeah I like that Idea. Then it would be easier to control the different aspects of your country. The problems would be space and activity.

Giga Guess
08-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Actually, that's an excellent idea.

Agent Proto
08-13-2004, 02:47 AM
Having seperate sub-forums for each nation is a good idea. However!... we'll be having too many sub-forums. I have two suggestions. 1. Have subforums for each continent, so there'll be 5 subforums instead of 20+. 2. Just leave things as it is.

Also, there's also the chance that the number of nations will grow in cases of revolutions or diplomatic means, so if the chance that each nation will get a sub-forum, we'll have too much... 22 subforums IS too much.

I'll talk this over with BoB to see what he thinks about this. Once we come with a conclusion over this, I'll be sure to make a short announcement or something.

Giga Guess
08-13-2004, 02:52 AM
Hell, even each Continent helps out a lot.

GrimmReaper
08-13-2004, 03:06 AM
wow. one for each continent? I was only thinking along the lines with one subforum to put all the countries in, there's only 22 of them after all. It's just complicated to find the general threads that aren't countries, among them. But, one for each continent could work prolly really nicely. Could probably divide the continents into alliances and sects and such too. give our lil' world some character.

Nait
08-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Sounds like a good idea.

You could also do so, that nations have on Sticky thread, which has all the information, and another thread for chatting over things.

Agent Proto
08-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Concerning the subforums. It's unlikely we'll get them right away, but maybe when Eizon is still doing well, maybe we'll get them. Only if we're all being good citizens.

Tulmane
08-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Would it be possible to create any other nations past this point, or is there no free land?

And on that note, would it be possible to, oh, I don't know... Join a nation with the intention of overthrowing it's leader, re-uniting the devastated nation, create pacts to swell up a giant military power, sweep the opposing nations clean, and unite the world under an iron fist? Uh, hypothetically, of course. *innocent smile*

Nait
08-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Would it be possible to create any other nations past this point, or is there no free land?

No new nations, no, but, I suspect that if some people don't get around to working with their nations, they might lose 'em. <_< But that's just gut-instinct.

Baloki
08-16-2004, 12:21 PM
And on that note, would it be possible to, oh, I don't know... Join a nation with the intention of overthrowing it's leader, re-uniting the devastated nation, create pacts to swell up a giant military power, sweep the opposing nations clean, and unite the world under an iron fist? Uh, hypothetically, of course. *innocent smile*

It kind of works like that if I remember, if you join a nation, later on you will be given a chance to break away and steal part of the nations land.

Tulmane
08-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Yeah, but I was just kidding around about a swift rise to world domination... Y'know, evil-ruling-the-world type joke. Guess it's a touch non-sequitor, even for an FF board. o_O

Az Lionheart
08-19-2004, 06:31 PM
i really need to know how to edit the map (put extra towns on) i know i can not edit the real map (naits one) but i need to know how to show you where towns will go instead of just describing them all of the time

Nait
08-19-2004, 07:16 PM
i really need to know how to edit the map (put extra towns on) i know i can not edit the real map (naits one) but i need to know how to show you where towns will go instead of just describing them all of the time

Windows should have Paint, a program, already installed. Seek that out.

Then, save my maps.

Open my maps with Paint.

Use it to put your towns on Ze map.

Save those maps, and post them or send to me. :)

Az Lionheart
08-19-2004, 08:01 PM
cool thanx btw how many towns/fortresses are we aloud

Agent Proto
08-19-2004, 08:11 PM
You can have as many towns as you want, but they won't be added on the maps. Only "towns" of importants will be listed as cities on the maps. You can have plenty of fortresses, but they must be within your region and close to your nation, Nait can choose which fortress(es) to include in the map.

Nait
08-19-2004, 08:11 PM
1 city for now, and a couppa fortresses I'd say.

FightClubFan#47
08-20-2004, 12:49 AM
Can a Eizon leader post a thread in Dominia for me, so i can start recruiting people for Aura and get some allies. please. dont make me beg. :bow: Fine. ill bow.

Psychotic
08-23-2004, 10:08 PM
I have some good questions:

- When can we invade?
- Why weren't we told about Nait being made "Eizon Overseer"

And this isn't a question, but I demand my nation be given it's proper name on the world map. I feel Nait changed it for the sake of it. I mean, he changed "Muffin Peaks" to "Mafin Piks". What's wrong with the word "peaks" to describe mountains? Hell, what's wrong with ANY of the names I picked?

Agent Proto
08-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Proto and BoB will be running this in a combined effort. Other people may in time be added to the group of people who manage this interactive world, however Proto and BoB will remain their superiors and can FIRE THEM!!!!!

As for invading. Just wait you barbaric person. >=o

Baloki
08-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Will we be informed of important threads or will we need to find out for ourselves?

Are we allowed to set up communities to inform each other of whats going on, and why did you change the name of Psys country and towns, and are you allowed to do that with anyones you feel unsutible?

