PDA

View Full Version : How many endings?

Chris
08-10-2004, 11:53 PM
How many different endings does FFV actually have?
I was just curious, I'm SO close to completeting it...and I'd just like to know if I should save at the end so I can reset it, and see a different ending when I follow through it the second time around.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-11-2004, 02:09 AM
Well, technically the ending is slightly different depending on who is left alive at the end of the final battle with Ex-Death (zombified, petrified, etc. count as dead), so I suppose as many combinations you can create with 4 characters.

eestlinc
08-14-2004, 07:16 AM
just don't let anyone die so you can see it all.

Sefie1999AD
08-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Since the characters can be alive or dead (KOed, petrified or zombified) at the end of the final battle, the amount of different possible endings is (2^4) - 1 = 15. You'll have to subtract the possibility of everyone being dead away because that will just get you a Game Over, not an ending. The ending scenes change slightly according to who you have alive after beating the last boss. To get the best and most detailed ending, have everyone alive when the final boss dies.

Chris
08-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Easier said than done. I'm having major troubles with that bastard "Uuups" sorry 'bout that, I'm just so frustrated. Neo-Exdeath is quite a handful. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

-N-
08-15-2004, 06:26 PM
I prefer using sigma(4Cx,x=1->4) to get the number of possible endings, m'self. *nerd* :exdee: