PDA

View Full Version : ff6 on ps2....

silverjunky
08-10-2004, 07:13 PM
hey i recently (as in today 10/08/04) got my ps2 and i shoved my ff6 anthology disk in and was astounded to find that its actually crapper on the ps2 than on an emulator why??? the sound is shite and for instance magitek machines when walking in the emulator sounded crunchy and cool and in the ps2 version just have this annoying dunk dunk sound plus the picture is not very good cause on the emulator it was sharp, and clear and the coulours stood out, on the ps2 its no where near as good what is going on ?????????
the ps2 is meant to be graphically advanced and i know that ff6 is an old game but you would have thought it would have been better than an emulator and the loading times just for a random battle are ridiculous, i feel like i should be crying.......
HELP....

Shoeberto
08-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Playing PS1 games on PS2 generally makes them look and sound worse. It doesn't have very good emulation of it.

Big D
08-16-2004, 09:09 AM
My PS1 games are just fine on the PS2. Never had any trouble; indeed, some games can be made to appear even better by using the 'smooth textures' option. Not so much use for the old-school FFs, but then those haven't been any trouble for me...
Strange that some regions have these problems while others don't.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-16-2004, 10:09 AM
well emulators are illegal, why dont you try playing the original SNES version and compare it to the PS2, dont compare it to a ROM

Estes
08-16-2004, 10:53 PM
roms are only illegal if you don't own the game.