Nait
08-23-2004, 10:16 PM
And this isn't a question, but I demand my nation be given it's proper name on the world map. I feel Nait changed it for the sake of it. I mean, he changed "Muffin Peaks" to "Mafin Piks". What's wrong with the word "peaks" to describe mountains? Hell, what's wrong with ANY of the names I picked?

:D

I just lurve the smell of
PSYCHE PSYCHE PSYCHE

:D

Psychotic
08-23-2004, 10:18 PM
So now your "Overseer" is being unfair and biased. Oh dear. I don't think people will put up with that. :cool:

Agent Proto
08-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Will we be informed of important threads or will we need to find out for ourselves?

Are we allowed to set up communities to inform each other of whats going on, and why did you change the name of Psys country and towns, and are you allowed to do that with anyones you feel unsutible?

Important threads will be made, but you'll have to find it on your own. We may inform you, but only if you have been absent from the Eizon forum for awhile. As for setting up communities, I won't recommend that, but feel free to do so. No stopping anyone from helping other nations to further develop Eizon. You may want to get together with other nations to develop roads for travel among nations, and that was the purpose for the Eisgaean conflict, to have the nations solve the problem at hand. I believe it was Vincent who wanted to create roads. :p

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 10:25 PM
When do I get another city? I just got my 4th member.

Agent Proto
08-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Ok, this is how the city system shall work.

We'll be using a point system.

this is how it'll work.

1 city = 3 Nation points.
1 Nation point = 1 Member
1 Nation point = Good Sport Award.
3 Nation points to everyone = The Age thingie.

So, every nation should currently have at least two cities on the map. Cities on the map have some importance to the nation. There are countless numbers of town each nation have, however, they won't be on the map because they're not important.

So, Myst should have three cities, because Myst has 7 Nation points.

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 10:52 PM
AWRIGHT! I'll go and place my new city!

Oh, and could you break down the 7 points for me to help break down you system?

FightClubFan#47
08-26-2004, 01:40 AM
Is nait gonna update the general map thread and the general map?? please?

Giga Guess
08-26-2004, 01:44 AM
And what's the deal with the trading? When're each nations resources gonna be determined?

Rase
08-30-2004, 02:57 AM
What does the green text under some leaders SN reading "Eizon Nation Leader" signify, since some leaders do not have it? (Myself included).

Also, if a country does not get a SINGLE ctizen besides it's leader, what becomes of it?

Trumpet Thief
09-07-2004, 12:10 AM
chaos: A few questions. Are villages allowed? If so, are they added to the map? How many members must you have to create a village?

Carnage
09-07-2004, 12:16 AM
What does the green text under some leaders SN reading "Eizon Nation Leader" signify, since some leaders do not have it? (Myself included).

Also, if a country does not get a SINGLE ctizen besides it's leader, what becomes of it?

Got to user cp, group memberships and figure it out from there cause i dont remeber anything else.

Agent Proto
09-07-2004, 12:31 AM
chaos: A few questions. Are villages allowed? If so, are they added to the map? How many members must you have to create a village?

Sure, villages are allowed, but they won't be on the map. If you want, you can make a map of your country and add villages.

Giga Guess
09-07-2004, 03:04 AM
I don't suppose you could refresh the Nation Points, couldja, pr00t?

Rase
09-07-2004, 03:57 AM
Got to user cp, group memberships and figure it out from there cause i dont remeber anything else.

Thank you, good sir.

Giga Guess
09-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Yo, Nait! The latest version of Myst's map is ready in Myst's thread. plzthx.

Jerdoulus
10-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jerome and I'm new to these forums. That being done, I'm interested in joining one of these EoFF nations but not sure what exactly this is. Is it like Nationstates or Age of Empires? Thanks much.

Agent Proto
10-05-2004, 05:45 PM
I think it'll be more like Nationstates, minus the 'issues' and other stuff.

Rase
10-05-2004, 11:42 PM
In fact, Jerdoulus, I have a proposition for you. If you'd like to RUN you own country, You may have mine. I have disconvered that due to various obligations in real life, I am to busy to control it. Send me a PM to work out the details.

Bahumat
10-19-2004, 07:49 AM
Are doomsday devices feasable, even on a small scale?
How do small nations protect themselves from nations like SSL or Myst, for example?

How do i get a link to my Caronea thread as part of my sig?

Fate Fatale
10-28-2004, 05:45 AM
Is it possible to create a new nation now... I'd like to... If I can....

-Kyle

Trumpet Thief
10-28-2004, 05:53 AM
chaos: Well, you cannot actually create a new nation. At the beginning of the creation of Eizon they gave out spaces for who wants to own what area, etc. etc.

Rubedo: Although, you might have a chance to own a nation, not totally sure though, but there's a chance. Check out this thread: Click me! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50238)

theundeadhero
11-15-2004, 04:16 AM
Is sea travel possible yet? I have a great trade route planned out.

Giga Guess
11-15-2004, 04:21 AM
Indeed it is.

theundeadhero
11-15-2004, 04:32 AM
WOO HOO! *Lights his pants on fire (after taking them off, sicko) and runs around twirling them in the air whilst jumping in the air clicking his heels together.*