PDA

View Full Version : Being strangely addicted to a song of a genre you're not a fan of.

Dingo Jellybean
08-10-2004, 01:13 AM
I'm sure there's quite a few of you. Normally I'm not a fan of pop music, but Kylie Minogue's Love At First Sight is incredibly addictive. I, admittedly, find myself lip-synching the lyrics to the song. :tumble:

So yep, discuss.

-N-
08-10-2004, 01:28 AM
The Soggy Bottom Boys - "I Am A Man of Constant Sorrow".

Don't listen to country or bluegrass too much, but damn this song is good. On a side note, can anyone (KB) recommend any artists who make songs with a similar sound to the song?

TasteyPies
08-10-2004, 01:32 AM
"Work it" and I hate techno.

nik0tine
08-10-2004, 05:30 AM

Don't listen to country or bluegrass too much, but damn this song is good. On a side note, can anyone (KB) recommend any artists who make songs with a similar sound to the song?

umm... check out "box car willie"
the song that comes to mind is "mule train"

Shoeberto
08-10-2004, 05:33 AM
Stuff by Outkast.

Just so catchy.

Rainecloud
08-10-2004, 07:21 AM
"My Happy Ending" by the Princess of mood-swings - Avril Lavigne - is really catchy.

I'm ashamed, I really am.

Unknown_Soldier
08-10-2004, 08:16 AM
i like "Silver and Cold" by AFI, but i really dont like anything else in that genre. ah well...

Xander
08-10-2004, 01:34 PM
This is sorta similar to something I posted in another thread but anyway.. I usually like most sorts of music but one thing I could never stand were The Streets, because of their annoying rap and annoying accents. But I really really like their new song, Dry Your Eyes.

m4tt
08-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Kylie Minogue - "Can't get you out of my head" and Britney Spears - "Toxic". I don't know why. :eek:

jrgen
08-10-2004, 03:51 PM
I heard some rap/hiphop song on the radio today and I didn't get a headache.
Don't know the name of it though.

Polaris
08-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Soe last songs of Britney Spears, I don't like her songs but Toxic and Eberytime were great

Ryth
08-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Well I'm not a fan of rap but there was a Canadian rapper in the 90's who did this song it went "A licky Boom Boom down!" I can't get enough of it for some reason!! This other song also in the 90's went like this "Someday somebody's gonna make ya wanna turn around and say goodbye!!!!" I hate that song but I can't get it out of my damn head!! Along with Alicia Keys song that goes " Some people want it all but I don't want any of it all but everything is nothing without you boy!!Z" Ugh I ain't sleeping tonight because I'll be chanting it as soon as I lay down in my bed. Also Cotton Eye Joe I hate that song. I don't know what to think about this song it is really wierd I can't stop mumpling it "Make them wanna say; Uuuuuhhhhhh, uuuuhhhhhh, ana na na na!" I made a joke my own version " Constapiation (sp?) make ya wanna say; uuuuhhh uuuhhhh ana na na na!!" it isn't very funnny I know but it is good enough for a chuckle unless you're extremely immature.

Slacker
08-10-2004, 05:44 PM
the first song is informer by snow. *shudders*

also, everytime and toxic are a couple of the worst songs ive ever heard. toxic basically has no lyrics. (your toxic meh blili blah neh, thats all i could make out) and everytime just solidifies the fact the britney spears cannot sing.

anyways, i love that man of constant sorrow song, but i hate country, though bluegrass is a different genre. @_@.

i sing get low by lil jon and the eastside boyz even though i hate rap/hip-hop/anything like that. ive never heard a rap song thats not about a girl. except maybe jesus walks by kanye west. damnit, now that song is stuck in my head!

Polaris
08-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Toxic has lyric

Baby, can't you see
I'm calling
A guy like you should wear a warning
It's dangerous
I'm falling

There's no escape
I can't wait
I need a hit
Baby, give me it
You're dangerous
I'm loving it

Too high
Can't come down
Losin' my head
Spinnin' 'round and 'round
Do you feel me now?

-Chorus-
With the taste of your lips
I'm on a ride
You're toxic I'm slippin' under (Ohh Ohh)
With a taste of the poison paradise
I'm addicted to you
Don't you know that you're toxic?
And I love what you do
Don't you know that you're toxic?

It's getting late
To give you up
I took a sip
From my devil's cup
Slowly, it's taking over me

It has lyric!

fire_of_avalon
08-10-2004, 05:54 PM

*cough*

Alison Krauss and Union Station, Dolly Parton, Flatt and Scruggs, Doc Watson (maaayyybe). However, alot of the really good things you'll find are old mountain songs done by old mountain people. Now slap yourself.

I like Madonna. I don't know why, but I really really do.

Slacker
08-10-2004, 05:55 PM
No... NO!!!
I refuse to accept it.

I'm thinking of Kittie's 'Enter the darkness' or whatever right now. Its actually a decent song.

