PDA

View Full Version : FFV is FF1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martyr
08-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, not exactly, but there so many similarities that you could almost imagine that FFV was FF1 rethought and with many additions (I guess some exclusions as well)

Note, for example, that the four crystals seal an evil in the center of them and the world.
That's the FF1 Temple of Fiends situation.

ExDeath, like Chaos, is bringing on a Void! It is the same enemy. In other games, the final boss is seeking power more than actual void or chaos. But ExDeath/Void and Chaos are both named for what they are bringing about.
They are brought forth by the same reason.

FFV does lack the four fiends. Which is a big role in FF1, so, uh... But even still, there are monsters involved in causing the destruction of the crystals.

Hmmmm... Well, there are a whole lot of differences, but certain concepts at the heart of the plot seem very similar.

Anybody up for debate? Has anybody else noticed these or other similarities? Does anybody care?!?!?!

And is this in the right forum?

Ellerkerm
08-09-2004, 04:53 PM
I didn't noticed this game looks like FF1 because I was playing it and enjoying myself as well.

Ultima Shadow
08-09-2004, 05:34 PM
You forgot the 4 ligth warriors/the warriors of ligth thing. Galuf &c:o are called that.

Dragonfire
08-09-2004, 11:51 PM
IMHO i think that FFV is more FF3j than FF1

Chris
08-10-2004, 05:39 PM
FF1 has nothing on FFV, FFV is so much better...and one heck of a good time :)

UltimateSpamGrover
08-11-2004, 12:40 PM
have you guys noticed that the Warrior in FF1 (Origins Version) looks like Bartz?

I might make a thread about this...

eestlinc
08-14-2004, 07:15 AM
amazingly, ff5 is also similar to every other ff in the series. except 8, which sucks.

playaGAW
08-17-2004, 05:58 PM
FFI seems more similar to FF9 in my opinion. 9 has the Fiends, crystal, and a few other things.

I'M BACK :eek:

setzergabbiani
10-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Wow! Very great observation ;)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Yeah, Mikey once referred to FFV as "FFI Omega."

For the record, though, Chaos didn't want to bring about chaos or a void or anything like that. He--well, Garland, really--just wanted to keep going back and forth through time until he became invincible. Of course, it's never been explained how traveling through time repeatedly is supposed to make anyone invincible, but that's FFI for you.

-N-
10-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Classic FFV syndrome: Threads two months old actually look kinda new and postworthy.

MJN SEIFER
10-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Don't the dead people refer to Bartz as a light warrior at the end O_O

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-03-2004, 03:47 AM
The Warriors of Dawn designate Batz and company as the Warriors of Light, yes.

MJN SEIFER
10-03-2004, 10:04 PM
thought so thanks.

UltimateSpamGrover
10-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Classic FFV syndrome: Threads two months old actually look kinda new and postworthy.

yeah, especially if you POST in them

DJZen
10-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Oh my god! Two games in the same series bearing similarities to each other? PERISH THE THOUGHT!!!!!

Mei
10-05-2004, 11:54 AM
while we're at it ffx and ffx-2 are very similar, you know.

!!!

and if you're talking about the jobs and thus, ffv is more similar to ffiii(j).

KentaRawr!
11-03-2004, 02:57 AM
Someone earlier in this topic said that Spoiler ahead, run away! Garland travled thru time, I havn't beaten ff9 yet...but I think that 2000 years before ff1, was ff9. Quote from doctor tootsie roll: "The 4 legendary stones!?" I think that those stones later turned to crystals..or ORBS rather.. O_o

Anyways, yeah! while I was playing I thought that ffv was ALOT like ff1. I recognized the water crystal entrance! The ffv water crystal entrance was almost identical to the ff1 water crystal entrance.

Edit from the Future Kentarou: Now I feel stupid.

Captain Maxx Power
11-03-2004, 10:24 AM
For that added retro feel, why not only use one class for the whole game? Go Fighter/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage, then upgrade to Mystic Knight/Ninja/um....beh/sneh...*cough*

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Similarities in FF show up in every game. There's no surprise that FFV resembles FF1 and FF3.

