PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

Shlup
08-10-2004, 06:43 AM
I saw the Halo 2 prewview video a bit ago, and it looked quite good. You can damage the levels and all the good stuff. The vehicles fall to pieces. Everything looks a tad cooler.

I do have a complaint though: I'm to understand you still can't be a girl. Now I usually get, in response to my complaint, a "It's a CYBORG! It's not even a PERSON!" but I have this to say in response: I want my cyborg to have a nice rack. Is that too much to ask? ;_;

Please respond to the poll. :jap:

Erdrick Holmes
08-10-2004, 06:50 AM
This game will be the very life of XBox live when it comes out. I hope that you can at least hold more then two weapons, maybe 4.

Oh and Madee, that "blowing up the levels" is called the Geo Mod system. If you have an explosive item you can use it to blow open rocks, dirt, and other surfaces. In other words rather then climbing up the mountain or going around it you can use rockets and blow right through it.

EDIT : Mandee, get an XBox. They're not as bad as people say they are *wubs his XBox*

Shlup
08-10-2004, 06:54 AM
I like that you think I care what it's called, and don't think I understand what it means based on my calling it being able to "blow up the levels."

I know you can hold one weapon in each hand, but I don't believe they said whether or not you can hold more on your person.

And I don't need to own an XBox. There's one right behind me I can use whenever I want.

P.S. :grover:

edczxcvbnm
08-10-2004, 07:19 AM
I will get Halo 2 eventually. It isn't a high priority by any means for me. Its all about half-life 2 which will put Halo 2 to shame in every single aspect. Interactive levels, Physics, Weapons, Story, Graphics. Halo 2 will be good but not great where there are giants like DooM 3 and Half-Life 2.

CloudSquallandZidane
08-10-2004, 08:26 AM
I want my cyborg to have a nice rack. Is that too much to ask? ;_;

No, no its not... Not at all.

Anyways i look forward to having a Radion 9800 Pro, or Geforce 6800 GT or something, to play halo 2 on my comp. Xbox is cool, but Halo 2 will be funner on PC.

And edczxcvbnm is right HL2 will make me forget i have Halo 2.

Amnesia Case
08-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Halo 2 will own, but I'm going to buy Fable first. I bought an X Box for the sole purpose of plaing Fable and it's finally coming out, this September.

Az Lionheart
08-10-2004, 09:30 AM
I WANT BOTH NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when is fable out....i had a thread on that but no-one had heard of it back then:(

Amnesia Case
08-10-2004, 09:38 AM
when is fable out....i had a thread on that but no-one had heard of it back then:(

It's supposedly out 9/14/2004.

Cz
08-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Killzone will be way better. :D

Az Lionheart
08-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Killzone will be way better. :D
dont be stupid :p

metCloud
08-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Game looks good, but I cant stand playing FPS on consoles. Which means i will wait for a PC version.

Shoyku
08-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Well, the famous web series Red vs. Blue (http://www.redvsblue.com/) had a person in black Master Chief armour, a person named Tex, a person named Tex with a deep burly voice, and it turned out that was just a girl in the armour with a voice modification chip.

And hmm, I don't recall anyone particularly calling Master Chief anything but "Chief" in Halo, so I guess there COULD be a rack under there, now couldn't there?

Lionx
08-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Ah i remember the first Geo-Modish game i played, Red Faction..fun times.

Well i find it very very nice at the trailers i seen, emotes, people jacking other people's vechiles, and the cutscences are beautiful. If Microsoft got anything right, its Halo.

Too bad i dont get Xbox tho...but who knows, might come out for PC later like the first one :p

Rainecloud
08-10-2004, 06:17 PM
"I'll buy it at some point, no rush."

I enjoyed the first one to a certain extent, but I won't be rushing out to buy the next one.

Cz
08-10-2004, 06:20 PM
I believe that in the spin-off novel 'The Fall of Reach' Master Chief is named, and while I can't remember what the name was, it was certainly male.

It would have been nice for the Chief to be female, though. We could do with a modern-day Samus.