Lionx
08-10-2004, 06:03 PM
I find liking to some rap songs even though i dont generally like rap.

So just shake it like that salt shaka!! :hyper:

Mr. Graves
08-10-2004, 08:51 PM
I like "Lose My Mind" by DMX.

black orb
08-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Joan Osbourne "If God was one of us"

If God had a name, what would it be
And would you call it to his face
If you were faced with him in all his glory
What would you ask if you had just one question

And yeah yeah God is great yeah yeah God is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home

If God had a face what would it look like
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets

And yeah yeah god is great yeah yeah god is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if God was one of us
He's trying to make his way home
Back up to heaven all alone
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

And yeah yeah God is great yeah yeah God is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if god was one of us
Just trying to make his way home
Like a holy rolling stone
Back up to heaven all alone
Just trying to make his way home
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome..

Rye
08-10-2004, 10:04 PM
The First Cut is the Deepest - Sheryl Crow.

I hate country, but I'm often singing that cause it's catchy.

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-11-2004, 12:22 AM
...Sheryl Crow isn't country...

Del Murder
08-11-2004, 01:26 AM
'Rap is Crap' by Curt Henning and the West Texas Rednecks.

Germ Hamee
08-11-2004, 05:19 AM
I'm really not a big fan of techno/dance, but I've recently found myself completely addicted to Take Me Away (Into the Night) by 4-String. :love: I'm sure there's many, many more fluke incidents like this, but that's the only one I can think of at the moment.

CloudSquallandZidane
08-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Britney Spears - "Toxic". I don't know why. :eek:

Gah i must say almost every1 in my family fell victim to that song... and i swore i would never have a brittney Spears song on my comp.... im shamed

Sacred Phoenix
08-12-2004, 03:28 AM
Overnight Celebrity by Twista, I HATE RAP!!! HATE IT HATE IT!!! *Stomps feet* but I can't stop listening to this song.

IronMaidenHikari
08-12-2004, 04:24 AM
"Complicated" by Avril Lavenge[is that how you spell it?]
I found myself humming to it at a local store... and me no like her[scarey]

Dingo Jellybean
08-13-2004, 07:14 AM
It's been a few weeks now and I'm still hooked on this song by Kylie Minogue(Love at first sight). I guess it's my Australian heritage or something.

But seriously, this is like...musicgasm.

sephxangel
08-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Whiskey Lullaby was a song I can't stop listening to but at the same time I can't stand it because it's so damn depressing! Ugh!

Toxic: Britney Spears. My friend got me hooked on that song...that reminds me...I have to go strangle her now... :p

aeris2001x2
08-13-2004, 06:16 PM
I despise Rap as a general rule, yet there is loads of Eminem and D12 stuff, particulary the last few stuff like My Band and How come, that is just awesome.

i mean it still cant even even see the supremity of Classical music, but i believe they r better then the average rock/metal, my second fav music genre. e.g-give me D12 over good charlotte or Slipknot anyday...

Dingo Jellybean
08-15-2004, 08:04 AM
Add "Lose Yourself" by Eminem, though I don't necessarily hate rap. I love the way this song starts, but how VH1 made it #4 on it's Top 100 is beyond me.

Giga Guess
08-23-2004, 02:45 AM
I enjoyed "Without Me" by Eminem, even though I don't enjoy rap. And I think Eminem's a pinhead. So I guess it's double wierd for me.... :-/

My opinion, anyways...

Pure Strife
08-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Take Your Mama and Laura by the Scissor Sisters. Not entirely sure what genre they are, but they very popish. Amazingly catchy in both cases though.

fire_of_avalon
08-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Add "Lose Yourself" by Eminem, though I don't necessarily hate rap. I love the way this song starts, but how VH1 made it #4 on it's Top 100 is beyond me.
Because it's VH1? :confused: :confused:

tomothy
08-25-2004, 09:39 AM
for some reason, while looking at my winamp i like:

daft punk - digital love
wyclef jean - perfect gentlemen
dj dangermouse - change clothes

i really have no idea why as most of my other songs are punk rock, hxc, and screamo. :mad:

ooher tiny dancer is a killer song too.

Lon611
08-25-2004, 09:43 AM
im not into pop or whatever 80's(?) music is considered, but i found i like playing

Jojo:Get Out(Leave)

Queen:Under Pressure

Queen:Who Wants 2 Live 4ever (?)

nor am i into rock, but i love anything by Cake or Coldplay or Alien Crime Syndicate :D

i'm a huge hip hop fan. it's just more suitable for me...and the poetic way i vew life .but i don't "despise" other genres(?).

Dingo Jellybean
08-29-2004, 03:54 AM
You can add Yellow Card's Ocean Avenue...I love this song...despite not liking alternative music.

Because it's VH1? :confused: :confused:

I don't really agree with that list...Billie Jean should be #1, no question. Lose Yourself shouldn't even sniff the top 30.