PDA

View Full Version : Yojimbo Question

AaronD
08-10-2004, 06:26 AM
How do i get him to use Zanmato...everytime i paid him with the overdrive full he only uses wakizashi....i payed him 100k before and he still didnt do it

Kuja
08-10-2004, 11:36 AM
depends on the boss you use it on. if you want to use zanmato against an dark aeon you'll have to pay more than 1 million.

Xander
08-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Whether Yojimbo uses Zanmato depends on other conditions apart from how much you pay him. Plus I think he does it more easily in the PAL version of the game than in the NTSC. I have the PAL version and paid him about 10gil and he used Zanmato on a dark aeon. And there are people who will say that's not possible but all I can say is I did that and it worked.

This thread might have some more information to help you in, I know people were talking about it a lot in there:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=22160&page=3

I don't know exactly about the conditions and stuff though, sorry.

Rostum
08-10-2004, 01:57 PM
depends on the boss you use it on. if you want to use zanmato against an dark aeon you'll have to pay more than 1 million.

I've paid him 1gil to use Zanmato on a dark aeon before. O.o

Jolts
08-10-2004, 06:10 PM
I've seen the Zanmato only once, and I had to fork over a load of cash (stupid PAL and JAP re-releases get all the breaks :p).

SeeDRankLou
08-10-2004, 07:53 PM
I've seen the Zanmato only once, and I had to fork over a load of cash (stupid PAL and JAP re-releases get all the breaks :p).

PAL version just got the break this time, they don't usually.

On my last game, I got Yojimbo as soon as possible and started using him everytime I didn't need to capture something. I paid him 1000 gil everytime, sometimes more. Eventually he just used it. It even got to a point where I would pay him and he would do his turn and on his next turn I wouldn't have to pay him, he would just do an attack. He works wonders against some of the monster arena fiends with his extremely high evasion (not using Zanmato, actually he's never used it on a boss for me, NTSC-US version though).

Auron-
08-10-2004, 08:00 PM
My Jojimbo did zanmato the 1st time i used him... I paid him like a 1000. I think its random like 1 to a hundred

Ryth
08-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Same w/ Jolts and Auron- I saw it once and never saw it again, I don't remember what it looks like anymore.

Bahumat
08-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Does no one else read walkthroughs??? it depends on your relationship with him. a.k.a how much you pay him. always pay at least one gil to preserve motivation. the bigger the boss, the less chance of Zanmoto. if he uses his dog, reset the game as his motivation drops. if his motivation is high, he may attack on his own.

Sabotender
08-31-2004, 12:34 PM
I heard it depends on your luck state of Yuna. The higher your luck, the higher the chance to use Zanmatou.You can even give him just 10 Gil.

Mo-Nercy
08-31-2004, 02:20 PM
Yojimbo's chances of using Zanmato depend on how much you upkeep him. Using him every second battle and paying him a minimum of 1000 gil everytime was my strategy. Did that for about 15 mins before I fought every Dark Aeon. After a while, Yojimbo would upgrade himself from Kozuka to Wakizashi. When he starts using Zanmato of his own accord, that is, without paying him first, you know you've got a friendly Yojimbo.

You have to maintain the relationship, it diminishes if you don't use him enough. Moreso if you pay him little to nothing. If he Daigoro's, don't expect much else from him but that and Kozuka until you start paying him some hard cash.

Note that it is also random to a certain extent. So don't complain if he still uses Daigoro and random Kozukas when you don't expect him to. It's usually a one off though.

crazymcjoe
08-31-2004, 04:28 PM
I think I can get my Jimbo to do it, but unfortunely, when I try to summon him against a Dark Aeon he uses a the third attack and then gets killed, before I can pay him :( Tis very annoying.

Sabotender
08-31-2004, 04:37 PM
Just equip a weapon to Yuna which has First Attack (I dont know how it is in English exactly) Then you will be first to attack.

Dragoon Kain
09-01-2004, 01:06 AM
or you could just get aurons masamune n use him and then since it has first strike just switch for yuna and there u go first strike.

zorander
09-01-2004, 01:17 PM
You have to buile up a sorta relationship with Yojimbo.
First off, When you go to buy the fayth, Tell him you want to "Defeat the most powerful of enimies", he will then ask for 250,000 gill. Pay him 750,000 (three times the asking rate) to gain his favor and a strength sphere. if you can afford more, then give it. Now summon him in random battles against smaller fiends. Pay a minimum of 250,000 each time and he should use Zanmato. After a while though, he'll expect a raise in salary, so don't use him more than 10 times in random fights. Every time he Uses Zanmato in battle, he will like/trust you more and will be more likely to do it for the same price or less next time. If he likes you enough, sometimes he will use Zanmato as soon as he is summoned without even having to be paid!
But beware, should he have to attack with his dog Daigoro, or if he falls in battle, his feelings towards you will decrease, making it less likely that you will see him use zanmato.

Bahumat
09-02-2004, 09:17 AM
1. isn't that what i said, only with better language?
2. Did you look in the walkthrough? i reckon you did.

aeris2001x2
09-04-2004, 06:37 PM
to be honest, the biggest factor (well, that i,ve observed) is to have Yojimbo at OVERDRIVE, in this state, as long as u have a decent relationship, he will almost always use Zanmato.

I.chocobo
10-04-2004, 09:06 AM
I have the PAl game, I payed 1 gil in overdrive and he did Zanmato. I trained him MUCH, in every battle I used yojimbo and payd him 1 gil, if you do that much, he take Zanmato for 1 gil in overdrive mode and sometimes he does it without overdrive and without 1 gil!!!!

Old Manus
10-04-2004, 06:25 PM
If Yojimbo uses Kozuka, his motivation rises.

Bahumat
10-07-2004, 09:10 AM
but if he uses the dog, Daigora (i think) his motivation will drop dramatically. if he gets KO'd same story. if he stays with a overdrive, motivation will also increase.

iluvpenelo
10-07-2004, 06:53 PM
i have the PAL version and i had to pay him a sh*tload to get him to use zanmato. usually, all my money or the majority of it.