Shoeberto
08-10-2004, 06:34 PM
I will get Halo 2 eventually. It isn't a high priority by any means for me. Its all about half-life 2 which will put Halo 2 to shame in every single aspect. Interactive levels, Physics, Weapons, Story, Graphics. Halo 2 will be good but not great where there are giants like DooM 3 and Half-Life 2.
That's kind of what I was thinking. The first Halo was kind of...bleah. Multiplayer was pretty cool, though the only person I ever played with only ever did Slayer matches with custom weapons or vehicles, so I never really experiences the in-depths of that, and single-player wasn't anything standout. I'm really interested in seeing how much they amped it up for this one, though. I saw a gameplay video of the first area of the game that looks pretty intense.

I don't plan on getting an Xbox, though, so I'll just have to hope that my friend gets it.

Chzn8r
08-10-2004, 10:08 PM
"I have an XBox, but I have no idea why since I don't even want Halo 2."

Basically. We won our Xbox for free with 2 games. We barely play it. We have Halo, but honestly, the game is shit to play on the Xbox, even if you've got multiple controllers it's still boring. We don't want to waste $$$ on Xbox live.
PC Halo pwns Xbox Halo. Easy to control and play with dozens of people.

Lord Chainsaw
08-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Pre ordered limited edition?

WHERE!???

Is it still possible for me to pre order the limited edition? I had no idea this was already going on.

Where can I pre order the limited edition from?

Shoyku
08-10-2004, 10:30 PM
I believe that in the spin-off novel It would have been nice for the Chief to be female, though. We could do with a modern-day Samus.There already is a modern day Samus-- Samus.

Cz
08-11-2004, 10:31 AM
I think that the average idiot in the street still believes Samus is male. At least, a few people around here do.

Erdrick Holmes
08-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Yeah the single player of Halo 1 was nothing really revoloutionary (except for the voice acting, which was awesome) but multiplayer was incredible. I hope that Halo 2 will at least have great single player.

Chzn8r
08-12-2004, 10:33 PM
There already is a modern day Samus-- Samus.

Owned.

Rase
08-13-2004, 08:09 AM
*Doesn't own an Xbox*

Halo is cool, maybe I'll get Halo 2 when it comes out for PC. I dunno, it's fun, but not "OMG IT'S TEH BEST GAME EVAR!!!111!1 ALL OTHER GAMES R TEH SUXORS!!!", as some people in some forums actually put it.

Lionx
08-13-2004, 08:13 AM
I think the main problem with Halo is that, First Person Shooter games are always best on the PC no matter where you put it. The mouse imo is always better than the clumsy joystick(unless i just suck). Not to mention the LAN network capabilities and also easier connectivity if MS ever decides to make a server to hook everyone up.

O yea Shulp i think Master Chief is a guy? O.o

The Puppy
09-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Halo 2 is going to kick everybodys butt. This game will have you drooling on your cheetos and your eyes might bleed because you forgot to blink. Hold on to your britches and get ready to shout once again while sitting on your couch!! I have a friend who is Halo nuts and since I have been getting together with 2 other friends and playing him (the alien / turn speed at 10.) we have got extremly good. Mostly we play 15 min hill blood gulch with warthogs and no sniping. Unlimited grenades is a must. I can stick a plasma grenade on a moving target like I wrote the program. Almost. I know I'm bragging. I have beat the game on legendary but I will not try again. I created file names from Red vs. Blue (Lopez, Griff, Simmonds, Sarge, Tex and Donut) correct colors and the just sit pretty next to all the other files.
Anyway....Halo 2 is supposed to have levels 4 times larger than Halo 1. Wow. Considering the size of these levels thats huge! Only 2 weapons at a time but thats ok. Needler will be better than the first game but I thought it rocked in the first game. Plasma sword....I'll need to see this to understand it. Heat seeking missle launchers. And a rocket launcher on the Warthog. (unlimited ammo) Destructible vehicles and graphics to die for. Well If you have not pre-ordered this yet I will tell you it comes in a very nice hard metal case with lots of extras like game design, behind the scenes, making of Halo 2? Stuff like that. You only need to put 5.00 down to make sure you will have your unlimited edition Halo 2. Your friends will be jealous. No I dont work for Microsoft. Just love Halo.
Later gamers. Remember I warned you. Make nice with your girlfriend now. November is not far at all.

~Puppy.

ZeZipster
09-01-2004, 09:51 PM
You know, 2 years or so of hyping about Halo 2 have left me wondering what a reality where Halo 2 bombs would be like.