While you're at it, why don't you freak out over the masumune and call FF8 'FF7.' "Oh my gosh! Gilgamesh and Sephiroth both use a sword called Masumune! They must be the same game!"

eestlinc
12-02-2004, 11:41 PM
FF5 and FF1 are most similar in the fact that they are much more fun and challenging than these new FF games.

Crazy the Clown
12-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Let's see....
Jobs-
FFI-6 when you start, each having its own promotion after proving yourself to Bahamut. You may only have 4 jobs per party, and once chosen, may not be changed.
FFV-None at start, 21 when you have all crystal shards. Can be changed any time after battle.
Advantage-FFV.

Summons-
FFI-None.
FFV-Chocobo, Sylph, Remora, Shiva, Ifrit, Ramuh, Titan, Carbunkle, Shoat, Odin, Leviathan, Bahamut, and Phoenix.
Advantage-FFV.

Magic-
FFI-Bought at stores.
FFV-Mainly bought at stores.
Draw.

Monster attacks-
FFI-They hurt you.
FFV-If you know how to use them, they can hurt the enemy.
Advantage-FFV.

Originality-
FFI-Thought out.
FFV-Used FFI-IV for blueprints.
Advantage-FFI.

Winner-FFV.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-27-2004, 08:05 PM
on FF1 the water tower already sunken, and on FFV you see it sink...

Doors
12-27-2004, 08:20 PM
I think FF5 is Pac-Man.

FightClubFan#47
12-27-2004, 08:51 PM
I think FFV is FFI'S sequal!

Doors
12-27-2004, 09:11 PM
I think FFX is 30 times FF5.

mythus
01-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Indeed there are similarities in FFV, as seen in FF1. Just as their are similarities in every FF game... except ff8 and the ffX series. I cannot comment on ff11 as I do not play MMORPGS...

This may be abit off subject, and purhaps an old discusion. It may even be in the wrong thread/board, and if so, I appologize. But there have often been rumors, speculatiations that all the FF's are linked, ending with FF9. Some even speculate that ff1 is actually the end, and the others are prequels to it. These rumors/theroies are of course linked to the similarities, and that the fact that FF1 was to be the Final Fantasy...

However on the flip side FF1 as the creator's swansong, until it proved to be a big hit. Perhaps then he wanted to make the others as a continuation, or a prequel of it's story? That I do not know. It could even be that he just wanted to use the title final fantasy on them all hoping the title would sell them, however I am hoping that is not the case. I personally would love to see that they are all in the same story, and would love to see how they all fit in with each other.

I once did a map combinding the maps of FF6-ruin and FF1. one day maybe i'll upload it on the computer and show it off...

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-08-2005, 05:11 AM
Wow, is there any proof they're all part of one big story? Is there any solid proof of that? I think it's all speculation, though.

Probably one thing that hurts that theory the most is that FFIV has a moon in it, but in FFVII when they (spoiler goes down more than one line) show space in the Bahamut Zero summon as well as when you travel to Outer Space with Cid in Shinra 26, I don't remember seeing a moon. Meteor, yes. Moon? no.

If someone would like to debate me on this, please start a new thread.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-08-2005, 05:31 AM
The games take place on completely separate worlds, often with completely separate laws of physics. (In FFVII's world, people are born out of the Lifestream, and when they die they return to it. In FFX's world, people who die have to be "sent" or else they turn into monsters. And so on.) There's no debating that they're separate.

Burtuc
01-08-2005, 10:36 AM
I think this game is more like FF3 if anything

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Whoops, I reviewed the FFVII FMV where you are in the escape pod going back to earth. I think I saw the moon, but it might be another planet in the distance. Oh well. Who cares. KR's arguments are absolute. If religion is different (and it's the kind where they know what happens after you die), then that means they are in different universes.

And I agree with Burtuc. I've played a little of FF3, and I think it's like that one the most. I haven't gotten far, but the battle systems are a lot like each other. Plus, don't you go to another world in FF3? You don't do that in FF1, you just do a really simple Chrono Trigger.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-17-2005, 08:07 PM
The only time you go to a different world in FFIII is for the final dungeon, which takes place in the World of Darkness. There are only a few rooms to it, and it's nothing like the world-hopping that takes place in FFV.