PDA

View Full Version : The Useless Discoveries Thread

square_is_the_best
08-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Ever noticed anything in this game that you didn't notice before? I don't mean a cool weapon or an item you didn't find before or a hidden chest you missed. I mean something that doesn't have anything to do with the game, in other words: useless.

I found a few things but I can't seem to remember them all. I do remember one thing. In the movie sphere called "The Red Carpet," where is Lulu? Its the one where all of them are sliding down the cables. But no Lulu...

Have any of you found others?

Lordofsomething
08-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Yeah and am I the only one to notice that wizard of oz is alot like FFX? Or am I just weird?

Big D
08-11-2004, 01:57 AM
I found a few things but I can't seem to remember them all. I do remember one thing. In the movie sphere called "The Red Carpet," where is Lulu? Its the one where all of them are sliding down the cables. But no Lulu...Noticed that one... That's 'cause Lulu is way too dignified and graceful to be shown doing something like that. The undoubtedly took another route down to the ground, perhaps sliding down underneath the cable on a flying fox harness or something. Still, it would've been neat to see her sliding down that wire like the others, with her moogle doll following her.

Giga Guess
08-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Imagine trying yo slide in that goth chick dress. *snag* AAAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhh......*splash*

Who knows, maybe she used the airship's teleporter.

Yuzuki130
08-15-2004, 04:46 AM
It would've been cool to see her sliding down while sitting! That would've shown her gracefulness, even though it would probably hurt like a B****.

Storm
08-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Noticed that one... That's 'cause Lulu is way too dignified and graceful to be shown doing something like that. The undoubtedly took another route down to the ground, perhaps sliding down underneath the cable on a flying fox harness or something. Still, it would've been neat to see her sliding down that wire like the others, with her moogle doll following her.

That entire scene is physically impossible. I always feel kind of embarassed watching it. Casting spells is one thing, but sliding down a metal wire....give me a break.

UltimateSpamGrover
08-15-2004, 10:00 AM
invisible skatebords, its only logical, right?

Aerio
08-15-2004, 06:51 PM
its a fantasy game :P and if it was in a parauniverse then it could be possible ^.^ Scientict believe the laws of physics are different in different universes. ALl Theories though :)

Giga Guess
08-15-2004, 07:20 PM
Exactly. If I saw some big blue man-lion-beast thing breathing fire, I'd definately check my dosage.

Aerio
08-16-2004, 02:53 AM
Lulu is there btw >_> she's in Kamarhi's hands. you get a couple glimpses of her dress.

Giga Guess
08-16-2004, 03:01 AM
Ah. Cool.

Lord Xehanort
08-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Lulu is there btw >_> she's in Kamarhi's hands. you get a couple glimpses of her dress.

Mm-hmm... yes she is. She is far too lady-like to be caught sliding down a cable.

And... how is that scene impossible? If you wear Soap shoes (as seen in Sonic Adventure 2) you can grind down rails, cables or any other such thing.

TasteyPies
08-16-2004, 09:31 PM
xD the soap would just break away on those rough cables. Wax would be better.

Old Manus
08-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Guys, she only has one leg, t'would be imposhibible!

cactuar_12
08-17-2004, 03:37 AM
My best useless discovery was about Lulu on the cables (or the lack thereof)... Never saw anything else they screwed up on.

Lon611
08-17-2004, 04:23 AM
maybe im weird, but in "the legend lives" fmv, auron has no pit hair, lol. greatest guardian ever and he hasn't hit puberty.

did you guys ever buy all the music spheres, listen 2 all of them, then don't remember ever hearing some of them in the game?aren't they supposed 2 be part of tidus's memories?

EDIT: Please don't double post. -Murder

Lord Xehanort
08-17-2004, 08:29 PM
xD the soap would just break away on those rough cables. Wax would be better.

Soap is a brand name... they are not shoes made of soap.

maybe im weird, but in "the legend lives" fmv, auron has no pit hair, lol. greatest guardian ever and he hasn't hit puberty.

That's because axillary regions look much better when hairless, and because it was much easier for the graphics department to just leave it void. I, personally, am 15 years, 8 months and 2 weeks old and have no axillary region hair. I've hit puberty, of course, I just shave it off, along with all the rest of my body and facial hair.

SeeDRankLou
08-17-2004, 09:27 PM

did you guys ever buy all the music spheres, listen 2 all of them, then don't remember ever hearing some of them in the game?aren't they supposed 2 be part of tidus's memories?
1. If you watch the FMV with Yuna and Tidus in the Spring (and several others with Tidus), he has no hair on his legs. And Wakka has no underarm hair either. It's just the way they make the characters, I don't really mind. I don't need the characters to be that detailed.

2. They were probably playing during FMVs where there was too much foreground noise to hear the background music very well. Or during just one boss fight and that's it, or in just one area you were in for like five minutes, things like that. I remember all of them, but for example, in FFX-2, I was attempting to remember where I heard the Disquiet piece, and it was during Yuna's dream, but the noise in that sequence was so much louder than the music that I forgot there was music at all.

Lon611
08-17-2004, 09:42 PM
yah, ur rite. seeing auron's pubes flowing freely in spira would not be good for the ratings, lol. uhm, the whole "look at me im auron and i can't show my mouth cuz of my clothes" resembles setzer A LOT in the intro to ffvi. setzer's mouth is also covered in the same fashion as auron's. i was just wondering, those blitzballs that wakka uses, 3 of them with spikes. they wudn't ACTUALLY use those in blitzball tourneys, wud they?no wonder the place is a spiral of death (JUST KIDDING, i know i know)

soulICE
08-24-2004, 07:29 PM
i know this will end up making me sound like an idiot, but..

when your at the bottom of Lake Macalania, they're standing in about ankle-deep water amongst ruins, while you see the temple bottom and the ice cover way above. buuuuuut all of a sudden Sin stops by and you see the FMV of him swimming and totally submerged in water. buuuuuut everyone looks UP to see Sin. by this time, my brain oozes out my ears.

CONFUSION. or am i just insane? just doesnt make any sense... unless theyre all under water, and theyre just walking about in muck.

:confused:

§håd0w
08-26-2004, 01:21 AM
Who knows?

Anywho... in the FMV where Yuna sends the souls to the Farplane at Kilika, when she walks on the water, you can obviously see that her feet are not even touching the water yet there are waves implying that she is.

And in most places, Macalania Forest at the entrance in particular, you can see that the save spheres are not even touching the ground. In fact, they are floating. Nifty, ain't it?

sephiroth21
08-26-2004, 05:43 AM
this one ject sfere where auron talks about his daugter.....or did i js here it wrong

Lon611
08-26-2004, 05:51 AM
i don't know if this was said, but the fmv where seymour and yuna kiss looks extremely iffy. it's similar to the "yuna's not touching the water, but she's supposed to be". seymour and yuna kiss in a weird way. it's like, seymour's talking or somehting :D lol. it looks robotic n that they're not really kissing, unlike the movie in the spring :p

Giga Guess
08-26-2004, 01:41 PM
I hear ya. I never put much stock in it, though. I took it as one's trying, the other loathes him.