Oh how entertainingly ironic that'd be...

Lord Chainsaw
09-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Once a game or series reaches a certain amount of hype, it is next to impossible for it to bomb.

Just look at Wind Waker. I believe it would be nearly impossible for Halo 2 to bomb.

Kilika
09-02-2004, 12:34 AM
mightve missed it but when does it come out again?

Ryth
09-02-2004, 12:40 AM
I don't have a XBox but if I did I would have Halo I already and would be physced for Halo II. I want a XBox soooo bad waaahhhh!

Salmon King
09-02-2004, 01:07 AM
I wish I had an Xbox, I've been trying to get one for a long time now but theres always other stuff to buy :cry: . For sure I'll get Halo 2 someday, along with Fable, hear that game is the shyt.

escobert
09-02-2004, 03:41 AM
I don't have an Xbox

Jack
09-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Like Driver 3, I hope the Hype machine crashes and burns. When people rave about a game so much, that it's reallistically going to trip up (Star Wars Episode I everyone) I love it. So essentially, I reckon Halo 2 will be Halo with nicer graphics, more weapons and stuff. Nothing really revolutionary and nothing thats gonna change the world and everyone will admit their wrongs.

Halo was good fun, but Jesus, it was just a SHOOTER. Like Half-Life 2, it will crash and burn because nothing...NOTHING can replicat the hype this game has recieved. The thing about Halo was that it emerged from nowhere as a great game. Halo 2 has been publicied, trailers, exclusives in magazines...People are missing why these games are remembered. Tomb Raider, GTA3, Halo, half-life, they appeared from nowhere are great. Hype destroys it, building games up to almost diety style. It cannot replicate that.Driver 3 was tosh because of hype, as will I IMO Halo

Meat Puppet
09-02-2004, 11:27 AM
I don't have an xbox or a ps2 or a gamecube. But my friends at school do and I play theirs.

Anyway, all the nerds say Fable > Halo 2. I don't care, but what the heck.

The Puppy
09-06-2004, 12:42 AM
"building games up to almost diety style. It cannot replicate that.Driver 3 was tosh because of hype, as will I IMO Halo"
( 2 posts ago)

First I like the Smashing Pumpkins pic.
Second, I like Driver 3 more than anyone I know. I was so excited about it that I bought 2 other friends a copy. I know the game sucks because of many reasons but comparing Driver 3 to Halo 2 is just nuts.
Driver 3 did not bomb because of the hype. It just was a bad game. It was a good game when they first started making it. It took so long to come out that it could not compare to Vice City. The big bucks were spent on FMV's and Quality Assurance was left out completely. This game is good for the in-game replay factor. I hope other driving games allow you to manipulate the replay camera slow mo etc and save files. I passed a mission standing on the bad guys hood like 12blocks.
Well, I dont think any hype will ruin the gameplay on a game like Halo 2.
If anything I think Bungie is saving the best surprise for last. I guess unless you loved Halo you would not understand the hype for Halo 2.
There really is something to be excited for. Can you imagine a game better than Halo? Only Halo 2.
I'm waiting for Fable like most of you. Then Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. (12 towns and 3 large cities) GT4 and Gods of war.
I have X-box and PS2. I used to be PS2 only now I try to get the game for X-box if possible. I converted. Traitor I am.
Later.
~Puppy

Erdrick Holmes
09-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Guilty Gear Isuka and Halo 2 come out on the same day. It's gonna be hectic when I'm up at EB in the back of the line while everybody brandishes there Halo II copy while I'm clinching my Guilty Gear Isuka game.

CloudSquallandZidane
09-06-2004, 04:51 AM
Whoever authorized the release of any other game on the same day that Halo 2 comes should be fired.

Its just not a good idea.

Erdrick Holmes
09-06-2004, 05:23 AM
Whoever authorized the release of any other game on the same day that Halo 2 comes should be fired.

Its just not a good idea.

Quiet, you. Guilty Gear Isuka should have been released sooner.

The Shoeless Hobo
09-25-2004, 10:54 AM
I will pre-order Halo 2 tomorrow.

Anyway, I did not like Halo much. It was just annoying and repetitive. But, I guess I'm just getting it because I expect more out of the sequel.

That reminds me, why did I get an Xbox, anyway...? xD